Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubling day to be a Bengals fan...
(01-16-2016, 08:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Do not worry, they would have lost in the 1st round that year too... Cry

Yea, but we would've had another one & done to add to our record.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
If there was any right left in the world the Steeler's should have to rematch the Bengals before they advance any further in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Anyone want to hear a joke to lighten the mood?

The only time Andy Reid doesn't like seconds is in the 4th quarter... tish!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:07 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Oh... and, yeah... the NFL sucks!!!

Yep!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 03:07 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: When life sends you lemons, make lemonade.

In other words, make the best of it by watching DEN totally destroy and emasculate the Stealers this weekend.  ThumbsUp

Oh... and, yeah... the NFL sucks!!!

Doubt they could be any more emasculated than they already are....
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:11 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Doubt they could be any more emasculated than they already are....
GO STRIPES!!!

Here's to Stealers getting beat so bad it sets an NFL record... 
To maybe 5 of them failing a drug test...
To a couple of them hurting themselves in pregame warmups
To Big Ben getting a 24 hour diarrhea stomach bug starting about right now
And to their offensive line all discovering they have herpes.  

Oh, and to their wives getting sex change operations.
Reply/Quote
This is really a case where Gooddell, not Blandino should have stepped in front of a microphone and taken ownership for the bad calls and flat out stated that those calls directly altered the outcome of a playoff game. Then after the usual statement that there unfortunately is no way to undo the results announce the suspension of the entire officiating crew and an investigation into the calls and the inconsistency of the officiating across the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 11:48 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: No they didn't. Because they said the Gio hit was legal, that should have been returned for a TD. I'm not saying it was legal or it should have, or whatever, but I disagree that the NFL admits the wrong team won. Steelers still have the same score, just one TD is called back and another is given.

That play was blown dead so it never could have been a td.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:54 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So what do we know after today?

The only touchdown Pittsburgh scored in that game, today the NFL says it shouldn't have been ruled a touchdown.  We also learn Joey Porter was fined $10,000 - which obviously means there should have been a flag on the play that would've offset penalties on the Burfict hit.  Frustration over that not being called led to another 15 yard penalty on Jones that wouldn't have happened if referees called the penalty the league admits with the fine they should've called.  To make that $10,000 fine on Joey Porter that much more difficult to swallow... Adam Jones is fined $28,000?  So much for coaches setting the example, I guess.

From all of this, I gather the NFL basically admits the wrong team has advanced in the playoffs due to referee negligence all over the place, and the only repercussions from this are that Burfict is suspended for 4 games, and is seen all around the country as the dirtiest player in football, and Adam Jones is fined more than twice the amount of the coach who set him off.  

Well all of this is just great.  As a Bengals fan, how am I supposed to process all of this.  Instead of possibly going to the Super Bowl (maybe Andy would've been playing this week - who knows???) we get to watch the illegitimate Steelers instead.  Well, thank you very much, NFL.  That's marvelous!
It's very troubling because we have a roster that can compete. We lost our coaches because Hue wasn't hired to be our coach so they bailed. I truly believe that they wanted change at the top. Didn't see it and they bailed for lateral moves some of them. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not doing very well w/ all of this.
I thought by now I might have settled down a bit.

You remember in The Hunger Games last movie how Peeta reacts when he sees Katniss - just goes off the charts cray and wants to choke her to death? That's what I'm afraid my reaction is to anyone I might see in a Steelers Jersey right now. It's not healthy at all. Each day my attitude has been growing worse and worse.

I'm taking a break for awhile. I don't even know what that means exactly. Posting here has become a bit of a routine for me lately, but I think I need some more positive outlets to settle me down, if it's possible (and if it is, I really need to try). I promise I'll be back. I don't know if it's a couple weeks, a month, a couple months... I just know I have to try and think about some other things so I can pay attention more when it counts. I just read a post about fans peeing on Steelers fans, and started to think how courageous that was and if I could build up to doing that. That's not me at all. I think it's terrible behavior, and I should feel embarrassed about it. But when my first reaction to reading about it is admiration because it was done to fans who root for The Steelers... I know I need a break. I will really miss you all for however long it takes me to get my head on straight. Peace!
Reply/Quote