Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson so far
5 games, 4.5 sacks plus a ton of pressures and has played run well too. Over 17 games he is on a pace for 15 sacks. And it is not streaky production - he has been consistently bringing the heat every game.

Yes Small sample size so far but to this point it looks like we got a bargain. Trey so far is better than Lawson and even better than Dunlap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was cautiously optimistic when we got him. Definitely worried he may have been a one year wonder but he’s been a great addition so far. And isn’t already injured (knock on wood) like another DE many including myself wanted back.

I like the consistency best out of all though. Give me a player who will be good each game and not streaky with 5 sacks one game then none for 4 weeks…
Reply/Quote
I hope he doesn't get burnt out as the season progresses. He's literally the only edge rusher that's been getting any kind of production.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 04:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: 5 games, 4.5 sacks plus a ton of pressures and has played run well too. Over 17 games he is on a pace for 15 sacks. And it is not streaky production - he has been consistently bringing the heat every game.

Yes Small sample size so far but to this point it looks like we got a bargain. Trey so far is better than Lawson and even better than Dunlap.

I don't know if he'll keep pace for 15 sacks given the harder opponents in the second half of the season, but I do think he reaches double-digits.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Curious what people’s comps are for Trey… I keep thinking he’s a smaller slightly less productive Julius Peppers. Just something with the way he plays reminds me of that.

Who does he remind you guys of?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 06:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Curious what people’s comps are for Trey… I keep thinking he’s a smaller slightly less productive Julius Peppers. Just something with the way he plays reminds me of that.

Another former Saint: Will Smith
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Another former Saint: Will Smith

^^^^ This.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 05:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I hope he doesn't get burnt out as the season progresses. He's literally the only edge rusher that's been getting any kind of production.

yea, Hubbard sucks honestly at pass rush...not bad VS run...but we can use an upgrade there. He scares no one
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 06:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Curious what people’s comps are for Trey… I keep thinking he’s a smaller slightly less productive Julius Peppers. Just something with the way he plays reminds me of that.

Julius peppers is one of the greatest defensive ends to ever play

If trey Hendrickson is a slightly less productive Julius Peppers, than he is a hall of fame player.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 06:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Julius peppers is one of the greatest defensive ends to ever play

If trey Hendrickson is a slightly less productive Julius Peppers, than he is a hall of fame player.

Peppers had a more complete game. He would get picks and return them for 6. The way Hendrickson rushes reminds me of him, but certainly not the overall level of play. If Hendrickson can play how hes played these first few games for an extended period of time hes going to be pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 06:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yea, Hubbard sucks honestly at pass rush...not bad VS run...but we can use an upgrade there. He scares no one

I view Hubbard as a Rob Ninkovich type of player.  He's a solid player and he's not terrible at any particular thing.  He's got leadership qualities that give him a different kind of value to the team.  That said, he's not great at anything either.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 04:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: 5 games, 4.5 sacks plus a ton of pressures and has played run well too. Over 17 games he is on a pace for 15 sacks. And it is not streaky production - he has been consistently bringing the heat every game.

Lawson had a long history of injuries and as much as I loved his play when healthy the Trey signing is a much better investment and so far, fingers crossed is working out great.
Reply/Quote
The team is getting exactly what they paid for from Hendrickson, solid, steady production. No complaints from me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team is getting exactly what they paid for from Hendrickson, solid, steady production.  No complaints from me.

I knew little about him when they signed him other than that he was going to cost a lot.  The majority consensus seemed to be that his numbers were generated by coverage sacks.  That consensus was obviously a righteous trash take.

Duke takes some shit here for his botching of o-line building, but it must be admitted that he's knocked it out of the park on defense.  Spending on Awuzie, Reader, Ogunjobi and Hendrickson was pretty spot on.  Recognizing Chido as a fit might have been the best move of the offseason.  His only miss in the defensive FA shopping spree was Waynes, and that's all charged to injury at this point.  Who knows what he'd be if he could actually get on the field.  
Reply/Quote
Waynes was also the prior season.
Reply/Quote
Defiantly a good signing and he is signed for four years.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Great motor on Trey and would have loved seeing him and Ossai getting after QB's all season together.

Thinking Hendrickson ends up with 12-13 in regular season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Im really impressed by him I thought he was made by the Players around him in New Orleans rather than him being the star he clearly is. Dude is playing at a high level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson's cap hit for the Jets: $15,000.000

Uf da.  Just saying.  

Good move by the Bengals.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
We just have to keep in mind that sacks are not the only thing that defines a pass rusher. Hendrickson looked pretty bad against Green Bay outside of those two sacks (according to both my eyes and PFF). I think he's doing well so far in his Bengal career, but let's not christen him the next Antwan Odom just yet Tongue
Reply/Quote