Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tre Flowers was 1 on 1 with Kelce ALOT
Props to him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
You know, when the Seahawks cut him and we signed him, I saw a lot of Seahawks fans saying stuff like "good luck with that! LOL. Worst CB in the league" but I wonder if he just isn't suited to be a starting CB. He may be a good fit for covering TEs like we've been using him. He seems like a decent pick up.
Reply/Quote
Well if he can cover a TE two games in a row and show it isn’t a fluke, then open the check book. The Bengals have now invented the tight end back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was on him for the TD. Looked like there was a miscommunication on that though. Other than that play didn’t notice anything bad from him so that’s good.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He was on him for the TD. Looked like there was a miscommunication on that though. Other than that play didn’t notice anything bad from him so that’s good.

Flowers played tremendous against Kelce. I could have sworn Kelce had like 8 catches the first 25 minutes of the game but he only was 5 for 25 for the game with basically zero yards after the catch for the galloping Kelce which is 39% of his career YPC. Greatest game in the Bengals history defending a top notch TE.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:18 PM)Housh Wrote: Props to him

Yep, tremendous recognition by you. Simply put they had their best day maybe in team history defending a top TE.
Reply/Quote
Flowers was a safety coming out, 6'3 205 that makes sense, and they converted him to CB because he had 4.4 speed and the coaches liked tall corners at the time. It wasn't the right move and in the new positionless NFL I think he has a place doing exactly this, covering guys who are too big for normal corners or too fast for normal linebackers.
Reply/Quote
Yes very good job by him, didn't know this.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Flowers was a safety coming out, 6'3 205 that makes sense, and they converted him to CB because he had 4.4 speed and the coaches liked tall corners at the time. It wasn't the right move and in the new positionless NFL I think he has a place doing exactly this, covering guys who are too big for normal corners or too fast for normal linebackers.

exactly wat I thought when they first snagged him.... we will need more of this in Playoffs, with possible seeing Waller, Knox , Kelce again etc.
Reply/Quote
It was shades of when Zim put Leon Hall man to man on the opposing TEs late one season, and we actually got a couple of pick sixes out of that coverage,.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: exactly wat I thought when they first snagged him.... we will need more of this in Playoffs, with possible seeing Waller, Knox , Kelce again etc.

I don't know that I go to it all the time, and I don't know that I reserve it just for TE's. If we for instance came across the Chargers again, I'd consider putting him on Mike Williams. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Flowers was a safety coming out, 6'3 205 that makes sense, and they converted him to CB because he had 4.4 speed and the coaches liked tall corners at the time. It wasn't the right move and in the new positionless NFL I think he has a place doing exactly this, covering guys who are too big for normal corners or too fast for normal linebackers.

If he hangs around after this season I wonder if the Bengals will try to move him back out to safety just as a depth/matchup peice. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: If he hangs around after this season I wonder if the Bengals will try to move him back out to safety just as a depth/matchup peice. 

Would make sense as Allen was only signed on a one year deal to kind of be that S/CB hybrid and so you could move to someone with a bit more niche skill set that is younger. He has experience playing outside CB as well so he is a nice emergency CB option in a pinch too.
Reply/Quote

So the bad numbers were caused by him doing what he was asked and play out of position? Wow. Gems could be found this way.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Lou said prior to the game, they have thrown the kitchen sink and tried about everything as far as covering elite TE's. I think he finally hit on it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:34 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Flowers played tremendous against Kelce. I could have sworn Kelce had like 8 catches the first 25 minutes of the game but he only was 5 for 25 for the game with basically zero yards after the catch for the galloping Kelce which is 39% of his career YPC. Greatest game in the Bengals history defending a top notch TE.

Wow! I had no idea we shut him down like that! I was like you, thought he had more production than that. Nice game Tre. Nice wrinkle from Lou and the staff. You can never shut all of the Chiefs down, but to shut down TK, just wow.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:53 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So the bad numbers were caused by him doing what he was asked and play out of position? Wow. Gems could be found this way.

Kinda sorta how we wound up with Reggie Nelson for a steal of a trade.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou said prior to the game, they have thrown the kitchen sink and tried about everything as far as covering elite TE's. I think he finally hit on it.

One of the things I like about the staff this season, they seem very open to adjusting and not just constantly trying to shove round pegs into square holes.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kinda sorta how we wound up with Reggie Nelson for a steal of a trade.

Yeah, wasn't Jacksonville trying to use him as a corner?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, wasn't Jacksonville trying to use him as a corner?

I don't really remember Sled, I just remember him being labeled as a bust and underperforming. That was certainly not the case here, and I was a little miffed they let him go to OAK.

Reply/Quote