Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trey Hendrickson
(10-05-2021, 10:09 PM)J24 Wrote: He's shocked me on how good he has been this year.

Me too... He had one year wonder/ FA bust written all over him. They guy is killing it again this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 12:41 PM)jason Wrote: Me too... He had one year wonder/ FA bust written all over him. They guy is killing it again this year.

I never saw that, I saw an All-Pro DE coming to Cincinnati, and you don't get that honor by being a bust.... I don't care who else is on the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has been an absolute stud. Last year in New Orleans was clearly not a fluke.

[Image: FA86seFXEAEgiNq?format=jpg&name=large]

I also saw Trey get held a lot especially in the opener where if they didn't make the call he was going to get the sack 
anyways. Yes, Hendrickson is a stud pass rusher but the one thing that has stood out to me is he has also been very 
good in stopping the run which was my main concern with him besides not playing with Cam Jordan.

Hubbard is good though and has been doing his job which is to help everybody else feast. Great run stopper.

Our improved DT play has also really helped everyone, we are deep at DT for once.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never saw that, I saw an All-Pro DE coming to Cincinnati, and you don't get that honor by being a bust.... I don't care who else is on the line.

I wasn't so much worried about who he was playing with... Just that he only had the huge numbers in his contract year. He wouldn't have been the first guy to get paid off a flukey year. I'm glad he's as advertised... Even better than I'd hoped for.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 01:38 PM)jason Wrote: I wasn't so much worried about who he was playing with... Just that he only had the huge numbers in his contract year. He wouldn't have been the first guy to get paid off a flukey year. I'm glad he's as advertised... Even better than I'd hoped for.

Yeah, but he got those huge numbers that year because his playing time increased. He was trending upwards....
Reply/Quote
Trey had a sack against the Jags that was wiped out by a penalty.

It was a big one, too.  Inside the 10 yard line I believe.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if he wasn't constantly being held and mugged by Offensive Tackles, he would have 6 or 7 already....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 07:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: At first look, that's kind of surprising how low Hubbard is. But, looking at it again, according to that rating, he's tied for 47th/48th. That would basically put him behind every team's #1 pass pusher and then 15th/16th among all other team's #2, which is barely into the top half of the league.

Yeah, that's a believable rating. I'd be interested in seeing that stat updated in a month or so. I'd like to see a side by side to see how fluid it is after the halfway-ish point.

Hubbard is 39th in pressures, so that puts him pretty close there(better obv, by a few spots) but he's #1 is tackles and stops, for EDs. It looks like he's, at least, living up to what his billing is and doing a damn good job.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trey had a sack against the Jags that was wiped out by a penalty.

Well, the down started inside the 10, IIRC, but that sack pushed it past Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never saw that, I saw an All-Pro DE coming to Cincinnati, and you don't get that honor by being a bust.... I don't care who else is on the line.

FWIW, Trey Hendrickson was neither an All-Pro nor Pro Bowler.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/21/saints-pro-bowl-snubs-trey-hendrickson-demario-davis-news/
https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cleveland is crazy. I knew we should have signed Tak last year

As soon as he went to Cleveland, I knew we were gonna be regretting this.  That defense is gonna carry them a long way.. I will not be surprised at all to see Cleveland represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  Their defense is just that good. Pair that with the RBs they have and you have a recipe for success. Baker is the only weak link.  If they had a top tier QB, you could pencil them in now...
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trey had a sack against the Jags that was wiped out by a penalty.

He had one called back against pig pen too in the Redzone.  Not only is he dominant,  but it seems when the defense has their back against the wall , He steps it up even more. Hendrickson is the real deal.. Lawson who??
Reply/Quote
I think Ossai injury hurt and hopefully he is back 100% next year, but I would not be surprised if Bengals Draft 2022 another DE higher up in the draft. The draft will be stacked next year at DE.

Also, I wonder if Hubbard could play that flex backer better or stand up more when Ossai is back. But I will say I believe Hubbard is better at lane discipline and maintaining his lane which contain edge runs.

Did they have Ossai and Hubbard on field same time during the Tampa game?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get the love with Hubbard, he's been an OK player his entire career.

The organization is obsessed with him it seems - all the marketing they do around him and how they extended him this off-season. I just don't think he lives up to all of that. He makes a play here and there, but I don't think he's super consistent. I haven't heard his name called a lot this year.   

Agreed...its more of the local kid, has the nice look and is just a great team mate affect more then his actual production.  I recall his predraft scouting analysis nailed it right on head...basically he wont wow you in any category but he just plays a solid all around game..but nothing that pops. We can do better at LDE and I think Ossai maybe the answer. 
Reply/Quote
To me, what makes Trey a great addition to this team is his motor. You can coach technique, and you can build your body up in the weight room with discipline, but you can’t instill the sheer “want to” into a player. This kid plays with his hair on fire and I love it! Plays within the system, does what is asked of him, and his numbers are competitive with most any DE in the league aside from Garret’s ridiculous numbers padded by that Chicago game. And I think his play resonates down the line. Every one of these guys looks like they want it. Even their rotational back ups.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, I think it was fair to wonder if he’d be quite as dominant here without an All Pro/6x Pro Bowler (Cam Jordan) on the other edge to draw a lot of double teams. He’s proving he’s the real deal though.

That's like doubting Dunlap because we had Geno. Or doubting Michael Johnson because we had Dunlap.

Not many guys who are opposite Pro Bowlers lead the league in sacks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's like doubting Dunlap because we had Geno. Or doubting Michael Johnson because we had Dunlap.

Not many guys who are opposite Pro Bowlers lead the league in sacks.

I didn’t say I “doubted” him. I said I thought it was fair to wonder if there’d be any drop off. I figured he’d be a good player for us (about what Lawson was), but he’s been even better than I had hoped for. You just never know though when guys change situations.

Btw what did Fred finally do to get the permanent ban hammer? I’m guessing something P&R related?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 04:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, Trey Hendrickson was neither an All-Pro nor Pro Bowler.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/21/saints-pro-bowl-snubs-trey-hendrickson-demario-davis-news/
https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster

I'm not having that debate again. The NFL considers any player selected to the first team by AP, PFWA or SN an "All Pro" and he is listed as such in their official records.  Some of you can  Cry about it not being AP, but it is what it is, and at the end of the day the NFL lists him as an All Pro. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not having that debate again. The NFL considers any player selected to the first team by AP, PFWA or SN an "All Pro" and he is listed as such in their official records.  Some of you can  Cry about it not being AP, but it is what it is, and at the end of the day the NFL lists him as an All Pro. 

Proof?
I don't recall hearing that.
If you had provided proof on that before, I apologize, as I do not remember.

EDIT - Nvm, I found what you were referring.
Trey Hendrickson was considered All-Pro by the Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA). He was not selected to All-Pro by the Associated Press or Sporting News.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_All-Pro_Team
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’m still amazed that people called Trey’s 13.5 sacks a fluke. That would be tied for the single season Bengals record. It doesn’t matter who you’re playing next to or how overrated some guy at PFF thinks sacks are. You don’t get 13+ sacks without being a damn good pass rusher.
Reply/Quote