Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trayveon Williams finished as a Bengal?
I was really excited about getting Trayveon Williams because I had seen him tear up the SEC. He ran hard. Had good vision. Great plant and cut. Good receiver. Even praised for his pass protection in college. He lacked top end speed for a guy his size, and he did not have a lot of "shake" or "juke" moves. But he is the type of RB who could be very productive behind a good line and was versitile enough to make a good back up or third down back.

But the problem here was that he could not stray healthy. He was injured in both of the previous pre-seasons. And now I just saw that he will not play against Washington.

Even though we brought in Captain America I still felt like Williams had a good chance of making the roster, but he was clearly on the bubble and I am pretty sure missing the Washington game will pop that bubble.
Reply/Quote
The best ability is availability. I can't see them keeping him and cutting Evans or Patrick
Reply/Quote
I also had high expectations for him coming out of A&M. Just can't stay on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
whos captain america? Evans?
I Like this kid...great skills and value in 6th round...not to mention it makes up for the wiff on Finley.
T Williams is a goner and time to move on. Both him and Rodney Anderson couldnt not stay healthy and were both drafted in that 6th round yrs ago if im not mistaken
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see more of Evans.Yes I believe Trayveon Williams is finished.I really like the RB group we have.If Mixon gets dinged up,which he usually does,then I don’t think him being out would affect us that much,with this young,talented group of running backs on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The best ability is availability. I can't see them keeping him and cutting Evans or Patrick

Yep....couple their play in Tampa, and his nagging injury history, I'd say he's a camp casualty.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great talent, but hasn’t been able to show it here. This is a make or break year, and we need reliable guys to get us where we want to be. To me, keepigg be Mixon, Evans and Patrick makes the most sense. After that, Perine fits based on experience and how he responded last year.
Reply/Quote
I don't follow college, so in a non-biased assessment, he needs to be released. Wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Reply/Quote
any PS eligibility or do we like someone else to stash there?
Reply/Quote
RB's come and go in this league. Its one of the easiest positions to replenish in the NFL. You have to have a very special
Skill set at RB in order to remain a starting RB in the NFL.
I had high hopes for Williams. I thought he was late rd steal.
Low center of gravity good leg drive not a fumbler
But guys like Patrick and Evans offer a bit more at the
Position
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was really excited about getting Trayveon Williams because I had seen him tear up the SEC.  He ran hard.  Had good vision.  Great plant and cut. Good receiver.  Even praised for his pass protection in college.  He lacked top end speed for a guy his size, and he did not have a  lot of "shake" or "juke" moves.  But he is the type of RB who could be very productive behind a good line and was versitile enough to make a good back up or third down back.

But the problem here was that he could not stray healthy.  He was injured in both of the previous pre-seasons.  And now I just saw that he will not play against Washington.

Even though we brought in Captain America I still felt like Williams had a good chance of making the roster, but he was clearly on the bubble and I am pretty sure missing the Washington game will pop that bubble.

I hope Evans can take over the Gio role, we need a great 3rd down back to compliment Mixon. Perrine is not that guy nor is Patrick. I know Mixon my stay in more on 3rd down, but fresh legs and a great (not good) receiver on 3rd down is essential.

As for Williams, tes I agree he is in trouble.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope Evans can take over the Gio role, we need a great 3rd down back to compliment Mixon. Perrine is not that guy nor is Patrick. I know Mixon my stay in more on 3rd down, but fresh legs and a great (not good) receiver on 3rd down is essential.

As for Williams, tes I agree he is in trouble.

I believe the plan is for Mixon to stay in on 3rd downs this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was really excited about getting Trayveon Williams because I had seen him tear up the SEC.  He ran hard.  Had good vision.  Great plant and cut. Good receiver.  Even praised for his pass protection in college.  He lacked top end speed for a guy his size, and he did not have a  lot of "shake" or "juke" moves.  But he is the type of RB who could be very productive behind a good line and was versitile enough to make a good back up or third down back.

But the problem here was that he could not stray healthy.  He was injured in both of the previous pre-seasons.  And now I just saw that he will not play against Washington.

Yeah, I think Evans and Patrick have pushed him out of a spot. Trayveon might make the PS but that is about it.

He just cannot stay healthy, I also had very high hopes for him when we drafted him but he hasn't been playing better than 
Evans or Patrick who both had a good game Saturday.
Reply/Quote
I liked him too. When he gets healthy he might get another shot somewhere. He would be a good fit in a zone blocking scheme. I like Evans best of the rbs not named Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping he had something but looks like it's time to move on.
Reply/Quote
He gone.

Reply/Quote
Not so fast peeps. We have one game of Evans and Patrick. Which RB is the best pass blocker on blitz pick up (3rd down)? That's the real question here.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 11:50 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not so fast peeps.  We have one game of Evans and Patrick.  Which RB is the best pass blocker on blitz pick up (3rd down)?  That's the real question here.

That's a good point....and I had high hopes for Williams. It's just the whole injury history thing that's a real knock on him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any PS eligibility or do we like someone else to stash there?

He does have PS eligibility because of the new PS rules, but I don't see us signing him back. I believe the team will sign Patrick to the PS right now. 

I felt like we drafted Williams simply because he knew Turner's run scheme. He just simply didn't seem to grasp the pro game. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It is sad because he was having a good camp.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote