Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender teen Mack Beggs wins Texas state wrestling title
(02-26-2017, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're asterisks pathetic

I cannot believe the stigma that is attached with the Special Olympics by the more closed-minded here. IMO there would be nothing wrong, pathetic, hateful, ect... with opening up opportunities for Transgenders to compete among themselves under the umbrella of the Special Olympics. 

You're right.
I feel so much shame, right now.
I can't believe you had to asterisks me, to shock me back to reality.
What a tool I am.

I mean, they could probably benefit from the established funding, initially, but my blind hatred forced me to exclude them.
(02-26-2017, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, it could be new classes in the Special Olympics.

Take your pick people, but this post is either:

a) From someone woefully ignorant as to the scope and mission of the special olympics. 

b) From someone who equates gender dysphoria with an intellectual disability.

c) From someone who wishes to troll by posing as the b option. 

You sir are a special kind of shitty person. 
(02-26-2017, 09:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Take your pick people, but this post is either:

a) From someone woefully ignorant as to the scope and mission of the special olympics. 

b) From someone who equates gender dysphoria with an intellectual disability.

c) From someone who wishes to troll by posing as the b option. 

You sir are a special kind of shitty person. 

The insults from the left are to be expected; however, intellectual disability is a relatively new term and includes deficiency in cognitive reasoning. One could easily associate gender dysphoria with a deficiency in cognitive (the ability to know/perceive)  reasoning.

Simply mentioned those transgenders that wish to participate could do so at the Special Olympics. This does not preclude him or her from participating outside the umbrella of the organization.   

It is amazing the reaction the post has caused. I'm not sure whether they have insulted Transgenders or the Special Olympics more. 

Don't call me sir and then insult me.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-26-2017, 08:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Would it be acceptable to have a Transgender Olympics ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I think it would be acceptable*, but the guidelines put in place by the IOC have largely made the institution of specific games for transgender folk unnecessary by making sure that there is no real competitive advantage.

*Bearing in mind that there is always going to be someone offended by it. LOL
(02-26-2017, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The insults from the left are to be expected; however, intellectual disability is a relatively new term and includes deficiency in cognitive reasoning. One could easily associate gender dysphoria with a deficiency in cognitive (the ability to know/perceive)  reasoning.

Simply mentioned those transgenders that wish to participate could do so at the Special Olympics. This does not preclude him or her from participating outside the umbrella of the organization.   

It is amazing the reaction the post has caused. I'm not sure whether they have insulted Transgenders or the Special Olympics more. 

Don't call me sir and then insult me.   

One could easily associate your argument with a deficiency in cognitive reasoning. Intellectual disabilities are usually associated with learning disabilities and lower IQ scores, at least according to the Special Olympics website. Are you aware of an intellectual disability which isn't associated with those qualities?
come on guys, its bfine...dude hasnt had a valid logical point in years
People suck
I don't know about all this.......maybe its just my old timey-ness coming out but I believe if you have the plumbing of a boy, you are a boy.  If you have the plumbing of a girl, you are a girl.  Why does it have to be any harder than that?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-27-2017, 02:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't know about all this.......maybe its just my old timey-ness coming out but I believe if you have the plumbing of a boy, you are a boy.  If you have the plumbing of a girl, you are a girl.  Why does it have to be any harder than that?

nice pun
People suck
(02-27-2017, 02:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't know about all this.......maybe its just my old timey-ness coming out but I believe if you have the plumbing of a boy, you are a boy.  If you have the plumbing of a girl, you are a girl.  Why does it have to be any harder than that?

The response would be "sometimes your programming doesn't match your hardware". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Because humans are involved. 

Or . . . 

It's all part of God's plan. And I'm not gonna sit here and read Bfine bad mouthing God's plan. 
(02-26-2017, 07:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I like the NCAA policy. If they have undergone hormone therapy for over a year, they play with the girls. If not, they're with the boys.

To me, that's the issue.  Regardless of your stance on transgender, testosterone is a performance enhancing drug.   I suspect opinions would be different if it was a transgender male competing with the women, whether or not he was taking hormone therapy.

There are biological and physiological differences.  If you can pass the drug test, then by all means compete.  But if not, I don't care how much you "feel" like a woman or man - it's a question of physicality and not what you feel like.
--------------------------------------------------------

(02-28-2017, 07:03 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: To me, that's the issue.  Regardless of your stance on transgender, testosterone is a performance enhancing drug.   I suspect opinions would be different if it was a transgender male competing with the women, whether or not he was taking hormone therapy.

There are biological and physiological differences.  If you can pass the drug test, then by all means compete.  But if not, I don't care how much you "feel" like a woman or man - it's a question of physicality and not what you feel like.

Should a male who suffers from testosterone deficiency who is going through testosterone replacement therapy be barred from any competition?
(02-28-2017, 07:03 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: To me, that's the issue.  Regardless of your stance on transgender, testosterone is a performance enhancing drug.   I suspect opinions would be different if it was a transgender male competing with the women, whether or not he was taking hormone therapy.

But this is Texas...so they already found a way to allow performance enhancing drugs as long as they are "approved".

Beggs got approved.

Then they got all scured that a boy might wrestle girls while going through the process to become female so they passed a rule saying you had to wrestle based on how you were born.

Texas...stupid is as stupid does.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-28-2017, 07:03 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote:  - it's a question of physicality and not what you feel like.

Which is why the NCAA requires hormone therapy for over a year. For trans women, you can't play on a woman's team until after a year of testosterone blockers. For trans men, you can play on the mens team whenever you want, but after a year of testosterone, you no longer can play on a woman's team.

This kid would have wrestled boys if he was in college, but Texas required him to wrestle girls, at the disadvantage of those girls who were not taking testosterone. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

"Texas policy forces transgender teen boy to wrestle against female athletes at state championship"

"male"=boy
"women"=female

Obviously, someone didn't read the story before chiming in with their uninformed opinion.

[Image: 51UE0h84SdL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
Imo he shouldnt even been allowed to wrestle at all if he couldnt wrestle those with penises. By the rule they have in place, they just allowed a 'cheater' to win which is wrong. Yes it is wrong to have the rule in the first place, but it is more wrong to those other girls that lost out of a possible state title.

Maybe I am a bit of a bigot here, but I feel a lot more sympathy for the girls that lost to him than for his own personal crusade to transition to being a boy by taking drugs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-28-2017, 03:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Imo he shouldnt even been allowed to wrestle at all if he couldnt wrestle those with penises. By the rule they have in place, they just allowed a 'cheater' to win which is wrong. Yes it is wrong to have the rule in the first place, but it is more wrong to those other girls that lost out of a possible state title.

Maybe I am a bit of a bigot here, but I feel a lot more sympathy for the girls that lost to him than for his own personal crusade to transition to being a boy by taking drugs.

Real girls don't wrestle.  Ninja
(02-28-2017, 03:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Real girls don't wrestle.  Ninja

I thought it was "proper girls".  But (luckily) it's been so long I don't remember.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-28-2017, 09:25 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Should a male who suffers from testosterone deficiency who is going through testosterone replacement therapy be barred from any competition?

Not any competition; however, they should not be considered to participate in HSAA or NCAA if he or she is on performance enhancing drugs. getting a Drs. note is too easy. Perhaps intermurals of some sort; I'll refrain from giving any other options as folks will further lose their minds.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-28-2017, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not any competition; however, they should not be considered to participate in HSAA or NCAA if he or she is on performance enhancing drugs. getting a Drs. note is too easy. Perhaps intermurals of some sort; I'll refrain from giving any other options as folks will further lose their minds.

NFL players can use albuterol or methylphenidate with a therapeutic use exemption (for example) even though both are PEDs.

If exogenous testosterone for a therapeutic purpose raises a player's deficient testoserone level into the normal range, but not above, in order to treat a legitimite medical condition, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete the same as any other therapeutic use exemption?

I can argue toradol (for pain) is a PED because the player can participate at a higher performance level than than they otherwise could because of a drug improving their pain tolerance and thus their performance on the field.

So no more pain meds, suck it up or sit the bench.