Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Herbert in 4th quarter
I don’t care if Burrow wins. I just want the Bengals to win :)
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 01:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes too bad Waynes isnt back, we need a good corner with some height on Williams..Aplle has the Ht but still not sold on him being able to consistently perform well.

Waynes really isn't a great CB when it comes to coverage.
His coverage skills are just solid.
It's his run defense that's really good.

With that said, Waynes wasn't great in his games he's played this season, and he's been out a while since those games, so I don't trust him any more than I would trust Apple, TBH.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  
4th quarter passing yards (1021)
4th quarter comebacks (5) 
4th quarter game winning drives (5) 
4th quarter total tds (9) tied with Patrick Mahommes

Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.

Cool didn't know this, as others I am sure have said, need to step on their throat early then like we did with the Steelers.

Herbert is my 2nd favorite young QB behind Burrow, doesn't surprise me. Extremely talented and he has fight as his 4th 
quarter numbers reveal. Need to have Awuzie on Keenan Allen most of the game.
Reply/Quote
Herbert is a stud.  The Bengals coaches got a good long look at him when they coached his team in the Senior Bowl, and by all accounts they liked what they saw.  The lead article in NFL.com today about Burrow includes this quote from Daniel Jeremiah about how Burrow and Herbert are both special in different ways.

Burrow's arm strength resurfaced as a talking point before last year's draft. Jeremiah, a former NFL scout, said that on a scale from 3 to 7, in which 5 is average, he thought Burrow had a 5-plus arm -- a little above average. For comparison's sake, Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert, who was drafted five spots after Burrow and went on to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, has a 7 arm. But Jeremiah thought Burrow's vision was so over-the-top outstanding that it would more than compensate for his arm.  "The anticipation -- I'd rather take somebody with A-plus anticipation and a 5-plus arm than the other way around," Jeremiah said.

Other QB's with above-average arms include Peyton, Montana, Brady.  Those guys did OK.

Burrow and Herbert are always going to be compared.  I'm glad we have our guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Herbert is a stud.  The Bengals coaches got a good long look at him when they coached his team in the Senior Bowl, and by all accounts they liked what they saw.  The lead article in NFL.com today about Burrow includes this quote from Daniel Jeremiah about how Burrow and Herbert are both special in different ways.

Burrow's arm strength resurfaced as a talking point before last year's draft. Jeremiah, a former NFL scout, said that on a scale from 3 to 7, in which 5 is average, he thought Burrow had a 5-plus arm -- a little above average. For comparison's sake, Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert, who was drafted five spots after Burrow and went on to win Offensive Rookie of the Year, has a 7 arm. But Jeremiah thought Burrow's vision was so over-the-top outstanding that it would more than compensate for his arm.  "The anticipation -- I'd rather take somebody with A-plus anticipation and a 5-plus arm than the other way around," Jeremiah said.

Other QB's with above-average arms include Peyton, Montana, Brady.  Those guys did OK.

Burrow and Herbert are always going to be compared.  I'm glad we have our guy.

Jordan Palmer worked with Burrow before the draft and he said it best.

Burrow does not have the strongest arm, but his arm is plenty strong enough to be a great QB.

Also everyone claimed that his arm strength increased over the offseason this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s good but very overrated currently.  

Got a ton of praise last year, which was mainly deserving, but he’s currently still riding off that hype. Not many people watch the chargers, so when people say he’s great, most people just accept it and take it at face value

So still standing by Herbert overrated after today ? where you at the game? I was and Herbert is also the real deal as Burrow after todays performance.. Both young guns that are going to complete for the next decade
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote