Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic
As nice as it would be for people to be cognizant of the nuances involved with these sorts of discussions, I don't know why you all are still trying. There are people on this board that will continue on as they always have because they are either trolling you, obstinate, or bigots.

I applaud your continued efforts, I do. Respecting all people, however, is not something some people are willing to do.
(11-12-2015, 01:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As nice as it would be for people to be cognizant of the nuances involved with these sorts of discussions, I don't know why you all are still trying. There are people on this board that will continue on as they always have because they are either trolling you, obstinate, or bigots.

I applaud your continued efforts, I do. Respecting all people, however, is not something some people are willing to do.

And that's what I was getting at.  It happens, I admit I've done it, but you can't act insulted when you are corrected about it. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-12-2015, 01:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You just need to learn the differences if you want to have actual conversations on the subjects.

It would be like if I had very strong opinions about animals at the zoo, but I kept referring to the elephants as "turtles" and the penguins "goats".

It would be very difficult to follow along in a debate if I refused to use the actual, given definitions and made up my own bullshit by saying "yeah, well I consider them all the same thing, so you just have to deal with that".

Understand that words have definitions already, none of us get to make them up as we go. I can totally feel for you if it's a subject that you don't really care about, but you look really silly when you have such a STRONG feeling on a topic, yet you're just unwilling to learn what the words mean to have a more constructive debate.

So when I do housework I am being a woman?   Guess that makes me transgender then.   I do housework a few days a week.   Then I go back to being a man.

If my wife trims the palms does she become transgender while she does that "man" work?
(11-12-2015, 01:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: And that's what I was getting at.  It happens, I admit I've done it, but you can't act insulted when you are corrected about it. 

Indeed, no one is going to be on point with it 100% of the time, either. The key is just making an effort to be respectful. Intent is everything with this sort of thing.
(11-12-2015, 01:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you want to ignore the definitions that is your choice.  As I said I have made similar mistakes in an effort to shorten what I am saying / typing.  Just don't be surprised when you are corrected.

Oh I am sure there are definitions and I believe someone has made this up. But I just can't take this serious. If that definition was true then I am transgender when I do laundry. And my wife is transgender when she trims the palms.
(11-12-2015, 01:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As nice as it would be for people to be cognizant of the nuances involved with these sorts of discussions, I don't know why you all are still trying. There are people on this board that will continue on as they always have because they are either trolling you, obstinate, or bigots.

It just seems made up. That is what makes it hard to believe.
(11-12-2015, 01:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when I do housework I am being a woman?   Guess that makes me transgender then.   I do housework a few days a week.   Then I go back to being a man.

If my wife trims the palms does she become transgender while she does that "man" work?

No, now you're being intentionally dense (or maybe it's not intentional?).

Dino posted an article, a quote from an article, and 2 pictures.

You're taking one line out of all of that information and running with it like a psychopath. Good job. You're sounding even smarter than you were 5 minutes ago. Belsnickel is right, there's just no use trying to discuss this stuff rationally with some people.
(11-12-2015, 01:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed, no one is going to be on point with it 100% of the time, either. The key is just making an effort to be respectful. Intent is everything with this sort of thing.

(11-12-2015, 01:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when I do housework I am being a woman?   Guess that makes me transgender then.   I do housework a few days a week.   Then I go back to being a man.

(11-12-2015, 01:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh I am sure there are definitions and I believe someone has made this up.    But I just can't take this serious.   If that definition was true then I am transgender when I do laundry.   And my wife is transgender when she trims the palms.

(11-12-2015, 01:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It just seems made up.   That is what makes it hard to believe.

Rolleyes
(11-12-2015, 01:35 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No, now you're being intentionally dense (or maybe it's not intentional?).

Dino posted an article, a quote from an article, and 2 pictures.

You're taking one line out of all of that information and running with it like a psychopath. Good job. You're sounding even smarter than you were 5 minutes ago. Belsnickel is right, there's just no use trying to discuss this stuff rationally with some people.

So please inform me of your path of your gender queerness as you navigated your life figuring out whether you were a man or a woman. talk about the debate within. Yourself between man and woman.

Based on the genderbread person you are genderqueer until you learn what you are ....

What ages were you genderqueer?
(11-12-2015, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

I can't help but giggle at the repetition of "she trims the palms".
LOL
(11-12-2015, 01:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed, no one is going to be on point with it 100% of the time, either. The key is just making an effort to be respectful. Intent is everything with this sort of thing.

On I quoted you but this is for Dino as well . Because I am referencing his diagrams.

If gender is learned. Then why wouldn't sexual desire be a learned behavior as well? Wouldn't this lend to my view of choosing women or men at puberty?
(11-12-2015, 01:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I can't help but giggle at the repetition of "she trims the palms".
LOL

Those are the trees we have lol
(11-12-2015, 01:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those are the trees we have lol

Oh, I know what trees you have in FL.
It just became funny to me, as you said it the second time.
Tongue
(11-12-2015, 01:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, I know what trees you have in FL.
It just became funny to me, as you said it the second time.
Tongue

Haha I didn't notice. Couldn't think of a "man's" job she does.
(11-12-2015, 01:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It just seems made up.   That is what makes it hard to believe.

Some people say the same thing about PTSD. 

Before that some people said the same thing about germ theory. 
(11-12-2015, 01:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I can't help but giggle at the repetition of "she trims the palms".
LOL

She wouldn't need to if Lucie didn't masterbate incessantly. 
(11-12-2015, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On I quoted you but this is for Dino as well . Because I am referencing his diagrams.  

If gender is learned.   Then why wouldn't sexual desire be a learned behavior as well?   Wouldn't this lend to my view of choosing women or men at puberty?

Not if you read the definition.

Which you don't believe.
(11-12-2015, 01:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So please inform me of your path of your gender queerness as you navigated your life figuring out whether you were a man or a woman.   talk about the debate within. Yourself between man and woman.    

Based on the genderbread person you are genderqueer until you learn what you are ....    

What ages were you genderqueer?

It all gets sorted out when your dad takes you to a brothel. Right?
(11-12-2015, 02:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Some people say the same thing about PTSD. 

Before that some people said the same thing about germ theory. 

I understand the point your making but....
pTSD isn't denying what is physically there.

I can buy this point for being gay or straight because it's not a thing you can see or touch. But whether your a man or woman is pretty straight forward.... You can see or touch what's there.

And if you are comparing it to ptsd, does this also mean you are acknowledging it is a mental hurdle that needs treatment on how to cope? Or were you just using PTSD as something people denied?
(11-12-2015, 02:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: She wouldn't need to if Lucie didn't masterbate incessantly. 

Haha that's pretty funny .  Rep.