Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hendrickson #1 disruptor last year according to NextGen Stats
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I remember when he got injured it seemed like our pass rush was non-existent.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 10:24 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I remember when he got injured it seemed like our pass rush was non-existent.

Yep. Hopefully he has some help on the way in the form of Joseph Ossai.

Reply/Quote
Dem some big names he came out on top of wow.
Reply/Quote
I was wrong about Him dude a legit #1 Rusher!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I love it because Ossai knows that he has to come out blazing in order to even see the field with Hendrickson and Hubbard both being beasts!

I love that we can have a solid rotation and you know that, with the character of this team, they'll all be cheering for one another and feeding off each other's energy!
Reply/Quote
Seeing him collapse from sheer exhaustion at the end of that Chiefs game was a thing of beauty. Something that will always stick with me.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson is 100% full go on every play. Gotta love the guy.... him and Hubbard match up pretty well with their styles.
Reply/Quote
My two favorite plays from him last year were the strip sack against the Raiders in the playoffs and then pretty much everything he did against the Chiefs in the AFC championship game. Guy is a warrior.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 10:24 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I remember when he got injured it seemed like our pass rush was non-existent.

While I don't disagree, they were also down Larry at that time, so Hubbard, Reader and Sample were playing 100% of the snaps.

All 3 guys are complimentary pass rushers, not pass rush first (like Hendrickson and Larry are).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Hopefully he has some help on the way in the form of Joseph Ossai.

Would be huge to have both of them at full health 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Hopefully he has some help on the way in the form of Joseph Ossai.

I'm hoping Ossai's preseason wasn't just a flash in the pan and he can come in and disrupt this season.

And Hendrickson is the real deal.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 02:32 AM)wcu Wrote: Seeing him collapse from sheer exhaustion at the end of that Chiefs game was a thing of beauty. Something that will always stick with me.

Me too ....he definitely left it all on the field and then some. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:51 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Would be huge to have both of them at full health 

If Ossai can give us a Lawson type rookie season (8.5 sacks & 20+ QB hits) I’ll be very happy with that.

Reply/Quote
Trey is "all in" on every single snap, got to love that.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Remember him clowning Villenueva, pointing at the jumbotron at the blatant holding he was doing? That’s the only way they could slow him down. Loved it! Dude gives his all EVERY PLAY, and that type of energy and “want to” is infectious for the entire defense! Best FA defender we ever signed, in my opinion!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Wow is that impressive by Trey. He got held a lot last year too without getting calls. He might not be the best run stopping 
End like Hubbard but damn he might be the best pass rusher in the NFL right now as these New Gen Stats infer. TJ Watt had
a great year getting Sacks but Sacks aren't everything, pressures, win rate, causing Turnovers are just as important if not more
so now a days.

Great homework, great article breaking all this down too. Well done by Nick Shook. Thanks for this Nicomo, it was a great
read for all of us Bengal's fans.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow is that impressive by Trey. He got held a lot last year too without getting calls. He might not be the best run stopping 
End like Hubbard but damn he might be the best pass rusher in the NFL right now as these New Gen Stats infer. TJ Watt had
a great year getting Sacks but Sacks aren't everything, pressures, win rate, causing Turnovers are just as important if not more
so now a days.

Great homework, great article breaking all this down too. Well done by Nick Shook. Thanks for this Nicomo, it was a great
read for all of us Bengal's fans.

Cool

Right just disrupting the timing and rhythm of the QB/offense is a very good thing. And there's not always stats to cover that.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 11:52 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Remember him clowning Villenueva, pointing at the jumbotron at the blatant holding he was doing? That’s the only way they could slow him down. Loved it! Dude gives his all EVERY PLAY, and that type of energy and “want to” is infectious for the entire defense! Best FA defender we ever signed, in my opinion!

Great post. I love being right about Trey. I wanted us to let Lawson go and sign Hendrickson when some were saying Trey's
last season in New Orleans was a fluke. Happy the FO, Lou and Hobby saw the same thing I did in Trey.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hendrickson is 100% full go on every play. Gotta love the guy.... him and Hubbard match up pretty well with their styles.

When I saw him gassing himself in both chief games to where he had nothing left, I was all in...
Reply/Quote