Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transgenders in the news
Meanwhile, in Nebraska:

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/8-year-old-girl-disqualified-from-soccer-game-because-she-looks-like-a-boy-426397041.html

Quote:8 year-old girl disqualified from soccer game; she 'looks like a boy'

SPRINGFIELD, Neb. (WOWT) Mili Hernandez is 8 years-old. She loves soccer - and her short haircut.

[Image: MILI1.JPG]
Mili told WOWT 6 News: "When my hair starts to grow I put it short because I've always had short hair. I didn't like my hair long."

Mili plays soccer for Omaha's Azzuri Cachorros girls club team. She's so good that she plays on the 11 year-old roster even though she's 8. Her father, Gerardo Hernandez, couldn't be more proud. He told WOWT 6 News: "It's what she likes. It's what she always wants to do - play soccer."

This weekend Mili helped lead her team to the final day of the Springfield Soccer Club girls tournament. However, before taking the field on Sunday, Mili and her team were suddenly disqualified. Springfield soccer organizers insisted Mili was a boy.

Gerardo Hernandez told WOWT 6 News that his daughter "was in shock." He continued: "She was crying after they told us... They made her cry."

Mili added: "Just because I look like a boy doesn't mean I am a boy. They don't have a reason to kick the whole club out."

RELATED: Soccer superstar Mia Hamm invites girl disqualified from game to her soccer academy

Mili's family claims they showed her insurance card to tournament organizers in an effort to prove she's a girl. It wasn't enough.

Mili's brother, Cruz Hernandez, told WOWT 6 News: "They didn't want to listen. They said the president made his decision and there wasn't any changing that."

Mili told WOWT 6 News she thinks the situation isn't fair. However, she won't let it stop her from playing. She said: "There's other tournaments that I can play."

Springfield Soccer Club organizers declined WOWT 6 News's request for an interview, directing us to contact their attorney on Monday, instead. [UPDATE: Organizers responded with a statement on Monday. Their full statement can be found here]

Organizers also said if Mili's family wants to challenge the disqualification they can appeal it with the Nebraska State Soccer Association. 

Apparently someone entered her sex wrong on the roster.

Clearly they take their U11 soccer very seriously in Nebraska. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-06-2017, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I will throw in these facts...

Katie Ledecky set a world record in Women's 400m Freestyle at the 2016 Olympics. That world record? It would have put her in 43 out of 51 in the Men's Qualifier, so she would have been a solid 35 spots away from even qualifying for the final, where if she did get in the final, she would have been in last place by almost *ten seconds* slower than the next slowest guy.

Elaine Thompson won the Women's 100m dash at the 2016 Olympics. Her gold medal time would have put her at tied for 65th out of 69 among the Men's Round 1. In the finals, the difference between 1st and 8th place was 0.25 seconds. The difference between 8th place and her was 0.65 seconds.

Let me refresh your memory to the quote to which I responded . . .

"My guess is that an average male athlete would destroy the very best female athlete in any of the sports you listed."

Are the top 51 male 400m freestyle swimmers in the world your average man?

No.

Is the average man going to destroy Katie Ledeckey in a 400m freestyle?

No.
(06-06-2017, 11:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Just tossing out an idea, as far as team sports go, would there be any issue with transgender athletes competing on boys teams?

It wouldn't address individual sports like track, but for team sports there's already small schools that have females competing on male teams just to make roster.

No, at least to me there wouldnt be. 

I dont understand why anyone is arguing that the vast majority of males are superior in strength to females. Its been that way since the beginning of time and will be that way until we are all long passed.

And when it comes to top tier competition levels in sports from high school to pro, males are simply superior to females overall in terms of body strength. If a girl wants to play with boys, fine, it wont be an unfair advantage for her as it would be the other way around. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2017, 11:22 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Not to toot my own horn but Im very gifted naturally as an athlete (well not height wise. I'm only 5'7). I'm the very definition of wasted talent and I kind of regret it now.  Had I taken things seriously I honestly think I'd be playing a pro sport somewhere.

It doesn't have to be that way, though.  You happen to live in a time where you could get you a chopadickoffofme, and an addsometitstome operation, and try out for the Women's Pro Football League.  Weren't you a RB in HS?  Though some of those women's league LBs look pretty intense.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-06-2017, 03:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let me refresh your memory to the quote to which I responded . . .

"My guess is that an average male athlete would destroy the very best female athlete in any of the sports you listed."

Are the top 51 male 400m freestyle swimmers in the world your average man?

No.

Is the average man going to destroy Katie Ledeckey in a 400m freestyle?

No.

I know what you were responding to, and I wasn't saying you were wrong. Top athletes will beat average lazy joes sitting on their couch. I am just saying if you compare people at even close to the same level of competition, it's a landslide.

Be it HS vs HS, or College vs College, or Pro vs Pro. The worst NBA team would crush the best WNBA team. The same with MLS vs NWSL.

After the US women's national team became world champions, they played the US men's under-17 team and got destroyed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-06-2017, 06:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know what you were responding to, and I wasn't saying you were wrong. Top athletes will beat average lazy joes sitting on their couch. I am just saying if you compare people at even close to the same level of competition, it's a landslide.

Be it HS vs HS, or College vs College, or Pro vs Pro. The worst NBA team would crush the best WNBA team. The same with MLS vs NWSL.

After the US women's national team became world champions, they played the US men's under-17 team and got destroyed.

I was reading that the athlete in question, from the OP, actually won the Connecticut Girls State Title in the 100M with a time of 12.63.  I really doubt that would have even won him many heats in dual meets, if he were on the Boy's team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-06-2017, 06:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know what you were responding to, and I wasn't saying you were wrong. Top athletes will beat average lazy joes sitting on their couch. I am just saying if you compare people at even close to the same level of competition, it's a landslide.

Vlad wasn't comparing the same level of competition. He was comparing top female competitors to average Joes and subsequently claimed average Joes would destroy top female athletes. In other words, Vlad believes he would "destroy" Katie Ladeckey in the 400m freestyle. I doubt Vlad can see his toes let alone touch 'em.
(06-06-2017, 08:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Vlad wasn't comparing the same level of competition. He was comparing top female competitors to average Joes and subsequently claimed average Joes would destroy top female athletes. In other words, Vlad believes he would "destroy" Katie Ladeckey in the 400m freestyle. I doubt Vlad can see his toes let alone touch 'em.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you on that. Just your average guy would be obliterated by top female athletes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Senator who voted for anti-trans ‘bathroom bill’ busted in hotel with underage boy

http://deadstate.org/senator-who-voted-to-protect-bathrooms-from-trans-people-caught-in-hotel-with-underage-boy/

Quote:This Tuesday, an Oklahoma State Senator was charged with child prostitution after being caught in a hotel room with an underage boy.

Three felony charges were filed against Ralph Shortey by Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn. The charges include engaging in child prostitution, engaging in prostitution within 1,000 feet of a church, and transporting a minor for prostitution, according to KFOR.

In the wake of Shortey’s arrest, LGBT advocacy groups noted his support for anti-LGBT legislation such as a proposed “bathroom bill” from last year.

From The Norman Transcript:

Quote:These stigmatizing bills create fear, bias, and discrimination against the LGBTQ community even when they fail. We find it highly ironic that Senator Shortey voted to advance this legislation out of committee, and less than a year later, he was caught in what appears to be actual predatory behavior toward a vulnerable youth. …

There has never been a legitimate recorded incident in Oklahoma of a transgender person harming anyone in a restroom, yet there are numerous accounts of predatory behavior by anti-LGBTQ legislators who have taken bigoted votes akin to the vote Senator Shortey cast last year.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-03-16-at-1.51.40-PM.png]Via Twitter

According to the Moore Police Department, police went to “check on a juvenile at the Super 8 Motel in Moore last Thursday.” When they found Shortey and the juvenile, who is 17, there was allegedly a “strong smell of marijuana” and an open box condoms in the juvenile’s bag. Shortey claimed he had simply gone to the hotel to “hang out with a friend.”

Police say the juvenile’s parents said he has a history of soliciting himself online. KFOR reports that communication records show the teen told Shortey that he needed money for spring break, to which Shortey allegedly responded, “would you be interested in ‘sexual’ stuff?”

In the wake of his arrest, the Oklahoma Senate voted to bar Shortey from all his work as a Senator. He is married with three children and was also the manager for Donald Trump’s campaign during the primaries.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Good thing the republican morality police have such a strong hold on....

How can we keep all these middle aged white male christians out of the bathroom my godson may be using!!!