Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubling day to be a Bengals fan...
(01-16-2016, 11:54 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Wait...Santa's not real??? He's as real as the NFL trying to protect players from head injuries (at least Bengal players) and the NFL refs calling a fair and impartial game.

I hear you with that!  I suppose Santa was one of the referees gift packaging the game for the Steelers too & proving beyond a reasonable doubt life's not fair.  We got the coal in our stocking.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I love the NFL and have for a long time. But, they continue to do the same things over and over again. I am not surprised they once again screwed the Bengals over. I am not surprised as a result the refs caused a near riot at PBS. The sad part is it is not over as that same frustrated now spills over into pure hatred. I predict very bad things next year when these 2 teams meet, in fact I would not be surprised to see this spill over in the offseason between these two teams or fans of these two teams. In the future when someone is hurt seriously, the blood will be 100% of the NFL due to the fact that had an opportunity to end it by blowing up the Steelers by fines and suspensions, but chose to come down harder on the team that was screwed. I can't be more disappointed in the NFL and their actions (lack of) once all was reviewed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 09:46 AM)jeremydc Wrote: We shot ourselves in the foot more often than not. No one else to blame. Get over it .

What fun would a message board be then. 

And yes the Bengals beat the steelers and the refs with a back up QB only to blow it at the end. 

But should not have to be put behind the 8 ball every time we play steelers by NFL and media. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So, apparently, nothing is going to happen to the referee crew either, right??

At the very least, they should be fined. After all, didn't the NFL come out and say some of the things called were wrong??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:31 PM)JSR18 Wrote: So, apparently, nothing is going to happen to the referee crew either, right??

At the very least, they should be fined. After all, didn't the NFL come out and say some of the things called were wrong??

Believe they should receive the biggest fine. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 01:31 PM)JSR18 Wrote: So, apparently, nothing is going to happen to the referee crew either, right??

If it goes the pattern of everything else surrounding this game, they will be given raises and/or promotions.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:07 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: When life sends you lemons, make lemonade.

In other words, make the best of it by watching DEN totally destroy and emasculate the Stealers this weekend.  ThumbsUp

Oh... and, yeah... the NFL sucks!!!

I will LOSE IT if Denver fails to beat Crapsburgh. LOSE IT
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately good teams have to overcome officiating. The zebras called 150 yds of penalties on them. Don't fumble and make boneheaded penalties in the final minutes and the bengals are playing today.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:18 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: Unfortunately good teams have to overcome officiating.  The zebras called 150 yds of penalties on them. Don't fumble and make boneheaded penalties in the final minutes and the bengals are playing today.

Don't really get how anyone who watched the game could say this. Yeah I get the whole cliche' thing everyone always says about how good teams find ways to win but there's winning thru adversity and then there's winning in spite of cheating. 

I refuse to pull that shot ourselves in the foot card after how the refs BLATANTLY CHEATED. 

And have admittedly come out and said there were mistakes all in the Steeles favor 
Reply/Quote
They could have flagged the guys for running through the tunnel or celebrating aj's td but they didn't. In the end the steelers figured out a way to win and the bengals folded. We've seen this ending one too many times in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:14 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: They could have flagged the guys for running through the tunnel or celebrating aj's td but they didn't. In the end the steelers figured out a way to win and the bengals folded. We've seen this ending one too many times in the playoffs.

I wanted the Bengals to win, but part of me would have bitterly enjoyed seeing Burfict pull a Jim Marshall and run backwards out of the stadium with the football, board a bus to Upper-Uppington, and spike the ball there.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:10 PM)Whacked Wrote: I will LOSE IT if Denver fails to beat Crapsburgh. LOSE IT

Not sure if Pittsburgh has enough healthy players to field a team at this point  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I guess the coaching changes aren't all that troubling to me. The Coyle and Haslett hires were good ones IMO. I'm not as high on Zampese, but I get the logic of the move. Hopefully he doesn't change much form what they had going last year. Given the other options it's not a terrible move.

The only thing that worries me at all is the prospect of a Marvin Lewis lame duck season. He's already a guy perceived as being a player's coach. How's he going to clamp down on players that get out of line if the players know he's gone at the end of the year. It's entirely possible that the rumors are false, but I still don't care for the situation. Mikey should at least give him another one-year extension to prevent the perception form taking hold. He's got to be willing to eat the last year's salary. Given what Marvin's done for this team, I thin he's earned a years pay for doing nothing.

This would be best for the team IMO.
Reply/Quote
Brufict and Pacman fell for that shit, the NFL didn't fix their responses. They blew it. It's on them.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 04:01 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Not sure if Pittsburgh has enough healthy players to field a team at this point  Ninja

whats left of those shitbags I hope is finished off by Denver!!!

Reply/Quote
Sucks to say to have to think this way, but that game felt fixed from the get go.
Reply/Quote
Yeah another botched job by the NFL, I can't fathom how they nor fans of other franchises can justify it.

My bigger concern is our series with Pittsburgh next season. I can guarantee you that if we had robbed them blind that they would come out against us with a real fire under them determined to batter the crap out of us.

If we are anything other than a team completely possessed with the idea of humiliating them in every game we play against them for the next few seasons at least, then im not sure what to say. We have accumulated all the locker room bulletin material a team could ever garner, finally use it.
Reply/Quote
I, too, am sitting here seething watching the KC/NE game knowing it should be the Bengals. It reminds me of the feelings I had, although to a lesser degree, in I think 2007 when Shane Graham missed a thirty something yard field goal that would have beat the Steelers who went on to win the game in OT. It was the last game of the season and as it turned out if the Bengals had won the game they would have gone to the playoffs with a 9-7 record. But since they lost they ended with an 8-8 record and no playoff.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:54 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I, too, am sitting here seething watching the KC/NE game knowing it should be the Bengals. It reminds me of the feelings I had, although to a lesser degree, in I think 2007 when Shane Graham missed a thirty something yard field goal that would have beat the Steelers who went on to win the game in OT. It was the last game of the season and as it turned out if the Bengals had won the game they would have gone to the playoffs with a 9-7 record. But since they lost they ended with an 8-8 record and no playoff.

Do not worry, they would have lost in the 1st round that year too... Cry
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 11:46 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Are you Bi-polar? I am not joking. Like for real you might wanna get checked out.

In the heat of the moment, I'll say crazy shit. When it's over, I process the lost and continue with my life..

Dang, maybe you are right?

Reply/Quote