Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trayveon Williams Re-signed
Guess he’s the Perine “replacement.”
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He might quickly become RB1 if they cut Mixon! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Didn't he play well at the end of the season last year? Or am I only thinking of his kick returning prowess?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:54 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't he play well at the end of the season last year? Or am I only thinking of his kick returning prowess?

Depends on what you mean "play well."
He had a total of 6 carries for 30 yards all season.
Also 2 receptions for 30 more yards.

I always thought he'd have seen more of a prominent role by now after being on the team 4 years.
2020 he put up 26 rushes for 157 yards, and I thought that was the start of seeing him more and more.
It's declined since then.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Didn’t he tear ACL’s in both knees?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:09 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Didn’t he tear ACL’s in both knees?

I think you mean Rodney Anderson. Williams returned kicks and played special teams for the Bengals in 2022.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll finally get his shot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on what you mean "play well."
He had a total of 6 carries for 30 yards all season.
Also 2 receptions for 30 more yards.

I always thought he'd have seen more of a prominent role by now after being on the team 4 years.
2020 he put up 26 rushes for 157 yards, and I thought that was the start of seeing him more and more.
It's declined since then.

5 ypc and 15 yards per reception. He's a hall of famer!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I think you mean Rodney Anderson. Williams returned kicks and played special teams for the Bengals in 2022.

What ever happened to Anderson?
Reply/Quote
Keeping our own guys
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What ever happened to Anderson?

They ran him in the dirt that last preseason game after not seeing the field any due to ACL surgery on known bad knees and it ended his career. 

I wondered why they didn't ease him back (PUP) and try to get him healthy given the injury risk they knew when they signed him as a UDFA.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yay
Reply/Quote
Well, he is/was the #1 kickoff returner. So that spot is secure. He beat out Evans for the KR & RB#3 spots last year. I am good with T. Williams being back. Does not move the needle much though.

Though, if you want to count in guys we have brought back: Pratt (LB), Bachie (LB), Davis (CB), Adomitis (LS), & T. Williams (RB/KR). The number is growing.
Reply/Quote
Trayveon Williams looked good in his limited opportunities at running back last year. I won’t be mad if we roll with him at RB2.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What ever happened to Anderson?

One of those unlucky things. 

Anderson tore his ACL really early his last year in college. He healed for an entire year played in the first pre-season game and looked great Bengals fans were thinking 6th round steal. He sat out the second game and re-tore that same ACL in the 3rd. You will hear the team rushed him back but he had 11 months recovery time. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I think you mean Rodney Anderson. Williams returned kicks and played special teams for the Bengals in 2022.

Yep. That’s is right. Forgot about him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:25 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yep. That’s is right. Forgot about him.

yee ha! thats what im talkin bout!.  While teams like the Jets are making trades, signing Arod etc we are making thesse big splash signings.
I dont get it. Hopefully Johnson Gardener, J Williams and an OT soon 
Reply/Quote
I mean damn we gotta sign a lot of these depth guys when we are losing so many guys. We don’t have 25 draft picks to fill the roster
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:21 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Trayveon Williams looked good in his limited opportunities at running back last year. I won’t be mad if we roll with him at RB2.

You're basing that on 6 attempts?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You're basing that on 6 attempts?

I mean what else can you base it off of?

It’s all we got

So yeah…..In that minuscule sample size he was ok. Everyone knows it’s a small sample size.

From what i saw he was a great runner in open field and had solid WR hands. I’d be ok with him at RB2 but i do share your issue with him at RB1.

But the SAD part about it is I’m so down on Mixon i don’t think there’d be much drop off if we gave Henderson his snaps
-Housh
Reply/Quote