Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried To Delete Post On NFL Saying Bengals Won AFC North. Didn't Know Coin Flip Added
 I tried to DELETE this entire thread.  It won't let me.

So I edit my first post instead. 

I saw the NFL said Bengals are AFC North Champs.   I was saying fine, in that case don't play Burrow until play-off home game in Cincy next week. 

However NFL is also saying if Baltimore wins Sunday, The NFL will do a Coin Flip to decide if Bengals play at home or Ravens get the home play-off game. 

Then on top of it League Owners still have to vote on these things today.  NFL has it so if Bills of Bengals would be the home team in AFC Championship, that game has to be played at a neutral site now.  Atlanta or some place. 

So, my post on benching Burrow and others was based on a normal NFL.   Now Burrow and everybody have to play to avoid this Coin Flip deal.  

I do not see why NFL says Bengals have won the AFC North if a Home Field play-off game now might ride on a Coin Flip if Baltimore wins.  

It has been a tragic week in the NFL, nothing has made much sense.  I'm glad the injured Bills player is doing better per Family & Players on TV.  

I wish I could have DELETED this entire thread, but site won't let me.  This Coin Flip if Bengals lose now means Burrow has to play.  The Coin Flip changes everything.  Unless The owners vote down the Coin Flip and other things today.  

1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I guess you don't want the Home playoff game?

Side note: is this official official? Or can it still be voted down today?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
No, we still have a lot on the line going against the Ravens. Something could happen like the Bills lose to the Patriots, or even KC with the Raiders. Plus we don't want our starters to no play for basically 2 weeks. The Bills game showed 1 drive for the defense and 2 for the offense. Now I don't think they'll get "rusty" but you don't want basically not play for 2 weeks straight and then go up against a playoff team. I think that the players are going to be fired up because of the (what I think is) disrespect from the league when they announced what's happening because of week 17. I want the Bengals to go out there and DESTROY the Ravens and show the league that they're the team to be feared. Honestly it is a load of bullcrap that if we play Buffalo in the divisional round it will be in Buffalo. If they're doing this neutral field stuff they should do it for Bengals vs Bills in the divisional round as well, not just for the Championship game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:38 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I guess you don't want the Home playoff game?

Side note: is this official official? Or can it still be voted down today?

The Bengals will have a Home game in The Jungle regardless of the Ravens game.  What they can not do is catch Chiefs or Bills now for top seed.  Therefore do not risk injury to Burrow in this game.  Save him for the play-off game in The Jungle next week. 

The Bengals did play several series against Buffalo, so being rusty for the play-offs should not be an issue. However getting Burrow or Chase or key players injured in this Ravens game would be a major issue and kill Bengals play-off win chances.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:50 AM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals will have a Home game in The Jungle regardless of the Ravens game.  What they can not do is catch Chiefs or Bills now for top seed.  Therefore do not risk injury to Burrow in this game.  Save him for the play-off game in The Jungle next week. 

Not correct. If we lose the Ravens game they can get home field against us in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Sorry OP, disagree here. We still have a lot to play for.

The division is somewhat in name only... if we were to matchup against the Ravens again in the wildcard, we don't necessarily have a home game at all.

The #2 seed is in play. Unfairly, it's now very important again. We need to try and leapfrog the Bills if we can.

EVEN if we didn't have the above to play for... resting Burrow/starters would be the wrong call. The guys cannot go into a playoff game off the back of two weeks of no play. I'd rather get them back into the swing of it and risk the (still low) chance of injury, than have them going into the playoffs, almost as if it were week 1 because we haven't played recently.

I dont think the NFL have come to a perfect solution here, but I do like the fact we have something to play for on Sunday. We don't have time to regather at this point in the season, if we want to win the Super Bowl, we have to come back out firing.

EDIT: I've just ran the playoff predictor based on a few different scenarios, and they generally have us playing Baltimore in the wildcard. The main one which didn't, is if we win and Buffalo lose on Sunday. We'd then get the #7. But if the Chargers win I think the Ravens are virtually locked in as the #6, and we'll be the #3 unless the Bills lose and we win. So we obviously need to win this game Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:50 AM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals will have a Home game in The Jungle regardless of the Ravens game.  What they can not do is catch Chiefs or Bills now for top seed.  Therefore do not risk injury to Burrow in this game.  Save him for the play-off game in The Jungle next week. 

The Bengals did play several series against Buffalo, so being rusty for the play-offs should not be an issue. However getting Burrow or Chase or key players injured in this Ravens game would be a major issue and kill Bengals play-off win chances.

You missed a lot last night lol
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not correct. If we lose the Ravens game they can get home field against us in the playoffs.

That can't be because The NFL has already said Bengals are AFC North Champs.  You see, Ravens have 2 more losses than Bengals, with only 1 game left.  So since The NFL says Bengals are AFC North Champs already, then Bengals get a home play-off game.  Probably against either Chargers or Ravens, and why Bengals should want Burrow and key players healthy for that play-off game IN CINCINNATI

Let us not say the Bengals will have not played for 2 weeks.  The Bengals did play in the 1st quarter and were moving the ball at will.   

With NFL announcing Bengals are AFC North Champs, there is Bengals Home game in Play-Offs.   Now, save Burrow for Chargers or Ravens next week in the Play-Offs.  As Bengal did against Browns at end of last year and it helped Bengals go to Super Bowl. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:11 AM)kevin Wrote: That can't be because The NFL has already said Bengals are AFC North Champs.  You see, Ravens have 2 more losses than Bengals, with only 1 game left.  So since The NFL says Bengals are AFC North Champs already, then Bengals get a home play-off game.  Probably against either Chargers or Ravens, and why Bengals should want Burrow and key players healthy for that play-off game IN CINCINNATI

Let us not say the Bengals will have not played for 2 weeks.  The Bengals did play in the 1st quarter and were moving the ball at will.   

With NFL announcing Bengals are AFC North Champs, there is Bengals Home game in Play-Offs.   Now, save Burrow for Chargers or Ravens next week in the Play-Offs.  As Bengal did against Browns at end of last year and it helped Bengals go to Super Bowl. 

Sorry Kevin, but if you read the NFL's proposal you'll see why people are (acceptably) very annoyed about what they're doing with the division...

The Bengals are AFCN champions, but with the caveat that if we lose to the Ravens on Sunday, and get matched against them in the playoffs, they flip a coin to see where it's played. 

If we lose on Sunday, and LAC win, we'll be having a coin flip to see if we play in Cincinnati or Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:11 AM)kevin Wrote: That can't be because The NFL has already said Bengals are AFC North Champs.  You see, Ravens have 2 more losses than Bengals, with only 1 game left.  So since The NFL says Bengals are AFC North Champs already, then Bengals get a home play-off game.  Probably against either Chargers or Ravens, and why Bengals should want Burrow and key players healthy for that play-off game IN CINCINNATI

You obviously missed the press release where the NFL says if the Bengals lose on Sunday, despite the fact they are AFCN champions the location of the Ravens-Bengals playoff game would be determined by a coin flip. Gotta be fair to the Ravens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Starters have to play. We are not leaving homefield advantage up to a frickin' coin toss - especially when it could very well be the only home game we get in the playoffs.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:16 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Sorry Kevin, but if you read the NFL's proposal you'll see why people are (acceptably) very annoyed about what they're doing with the division...

The Bengals are AFCN champions, but with the caveat that if we lose to the Ravens on Sunday, and get matched against them in the playoffs, they flip a coin to see where it's played. 

If we lose on Sunday, and LAC win, we'll be having a coin flip to see if we play in Cincinnati or Baltimore.

Well doesn't that Suk......So NFL says Bengals are AFC NORTH CHAMPS, but home field is not guaranteed in week one of play-offs.  Bengals are getting a raw deal from NFL.  ...So Burrow and starters have to play then.....I will delete this whole thread.....What The NFL is doing is poorly handled, even taking into account the injury to Bills player.  How can the NFL say the Bengals are AFC North Champs and then come up with this coin flip nonsense.   
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They need to play again before playoffs after monday
Reply/Quote
OK, I tried to Delete the first post to delete the whole thing, but this site won't let me do that. I hit Delete to left and right, but it won't delete.

I did not know the NFL came up with this First Time Ever coin flip ruling. That NFL say Bengals are AFC North Champs, but getting a home play-off game may come down to a coin flip. So of course Bengals starters have to play Sunday due to this coin flip deal.

I tried to delete this entire thread. It will not delete.

Yes, Burrow has to play now. Can't let this ride on a coin flip.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:16 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Sorry Kevin, but if you read the NFL's proposal you'll see why people are (acceptably) very annoyed about what they're doing with the division...

We as a team are the ones getting screwed. I don’t see any team getting impacted as much as us. Once again the Bengals get crapped on by the NFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dude we just played 1 quarter.

They need to play a full game beofre the playoffs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:48 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: We as a team are the ones getting screwed.  I don’t see any team getting impacted as much as us.  Once again the Bengals get crapped on by the NFL.

Very much so. I don't even now why NFL says Bengals are AFC North Champs if that does not include automatic home field game.  Yes, Bengals are getting crapped on by NFL. 

Again, I wish my delete was working to delete this entire thread.  I've tried several times, and delete of first post to delete this whole thing is not working.  To hear The NFL says Bengals won AFC North, any other year that means a home play-off game, so maybe save Burrow, but THIS YEAR The NFL is adding a Coin Flip.  Then why is the NFL even saying Bengals are AFC North Champs already, that makes no sense. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Think an Admin has to delete it... you could change the thread title though to (disregard)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:48 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: We as a team are the ones getting screwed.  I don’t see any team getting impacted as much as us.  Once again the Bengals get crapped on by the NFL.

I think we are moreso than anybody else, but I also think mostly everyone is getting crapped on in some fashion here. 

Not to be forgotten the following:

1) KC/BUF are quite possibly giving up home field advantage for the AFCCG here. 
2) BUF is giving up their control of the #1 seed.
3) BAL is giving up a shot at the division, and replacing it with being left to chance. They've basically swapped the chance we lost to Buffalo, with a coin flip. 

We're giving up control of the #2 seed and a shot at the #1 seed.

We can argue about what of the above is fair and not, that's a separate discussion, but it's not like we're the only team giving up something. 

For me the big thing being given up here is that potential home game against Buffalo in the playoffs. Not like we had that on lock, but neither did they. I don't think that element to this has been correctly resolved.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:07 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think we are moreso than anybody else, but I also think mostly everyone is getting crapped on in some fashion here. 

Not to be forgotten the following:

1) KC/BUF are quite possibly giving up home field advantage for the AFCCG here. 
2) BUF is giving up their control of the #1 seed.
3) BAL is giving up a shot at the division, and replacing it with being left to chance. They've basically swapped the chance we lost to Buffalo, with a coin flip. 

We're giving up control of the #2 seed and a shot at the #1 seed.

We can argue about what of the above is fair and not, that's a separate discussion, but it's not like we're the only team giving up something. 

For me the big thing being given up here is that potential home game against Buffalo in the playoffs. Not like we had that on lock, but neither did they. I don't think that element to this has been correctly resolved.

Problem is Bengals have the worst case scenario in this whole thing with the possibility of earning a 1st place division schedule without the perks of the a playoff home game. No other team has a scenario like this...

Did the NFL balance that worst case with a long shot scenario at the number 1 seed like we had before? No

Does the league throw in a kicker for the Bengals such as a neutral location for a Bills vs Bengals divisional round? No.

....so to Summarize. Bengals get the worst part of the deal without a reward and no kicker to make it even. That's not a contract I would sign because there is no upside for the risk.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote