Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transgender Boys Playing Boys Sports?
(01-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Have to remember it's not just about the Transgender child but everyone else in the locker room. How comfortable is the rest of the team dressing in front of a person that says they are a difference gender but isnt.

I don't know how I would react to my daughters having to change in front of a boy just because he says he identifies as a girl.

I remember when I was in college and I was dating this girl who was friend with a guy from my high school.  Everyone "knew" he was gay back then but he never came out to any of us.  He had since came out and we were talking about how it was not surprise.  I mentioned that it was weird that we shared locker rooms and such and my then gf said "What makes you think he was interested in you?"  And I laughed and  said she had an excellent point.  Just because someone is gay or straight it doesn't mean they are leering or lusting after every opposite person.

I know if it was me I'd be more shy than the other in the room because *I* was being looked at as different.

I also know that most of you had no problem with movies like "Porky's" and scenes of boys peeking in the girls locker room.  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: to be clear... If your born a boy you are a boy... No matter what you do to your body and visa versa so yes they should have to use the correct locker room and should be on the correct team.

The world doesnt care what you identify as just what you are....
Apparently a large part of the country does care about what you claim to be.

It's a snowflake mentality and it's a slippery slope.
(01-27-2021, 12:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/trans-athletes-win-boys-sports
Do those athletes use the boys' locker rooms and change/shower with other boys?
(01-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Have to remember it's not just about the Transgender child but everyone else in the locker room. How comfortable is the rest of the team dressing in front of a person that says they are a difference gender but isnt.

I don't know how I would react to my daughters having to change in front of a boy just because he says he identifies as a girl.

I asked about that in another thread and was ridiculed.

(01-27-2021, 02:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Gender refers to what society has created to be the social characteristics of women and men. Sex is the biological classification. 

Trans folk do not claim to be a different sex. They identify with a gender that society does not associate with their biological sex. 

But that's saying that they're not really male or female, like they claim to be, because they're just a product of something society created.

Society created bathrooms to keep men and women separate because they have different sexual organs and they want privacy from people with different sexual organs.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do those athletes use the boys' locker rooms and change/shower with other boys?

I don't know. I was just providing you an example of something you said you hadn't seen.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I also know that most of you had no problem with movies like "Porky's" and scenes of boys peeking in the girls locker room.  Cool

How dare you make that assumption !

I'm a moral, upstanding citi.....

*looks at everyone laughing*

Ok, I'm busted.
Show's over.
Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But that's saying that they're not really male or female, like they claim to be, because they're just a product of something society created.

Society created bathrooms to keep men and women separate because they have different sexual organs and they want privacy from people with different sexual organs.

Male and female are adjectives that refer to biological classifications. In that technical sense, a trans woman is a still male. Colloquially they are often misused as synonyms for "man and "woman", but "trans man" and "trans woman" would be the correct terms and the terms you will see most often. 

Society's role is telling us that men behave one way and women behave another, but biologically that is also influenced by your brain chemistry. Biological determinism is the idea that behavioral differences between men and women are biological not social, but no significant behavior differences have been causally linked to any biological differences. Researchers have found that any behavioral tendencies between sexes are weak and are easily overridden by cultural and social influences. Society plays the stronger role in telling us that these behaviors are linked with this gender while these behaviors are linked with another.

Margaret Meade's study of tribes in New Guinea showed that societies can vary greatly from Western standards on masculinity and femininity. Some tribes promoted what we would call masculine traits in all, some promoted what we would call feminine traits in all, while others had the two reversed based on Western Standards.

This is also where we need to understand that trans folk are not homogenous. Some folks are biologically inclined towards identifying with one set of gender roles created by society that run counter to what they were socialized to follow based on their anatomy, but they do not have any dysmorphia with regards to their body. Others may have a form of body dysmorphia. Some reject a binary view of gender outright, and are inclined with identifying with all gender roles or a mix of roles. 

And society absolutely in responsible for creating attitudes towards privacy. We're quite prudish in many ways in the US despite promoting sexuality a lot in the media. In some places, coed nudity isn't sexualized and is common. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 02:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hey now... I can put up with your Hall & Oates comments but don't be disparaging the boys from Boston.  Rock On

Hall and Oates are awesome, I've seen them twice that's how cool I am.  Aerosmith, Star Wars, organized religion, all these new superhero movies....not my thing.  Other people really seem to love this stuff, so let 'em have it.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know how I would react to my daughters having to change in front of a boy just because he says he identifies as a girl.

I can only speak for myself, but I think you'd be amazed at how much less of a crap kids give about stuff like this compared to adults on the internet. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Margaret Meade's study of tribes in New Guinea showed that societies can vary greatly from Western standards on masculinity and femininity. Some tribes promoted what we would call masculine traits in all, some promoted what we would call feminine traits in all, while others had the two reversed based on Western Standards.

I have always found the way gender was constructed in the indigenous cultures of North America to be extremely fascinating. The number of cultures that have recognized what we call transgenderism in modern times and have accepted it as a part of their culture for generations is very interesting.

(01-27-2021, 03:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And society absolutely in responsible for creating attitudes towards privacy. We're quite prudish in many ways in the US despite promoting sexuality a lot in the media. In some places, coed nudity isn't sexualized and is common. 

Yet for some reason we like bathroom stalls that have a huge gap underneath and that you could see in between. We need more European bathrooms. More privacy and bidets.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 04:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have always found the way gender was constructed in the indigenous cultures of North America to be extremely fascinating. The number of cultures that have recognized what we call transgenderism in modern times and have accepted it as a part of their culture for generations is very interesting.

Yet for some reason we like bathroom stalls that have a huge gap underneath and that you could see in between. We need more European bathrooms. More privacy and bidets.

I think the huge gaps are a cost thing Tongue , but I'm all for the floor to ceiling stalls.  I'd prefer a nice heavy oak door as well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 04:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have always found the way gender was constructed in the indigenous cultures of North America to be extremely fascinating. The number of cultures that have recognized what we call transgenderism in modern times and have accepted it as a part of their culture for generations is very interesting.

maybe some german nude spas
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I mean America is still a very prudish country.  Or at least the prudes (for lack of a batter term) are very vocal when it comes to s-e-x and everything that goes with it.
Reply/Quote
My official stance...Until Satan himself shows up at my door with a bazillion dollars in exchange for my mortal soul I don't really care.. Have fun kids! On a side note..I've been waiting for satan to show up and to date he never has.. I'm beginning to think he doesn't really exist.. or perhaps he's too stingy for the likes of me..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 04:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think the huge gaps are a cost thing Tongue , but I'm all for the floor to ceiling stalls.  I'd prefer a nice heavy oak door as well.

According to Q, it's so liberals can tap each other's toes to let them know theyres available. Which wasn't a thing until clinton.

(02-02-2021, 08:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: My official stance...Until Satan himself shows up at my door with a bazillion dollars in exchange for my mortal soul I don't really care.. Have fun kids! On a side note..I've been waiting for satan to show up and to date he never has.. I'm beginning to think he doesn't really exist.. or perhaps he's too stingy for the likes of me..

Why by the cow when you get the milk for free?
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 03:45 PM)Benton Wrote: According to Q, it's so liberals can tap each other's toes to let them know theyres available. Which wasn't a thing until clinton.

Why by the cow when you get the milk for free?

Is that really a "Q" thing?

Are they too young to remember Larry Craig?

Or should I stop trying to be logical about anything involving Q? Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 08:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: My official stance...Until Satan himself shows up at my door with a bazillion dollars in exchange for my mortal soul I don't really care.. Have fun kids! On a side note..I've been waiting for satan to show up and to date he never has.. I'm beginning to think he doesn't really exist.. or perhaps he's too stingy for the likes of me..

I'm still waiting for all those loose women who will tempt me with ultra hot sinful sex to show up.  Mother warned me they'd be after me, but they never did come.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 04:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm still waiting for all those loose women who will tempt me with ultra hot sinful sex to show up.  Mother warned me they'd be after me, but they never did come.

You must be missing something mama didn't bother to mention..  Cool I ran into a few in my days and have two grown kids (That I raised without them by the way) to show for it.. Just in case mama makes an edit to the warnings and fails to mention it...don't bother getting hitched to a stripper.. transgendered or otherwise..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, but I immediately think of this South Park clip whenever this debate starts up...

Reply/Quote
It is just weird how some people latch on to whatever talking point fox news tells them to care about and PUFF suddenly it is such a huge issue to them. Fox says jump, so jump simps.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:14 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: It is just weird how some people latch on to whatever talking point fox news tells them to care about and PUFF suddenly it is such a huge issue to them. Fox says jump, so jump simps.

Not at all but we think that there needs to be lines drawn somewhere.

Liberals think that there should be no rules or standards in anything and nothing should be sacred.
Reply/Quote