Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp-open practices
July 31 is Family Day You can claim your free tickets via this page https://www.bengals.com/team/trainingcamp

The only other open practices will be Aug 7 and 8 with tickets available via lottery. At the bottom of this page is the lottery entry form

https://www.bengals.com/team/trainingcamp

I guess it will be standing room only on the bridge for any other glimpses

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I miss Georgetown
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two weeks from today players report for camp right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 01:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Two weeks from today players report for camp right?

yep

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss Georgetown

I like it in Cincinnati more because it saves me from having to find someone to drive an hour and I get more personal interaction when the practices are in the stadium and I get to go down to the tunnels.

I wonder if I could get in without having to go through the lottery since I won’t be in general population?
Reply/Quote
 Me 3
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 02:40 PM)3wt Wrote:  Me 3

I will say, regardless of my post above, I did like how it was more of a getaway and how it had more of an isolated feeling, which I think was better for the team.
Reply/Quote

Yep, I went from going every year to not even going at all now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I miss Wilmington.
Reply/Quote
I thought Georgetown was just about perfect.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 08:12 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I miss Wilmington.

Enjoyed that too.   I remember Sam Wyche's TCs.  He was so verbal, colorful and creative.   My favorite coach ever.  Definitely more old school as far as training camp went  - and it felt like it.

But loved Georgetown too.   Nice stadium, good seating and food and great ability to see what was going on.   Loved watching Lap, Brad J and Hoardie up close and setting up things for production.    Miss it all.  And it was fund driving down with my young son (took my wife to Wilmington) and discussing the new draft picks and who he wanted to get autographs from.

Loved the training camp where Scott Brewer - our 3rd round TE draft pick - totally nailed some one on special teams, and then later watching him chain smoke at the top of the stadium after the scrimmage was over.

And Corey Dillon was just freaking scary to look at during warmups...

It was a great feel and I miss it.  Great carnival atmosphere - in the good sense of the term.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 02:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I will say, regardless of my post above, I did like how it was more of a getaway and how it had more of an isolated feeling, which I think was better for the team.

Agree with this in every respect Fritz
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 07:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, I went from going every year to not even going at all now. 

Same with me.   More's the pity.
Reply/Quote

It'd be neat to have it in Louisville.
That'd be only about 2.5 hours from Nashville, so a more manageable drive for me.
Just as far of a drive as Columbus is from Cincinnati (1.5 hours).
Louisville also would be great to catch a Bats game, tour the Slugger museum and factory, and just hit up their downtown area.
A nice (long) weekend.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It'd be neat to have it in Louisville.
That'd be only about 2.5 hours from Nashville, so a more manageable drive for me.
Louisville also would be great to catch a Bats game, tour the Slugger museum and factory, and just hit up their downtown area.
A nice (long) weekend.

Just moved to Nashville in November. Coming from Oklahoma, really excited about being within driving distance to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
A nice (long) weekend.

Not these days. Half the team would be shot before they got out of this war zone. As far as the downtown area, bullets are flying everywhere.....literally. Major gang wars going on with bystanders getting hit just about every day. Heck, some poor slob was just driving down I-64 at the Watterson the other day and a black SUV did a drive by on him on the interstate. I don't want the Bengals anywhere around here. Plus, Louisville is in the Colts' market, so it'd probably never happen anyway.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 12:54 PM)3wt Wrote: Enjoyed that too.   I remember Sam Wyche's TCs.  He was so verbal, colorful and creative.   My favorite coach ever.  Definitely more old school as far as training camp went  - and it felt like it.

But loved Georgetown too.   Nice stadium, good seating and food and great ability to see what was going on.   Loved watching Lap, Brad J and Hoardie up close and setting up things for production.    Miss it all.  And it was fund driving down with my young son (took my wife to Wilmington) and discussing the new draft picks and who he wanted to get autographs from.

Loved the training camp where Scott Brewer - our 3rd round TE draft pick - totally nailed some one on special teams, and then later watching him chain smoke at the top of the stadium after the scrimmage was over.

And Corey Dillon was just freaking scary to look at during warmups...

It was a great feel and I miss it.  Great carnival atmosphere - in the good sense of the term.

Sean Brewer Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A nice (long) weekend.

Being a local Louisvillian I concur and would use some vacation and attend daily. 

Plus Louisville Slugger field where the bats play is a really nice field and Slugger museum is cool. Churchill Downs is not running but open for simulcast and museum tours, gambling boat, free concerts on River on Wednesday nights as well. Great restaurants with more awesome pizza places than one could try in month's time and the bars stay open until 4 am. Not that I ever stay that late these days.

Would rather it be in your hometown of Nashville where I try to go at least a couple times a year though. Always take in a show at the Ryman and of course hit the bars on Music Row. My favorite show there was the Levon Helm Ramble at the Ryman. Yet have seen many great ones there and still have tickets to the covid cancelled Rival Sons show. Always make sure to hit Third Man Records too but its even better when Jack White or the Raconteurs are playing. Like another local band by the name of the Cadilac Three too.  

But as much as I would like it don't think the Titans would allow it.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not these days. Half the team would be shot before they got out of this war zone. As far as the downtown area, bullets are flying everywhere.....literally. Major gang wars going on with bystanders getting hit just about every day. Heck, some poor slob was just driving down I-64 at the Watterson the other day and a black SUV did a drive by on him on the interstate. I don't want the Bengals anywhere around here. Plus, Louisville is in the Colts' market, so it'd probably never happen anyway.

Louisville is a Ravens town presently. 

Before Lamar it was split between the Bengals, Browns, and Colts. There are many Bengals fans and season ticket holders in this town. 
If the Bengals become good again it will certainly shift back per it is 100% a Reds town. Cant blame some for giving up on the Bengals with local legends doing well at other teams and Bengals offering nothing for years to get excited about. Yet still plenty of diehards left.

Trust me Ive lived in both, and Louisville is way friendlier than any place in Ohio, believe that.  Have never seen any gangs anywhere ever but don't doubt some part of town may have them and this may be where violence happens. Quit watching the news per them trying to breed hate and keep everyone angry these days and my eyes just don't see what's being described. But there is nothing that would draw you to the areas where this may happen.. Have lived here for 40 plus years and never owned a gun and feel safe every single place Ive been. 
Yet I don't go deep downtown daily but work in every end of town often during the daytime.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 11:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Louisville is a Ravens town presently. 

Before Lamar it was split between the Bengals, Browns, and Colts. There are many Bengals fans and season ticket holders in this town. 
If the Bengals become good again it will certainly shift back per it is 100% a Reds town. Cant blame some for giving up on the Bengals with local legends doing well at other teams and Bengals offering nothing for years to get excited about. Yet still plenty of diehards left.

Trust me Ive lived in both, and Louisville is way friendlier than any place in Ohio, believe that.  Have never seen any gangs anywhere ever but don't doubt some part of town may have them and this may be where violence happens. Quit watching the news per them trying to breed hate and keep everyone angry these days and my eyes just don't see what's being described. But there is nothing that would draw you to the areas where this may happen.. Have lived here for 40 plus years and never owned a gun and feel safe every single place Ive been. 
Yet I don't go deep downtown daily but work in every end of town often during the daytime.  

I grew up in Ohio as well. When I say Louisville is in the Indianapolis market, I'm talking TV. Colts games always take precedence. Lexington is Cincinnati market, Louisville is Indy. Maybe turn the local news back on and you may be surprised at the numbers and areas these shootings are taking place nowadays. It's no longer just West End. Pull up the LMPD crime map on the internet. I don't go anywhere without my Sig.
Reply/Quote