Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hendrickson
This isn't a knock on him or another lack of pass rush thread.

I have noticed around the league that other elite pass Rushers move around the line of scrimmage. So why don't we do that with Hendrickson? Can't we isolate him one on one with guards more often?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: This isn't a knock on him or another lack of pass rush thread.

I have noticed around the league that other elite pass Rushers move around the line of scrimmage. So why don't we do that with Hendrickson? Can't we isolate him one on one with guards more often?

No
You are probably referring to Myles and Micah and they are FREAKS.

Trey is not an athletic freak.

Why else do you think his finishing is so poor? He’s great at pass rush moves but is average at finishing sacks.

If we did that stuff with Trey we’d look dumb only because he’s not an Uber athlete
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:59 PM)Housh Wrote: No

Why else do you think his finishing is so poor? He’s great at pass rush moves but is average at finishing sacks.

If we did that stuff with Trey we’d look dumb only because he’s not an Uber athlete

We are watching Max Crosby do it tonight.  Reddick does, Judon, Burns and Von Miller do.

I dont disagree that Trey is likely not athletic enough to do more than he does.  He has his skillset on the right side and it is what it is.

Reply/Quote

I think that's pretty  disingenuous to say that Hendrickson isn't a freak. I have seen that dude cover RBs on wheel routes  stride for stride. 

Also it's not just Parsons and Garrett that are doing it. Hell Max Crosby has taken snaps everywhere against the Steelers tonight.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:22 PM)J24 Wrote: I think that's pretty  disingenuous to say that Hendrickson isn't a freak. I have seen that dude cover RBs on wheel routes  stride for stride. 

Also it's not just Parsons and Garrett that are doing it. Hell Max Crosby has taken snaps everywhere against the Steelers tonight.

I mean I’d call Crosby an athletic freak due to his power generation. YouTube Maxx Crosby and other players discussing him. He’s widely regarded ass Uber strong. I’d say Reddick is a freak due to speed. Obviously the Watts were athletic freaks. Judon to me no. Really good but not an athletic freak.

To me there’s Myles and Michah and then everyone else. Those 2 are the best guys……maybe healthy Vonn Miller too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should be attempting this with Myles Murphy. He is an athletic freak by any definition of the phrase. 9.71 RAS. Elite speed, elite acceleration, elite get off on the snap, elite arm length, elite shuttle, excellent size. He has everything you need to be a piece you can move all around the field.

Only problem is he doesn't have great technique. Teach him some moves and counter moves, and we'll have our game changing elite pass rusher.

That's a tall task though...
Reply/Quote
We desperately need Miles or Joseph to step up and generate some pressure. It looks like Trey typically gets a good push but rarely does anybody else. Hopefully Joseph has at least a few games in him before his next injury and Murphy can start playing better.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: We desperately need Miles or Joseph to step up and generate some pressure.  It looks like Trey typically gets a good push but rarely does anybody else.  Hopefully Joseph has at least a few games in him before his next injury and Murphy can start playing better.

Ossai has his revenge game tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:31 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean I’d call Crosby an athletic freak due to his power generation. YouTube Maxx Crosby and other players discussing him. He’s widely regarded ass Uber strong. I’d say Reddick is a freak due to speed. Obviously the Watts were athletic freaks. Judon to me no. Really good but not an athletic freak.

To me there’s Myles and Michah and then everyone else. Those 2 are the best guys……maybe healthy Vonn Miller too

Crosby is so good because of his pass rush aresenal and athleticism. Dude has like 1000 moves and his motor never stops. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ossai has his revenge game tonight.

I came here to type this. 

I think Ossai is the guy that they may line up accross different parts of the DL. He is big enough and strong enough to do so.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the Bengals should be attempting this with Myles Murphy. He is an athletic freak by any definition of the phrase. 9.71 RAS. Elite speed, elite acceleration, elite get off on the snap, elite arm length, elite shuttle, excellent size. He has everything you need to be a piece you can move all around the field.

Only problem is he doesn't have great technique. Teach him some moves and counter moves, and we'll have our game changing elite pass rusher.

one thing you didnt list was "elite Power" does he have this?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 12:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the Bengals should be attempting this with Myles Murphy. He is an athletic freak by any definition of the phrase. 9.71 RAS. Elite speed, elite acceleration, elite get off on the snap, elite arm length, elite shuttle, excellent size. He has everything you need to be a piece you can move all around the field.

It's kind of strange that they haven't already been working on some of those moves with Murphy.  For example, the most elementary of pass rush moves, the slash 'n rip, and the swim require no precision shifting of bodyweight like the spin, and lead right into what a quick twitch guy like Murphy is trying to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's kind of strange that they haven't already been working on some of those moves with Murphy.  For example, the most elementary of pass rush moves, the slash 'n rip, and the swim require no precision shifting of bodyweight like the spin, and lead right into what a quick twitch guy like Murphy is trying to do.

What makes you think they're not? I'm quite sure the D line coaches are working with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What makes you think they're not? I'm quite sure the D line coaches are working with him.

I didn't say they weren't, but I've also not seen any video of Murphy executing basic fundamentals drills, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:33 AM)kalibengal Wrote: one thing you didnt list was "elite Power" does he have this?

Based purely on RAS, he has "good" strength (7.90 out of 10), but I think strength is the skill that is least accurately predicted by the off season workouts. There's only 1, the bench press, and that's a very limited test of functional strength. The agility, speed and acceleration drills are correlated with their game equivalent skills much more than bench press does to strength, historically.

On film, he is a good run stopping DE, which would seem like a better demonstration of his strength than the bench press, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:33 AM)kalibengal Wrote: one thing you didnt list was "elite Power" does he have this?

He can’t have it. If he did he would’ve dominated those preseason guys
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Sorry he is not average at finishing sacks.. he is in top 15 past 5 years in sacks and top 10 when you average it per game...  that is not avg.. in the end he might not be as skilled moving around but also why disrupt a good thing... someones you do that to a player, they don't perform as well if at their main position. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's kind of strange that they haven't already been working on some of those moves with Murphy.  For example, the most elementary of pass rush moves, the slash 'n rip, and the swim require no precision shifting of bodyweight like the spin, and lead right into what a quick twitch guy like Murphy is trying to do.

He has moves, he doesn't have a plan. Most guys in the NFL can hit the moves but there is an art to setting it up over multiple plays and then the counter moves. Rookie rushers rarely have a whole pass rush plan. Murphy is raw because he only has on move that he constantly can win with. He needs to develop counters and also figure out how to set guys up over time.

I do think as some have mentioned here, letting him rush from inside is interesting. The look we saw Garret give us of a wide 9 set and him standing over the center is starting to catch on across the league. A lot of teams are doing it and I think Murphy could find some success rushing over the center. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: This isn't a knock on him or another lack of pass rush thread.

I just think Trey is more comfortable on the right side, some Ends are like this, I think Sam is the same way but on the left side. 

An End like Ossai can play all over the line and is versatile. Also would like to see Murphy used more in different ways especially 
lined up over Center with his athleticism and strength. This should help MM's growth as well.

Trey is a great finisher, that isn't his problem as we have seen over the years, he is one of the best Ends in the league at 
finishing Sacks. Don't know what you are talking about here Housh. It is true that Trey isn't a freak like Parsons or Garrett 
though. They are different.

(09-25-2023, 12:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has moves, he doesn't have a plan. Most guys in the NFL can hit the moves but there is an art to setting it up over multiple plays and then the counter moves. Rookie rushers rarely have a whole pass rush plan. Murphy is raw because he only has on move that he constantly can win with. He needs to develop counters and also figure out how to set guys up over time.

I do think as some have mentioned here, letting him rush from inside is interesting. The look we saw Garret give us of a wide 9 set and him standing over the center is starting to catch on across the league. A lot of teams are doing it and I think Murphy could find some success rushing over the center. 

Yes sir. MM is young and learning, he needs to develop some plans on getting to the QB. Like you said, MM could find some 
success rushing over the Center with his attributes. As you say, this happens a lot with rookie DL moving to the pros. Even 
more so with a raw Myles Murphy.
Reply/Quote
I know it was against a backup LT but he was a force tonight. Absolute game wrecker.

Reply/Quote