Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
I wonder if adding more pistol formations rather than under center sets would be a good bridge to alleviate the snapping issues in the short term.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if adding more pistol formations rather than under center sets would be a good bridge to alleviate the snapping issues in the short term.

I think he should keep doing what he is bad at until he gets good at it.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think he should keep doing what he is bad at until he gets good at it.

Exactly Nate, reps is what he needs and it will come together
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, i think Price might have some fumbles in the Preseason while he is learning to snap to different QB's.

He wasn't going to be perfect immediately and as you say is expecting a little much after never snapping under Center before.

Billy will get it down, just has to get his mind right and repeat the snaps the exact same way everytime.

I don't understand how you can watch Hopkins and Westerman and Redmond and not see who is clearly better...

Yeah and Ragnow can even play RT with his length and size. Extremely versatile player. Wanted this guy in stripes.

Same with Wynn. Nothing against our boy Price.

Cool Fred, thanks for the info. That will be quite a fight between him and Westerman i believe.

I like Hopkins as a versatile backup.
 Hopkins actually finished out the season well last season and has done nothing to show he should lose his job at RG. Hopkins actually had a  high pass  block production during the last 5 games.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote:  Hopkins actually finished out the season well last season and has done nothing to show he should lose his job at RG. Hopkins actually had a  high pass  block production during the last 5 games.

Hopkins and Hart are starting with the 1s again today. I'd say that will be the lineup on Thursday....but with a heavy rotation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Just had this price argument with a guy at work. The price snaps are a concern but has a month to correct the problem. He can can it corrected by then. If this is still an issue in the 3rd and 4th preseason games then I’ll start worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think he should keep doing what he is bad at until he gets good at it.

Easy to say until you get to game one and it's a struggle still. I'd be adding some pistol as a back up option. You can run a lot of the same concepts from pistol but the snap is closer to a shotgun snap in terms of mechanics. I hope it's all alleviated by week 1, but if you get to week 1 and it's not what's your back up plan? Run solely out of shotgun? That's cool but it changes a lot of the run concepts. I am someone who likes to have a back up plan.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 04:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Easy to say until you get to game one and it's a struggle still. I'd be adding some pistol as a back up option. You can run a lot of the same concepts from pistol but the snap is closer to a shotgun snap in terms of mechanics. I hope it's all alleviated by week 1, but if you get to week 1 and it's not what's your back up plan? Run solely out of shotgun? That's cool but it changes a lot of the run concepts. I am someone who likes to have a back up plan.

From what I understand alot of the "bad snaps" have been price not snapping the ball.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
if Price doesnt correct the bad snaps then is there a chance he moves to RG and TJ Johnson
moves to center?
Im just wondering out loud. I dont think he can start right away at guard but i dont think the front office wants another year of a 1st RD pick not being able to contribute
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 04:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Easy to say until you get to game one and it's a struggle still. I'd be adding some pistol as a back up option. You can run a lot of the same concepts from pistol but the snap is closer to a shotgun snap in terms of mechanics. I hope it's all alleviated by week 1, but if you get to week 1 and it's not what's your back up plan? Run solely out of shotgun? That's cool but it changes a lot of the run concepts. I am someone who likes to have a back up plan.

I'd be interested to see this offense run a pro-style spread offense, with a bit more of an up tempo to it. Obviously it wouldnt be like a college spread where Andy would be doing a lot of rushes. But Gio and Mixon would get their typical amount of rushes in from it, so still balanced between pass and run. Andy was superb in college running the spread at TCU, so it could be possible.

I dont know, I have felt since day 1 with Andy that plugging him into a west coast, under center offense limited him more than anything. Even though he has grown to have success in it, I still think his potential is harder to reach in the current system as opposed to a nfl spread/shotgun system. However I will admit a team needs a good line before running that kind of system as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Hubbard is having a good day.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand alot of the "bad snaps" have been price not snapping the ball.

Interesting, I hadn't learned of that.  Of course, I also have been too busy to read everything that has been written about the situation.  If that is the case, I wonder if he's losing focus on starting the play, in order to concentrate on the Xs and Os that are about to unfold?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 04:34 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand alot of the "bad snaps" have been price not snapping the ball.

So your saying he's not paying attention to the count?

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 05:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: if Price doesnt correct the bad snaps then is there a chance he moves to RG and TJ Johnson
moves to center?
Im just wondering out loud. I dont think he can start right away at guard but i dont think the front office wants another year of a 1st RD pick not being able to contribute

TBH, I don't think the team would just move him to RG if he can't snap better because he's not been getting RG snaps. I'd expect he'd actually be a backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote