Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender bathroom bill passes through South Dakota Legislature
What I found most amusing was the Facebook page I found the link on had the following commentary from the poster:

Quote:I wondered how long this would take b4 something would happen. Bit was just a brief matter of time since two years ago some states were letting their "politically correct" guards down and allowing males with male genitalia legally into and with females using same bathrooms only to do harm , rape , or worse to the innocent victims ...and its here.

There are tines when our Judicial System places Political correctness before pure Common Sense at the Publics expense when all they had to do was to ask themselves if they would feel comfortable with a hair butt bear faced male cross dressing and walking in any bathroom facility with their own Daughters or wife or Moms ?

Also scared me that more people than Lucy believe the fear they are fed...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/17/transgender-bathroom-bill-passes-through-south-dakota-legislature.html

Quote:PIERRE, S.D. –  South Dakota would be the first state in the U.S. to approve a law requiring transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms that correspond to their sex at birth if the governor signs a bill passed Tuesday by the state Senate.

The Senate voted 20-15 to send the bill to Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard, who initially responded positively to the measure but said last week he'd need to study it more before making a decision.

Advocates say the bill is meant to protect the privacy of students, but opponents say it discriminates against vulnerable adolescents.

Under the plan, schools would have to provide a "reasonable accommodation" for transgender students, such as a single-occupancy bathroom or the "controlled use" of a staff-designated restroom, locker room or shower room.

Republican Sen. David Omdahl urged other legislators Tuesday to support the bill to "preserve the innocence of our young people."

Democratic lawmakers and some Republicans unsuccessfully opposed the measure in the Senate.

The American Civil Liberties Union of South Dakota and Human Rights Campaign have been vocal in their opposition to the measure and have called on Daugaard to veto the legislation.

"History has never looked kindly upon those who attack the basic civil rights of their fellow Americans, and history will not treat kindly those who support this discriminatory measure," Chad Griffin, the president of the LGBT-rights organization Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement Tuesday.

Transgender advocates have also criticized comments made by some lawmakers, including Omdahl, about transgender people.

"I'm sorry if you're so twisted you don't know who you are," Omdahl said at a recent event when asked about the bill. "I'm telling you right now, it's about protecting the kids, and I don't even understand where our society is these days."

Several states have looked at addressing gender and public facilities in the past several years. But South Dakota would be the first state in the nation to put such a measure into law, said Joellen Kralik, a research analyst at the National Conference of State Legislatures.

The Legislature's passage of the bill is "shocking," said Thomas Lewis, a transgender student in his senior year at Lincoln High School in Sioux Falls, the state's most populous city.

"At this point, I'm hoping that the governor has a sense of humanity and the common sense not to write this bill into law," said Lewis, who is planning to attend college in Minnesota. "I am so glad to be leaving soon. I can escape the oppression that my home state wants to put on me."

Supporters say South Dakota's plan is a response to changes in the Obama administration's interpretation of the federal Title IX anti-discrimination law related to education. Federal officials have said that barring students from restrooms that match their gender identity is prohibited under Title IX.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
i kinda agree with whats happening there... If you still got the parts you still need to go into that bathroom. or there has to be a special 1 person bathroom... Except in a school they cant have bathrooms with locks(or at least never did when i went). so not sure how that will work.

society as a whole should not need to bend over backwards to appease every complaint by every group especially in a situation where the party is Choosing to be something they are not.
(02-17-2016, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i kinda agree with whats happening there...  If you still got the parts you still need to go into that bathroom.  or there has to be a special 1 person bathroom... Except in a school they cant have bathrooms with locks(or at least never did when i went). so not sure how that will work.

society as a whole should not need to bend over backwards to appease every complaint by every group especially in a situation where the party is Choosing to be something they are not.

Agree.

But their reasoning is what I found funny.  The decision makes sense...the route they chose to get there does not.
(02-17-2016, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: society as a whole should not need to bend over backwards to appease every complaint by every group especially in a situation where the party is Choosing to be something they are not.

Your gender is whatever you choose it to be. So if they choose to be a woman, they're a woman. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-17-2016, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your gender is whatever you choose it to be. So if they choose to be a woman, they're a woman. 
Your sex is in your chromosomes. You dont get to choose your chromosomes. 

Bathrooms are not gender specific they are sex specific.

Or if I needed to explain it to Ammon Bundy. If you have the anatomy capable of pissing into a urinal you use a certain one. If you need a little small trash can in each stall to throw away certain items every month you use the other.

Another thing is you dont give pre teen and teenage boys the option of getting into the girls locker room within the rules. Or you are just asking for problems.
(02-17-2016, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Your sex is in your chromosomes. You dont get to choose your chromosomes. 

Are they? I guess that's for the law to decide. 

Quote:Another thing is you dont give pre teen and teenage boys the option of getting into the girls locker room within the rules. Or you are just asking for problems.

I've said this before and I'll say this again. There are no recorded cases of these laws being used to assault women. 

(02-17-2016, 05:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've said this before and I'll say this again. There are no recorded cases of these laws being used to assault women. 

Well you have the blame the laws because you sure as hell can't blame straight males for being opportunistic and nigh-uncontrollable rape machines.  Also, how is it that gun laws won't stop criminals from getting guns but laws against men going into the women's locker room and raping everyone stop rapists?

Anywho, any issue I have with this law isn't going to based in some sort of fear about men who have no intentions of being rapists suddenly rushing into womens' restrooms and committing mass sexual assault.
(02-17-2016, 05:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anywho, any issue I have with this law isn't going to based in some sort of fear about men who have no intentions of being rapists suddenly rushing into womens' restrooms and committing mass sexual assault.

Bingo. I get a number of the arguments, but that is one that makes no sense. If you have the desire to commit this crime, you were going to do it prior it the law. You were going to dress up as a woman to begin with if that was your plan. 

(02-17-2016, 05:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Bingo. I get a number of the arguments, but that is one that makes no sense. If you have the desire to commit this crime, you were going to do it prior it the law. You were going to dress up as a woman to begin with if that was your plan. 

I was going to walk into that bathroom and rape a woman, but if it isn't legal for me to go in there...forget it.
(02-17-2016, 05:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are they? I guess that's for the law to decide. 

I've said this before and I'll say this again. There are no recorded cases of these laws being used to assault women. 
What law? The law of nature? The hardware in the bathrooms around the country are not designed around the fact if you like to play with dolls or wear dresses or play army man and be macho. They are designed for the anatomy of a specific sex.

Who says it has to be sexual assault? If all a teenage boy had to do was say he wanted to use the girls bathroom and he got to go into the same gym locker room with stripped down girls. There would be a few that would do that on there own because why not and more than a few that would do it to impress their friends. 

I dont even have a daughter. But if i did i wouldnt want an environment where it would be so easy as telling a little lie for a hormonally charged teenage boy to get to use the same locker room. Did you go to middle school and high school. I went to public schools and that kind of situation just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
(02-17-2016, 05:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to walk into that bathroom and rape a woman, but if it isn't legal for me to go in there...forget it.

Imagine back to your middle school and high school days. Did you have any friends or maybe even yourself that could possibly want to see a person of the opposite sex in a state of undress? Would/could they possibly tell a little lie to get that opportunity that they otherwise would not have gotten? 
(02-17-2016, 05:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Imagine back to your middle school and high school days. Did you have any friends or maybe even yourself that could possibly want to see a person of the opposite sex in a state of undress? Would/could they possibly tell a little lie to get that opportunity that they otherwise would not have gotten? 

Would the risk of being laughed at for dressing in girls clothes or having the reputation for saying you are a girl be worth a quick boob shot?

No.
(02-17-2016, 05:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Imagine back to your middle school and high school days. Did you have any friends or maybe even yourself that could possibly want to see a person of the opposite sex in a state of undress? Would/could they possibly tell a little lie to get that opportunity that they otherwise would not have gotten? 

Ok, I'm pretending I'm 13 again.  Let's see...how do I see a naked female?  Do I go look at my uncle's Playboys?  Do I attempt to get a girlfriend and experiment?  No, I got it!  I'll tell everyone in the school that I think I'm a female and then I'll walk into the girls room and, I don't know, demand that a girl let me watch her take a crap because I think I'm a girl too?

Seriously, how does this scenario work in your world?  Do middle school girls walk around the girls room naked?  Are they like, making out in there, or is it just an unsexy bathroom?  Maybe I didn't hang out with the right crowd, but if a guy goes into the girls bathroom or locker room to see some naked chicks he's going to look like a total creepy perv and be blacklisted with any decent gal in that school.  I guess his idiot buddies would give him some high-fives, but I wouldn't bet on it.

This is like one step up from watching your sister get undressed in terms of desperation and sex-offender-in-training.
(02-17-2016, 06:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Would the risk of being laughed at for dressing in girls clothes or having the reputation for saying you are a girl be worth a quick boob shot?

No.
But it is acceptable to be a boy but be a girl and be a girl but be a boy. So why is anybody laughing when little Timmy I mean Timmetta is over here admiring all the T and A he wants. And who knows it was probably Timettas friends that put him up to it.

You are naive to think there are not plenty of teenage boys who would bend the rules without proper fear of consequences when something like a little lie gets them into a locker room full of undressed girls.
(02-17-2016, 05:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Your sex is in your chromosomes. You dont get to choose your chromosomes. 

Or if I needed to explain it to Ammon Bundy. If you have the anatomy capable of pissing into a urinal you use a certain one. If you need a little small trash can in each stall to throw away certain items every month you use the other.

Another thing is you dont give pre teen and teenage boys the option of getting into the girls locker room within the rules. Or you are just asking for problems.

This sparked a thought. Let's assume folks can use whichever facility they identify with. How long will it be before urinals are deemed to be discriminatory? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-17-2016, 06:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: But it is acceptable to be a boy but be a girl and be a girl but be a boy. So why is anybody laughing when little Timmy I mean Timmetta is over here admiring all the T and A he wants. And who knows it was probably Timettas friends that put him up to it.

You are naive to think there are not plenty of teenage boys who would bend the rules without proper fear of consequences when something like a little lie gets them into a locker room full of undressed girls.

Bending the rules =/= declaring a lifestyle choice at 13 just to see a bra and panties.

And here's another thing:  They have this thing call "the internet" now that is just chock FULL of naked bits.  Don't really need to go out Blutarsky and put the ladder up at the sorority house window anymore.

[Image: National-Lampoons-Animal-House-03-john-b...eeping.jpg]
(02-17-2016, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This sparked a thought. Let's assume folks can use whichever facility they identify with. How long will it be before urinals are deemed to be discriminatory? 

My nephew hates using the urinal.  Always waits for a stall to open up. I don't get it but he's of his own mind about it.

My point is there are stalls in the mens room too.
(02-17-2016, 06:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: My nephew hates using the urinal.  Always waits for a stall to open up. I don't get it but he's of his own mind about it.

My point is there are stalls in the mens room too.

Of course there are, but if I have the ability to use it and you are forced to go into the stall have you been discriminated against? Seems far-fetched, by just a thought that popped into my mind. There was a case recently where a person considered a uni-sex bathroom to be discriminatory and it received quite a bit of support, both on here and locally. Is it outside of the realm of possibly that someone that identifies as a man, but has the parts of a woman could see these as discrimination in the facility?   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-17-2016, 06:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, I'm pretending I'm 13 again.  Let's see...how do I see a naked female?  Do I go look at my uncle's Playboys?  Do I attempt to get a girlfriend and experiment?  No, I got it!  I'll tell everyone in the school that I think I'm a female and then I'll walk into the girls room and, I don't know, demand that a girl let me watch her take a crap because I think I'm a girl too?

Seriously, how does this scenario work in your world?  Do middle school girls walk around the girls room naked?  Are they like, making out in there, or is it just an unsexy bathroom?  Maybe I didn't hang out with the right crowd, but if a guy goes into the girls bathroom or locker room to see some naked chicks he's going to look like a total creepy perv and be blacklisted with any decent gal in that school.  I guess his idiot buddies would give him some high-fives, but I wouldn't bet on it.

This is like one step up from watching your sister get undressed in terms of desperation and sex-offender-in-training.
Well we had to change for gym class. So an outlandish scenario like a room full of girls taking their clothes off happens every day in the schools i went to. 

You guys give way too much respect for the restraint of teenage boys. Maybe I was the only one who did dumb stuff as a teenager. But I highly doubt that.  There is plenty of research to suggust teens are not the best decision makers.
(02-17-2016, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You guys give way too much respect for the restraint of teenage boys. 

And yet you are the one who thinks "the rules" are going to stop them from running in there and soaking in all this fine fine teenage boobage.  It's just amusing that you think teenage boys are just going to be able to yell "I think I should have a vagina!" and then be given a red carpet to a peep show.

Again, it's astounding that a defense against transgender legislation is "It'd be nice to help transgendered people, but straight people are TOTALLY going to use this to rape people." Why are straight men such uncontrollable rape-fiends? Were those shrill feminists right when they decided men were just predatory savages?