Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You go Mike Braun
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/senators-announce-legislation-to-end-congressional-pensions-210006987.html

Quote:Two freshman Republican senators are trying to end taxpayer-funded pensions for members of Congress.

Senators Mike Braun of Indiana and Rick Scott of Florida announced the End Pensions In Congress Act on Tuesday........

Braun has also introduced a bill that would prevent members of Congress from being paid if they fail to pass a budget on time.

I truly applaud his efforts, but these folks aren't going to kill their golden goose. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It doesn't make up for NAFTA II, screwing the majority of folks with middle class tax returns and failing to address the majority of their bases issues... But this is finally a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will continue with the GOP.
(02-14-2019, 01:29 AM)Benton Wrote: It doesn't make up for NAFTA II, screwing the majority of folks with middle class tax returns and failing to address the majority of their bases issues... But this is finally a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will continue with the GOP.

Of course looking for the cloud in front of the silver lining is mandatory. 

(02-14-2019, 01:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course wading through the dense asphyxiating fog in front of the silver lining is mandatory. 

FTFY
Seems like a good first move.

I said in another thread that we have to stop them from voting for their own payriases too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2019, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Seems like a good first move.

I said in another thread that we have to stop them from voting for their own payriases too.

Good first move indeed. 

Technically Congress cannot vote for their pay raises thanks to the 27th amendment. They vote for the next Congress's pay raise. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-14-2019, 12:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good first move indeed. 

Technically Congress cannot vote for their pay raises thanks to the 27th amendment. They vote for the next Congress's pay raise. 

With a reelection rate usually above 90% its the same thing.  Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2019, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: With a reelection rate usually above 90% its the same thing.  Smirk

It may, but we've seen enough big name incumbents taken down in the last decade to know the will of the people can change that. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Seems stupid to me.
Just idiots looking for something to ***** about. 24 years old and he was never in the real world up to that point so yes he was still an infant in that manner. This didn't happen weeks or months ago and has no bearing on him now, unless he acts racist. But funny to see how some people get all worked up over this stuff.
(02-14-2019, 08:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Seems stupid to me.
Just idiots looking for something to ***** about. 24 years old and he was never in the real world up to that point so yes he was still an infant in that manner. This didn't happen weeks or months ago and has no bearing on him now, unless he acts racist. But funny to see how some people get all worked up over this stuff.

https://goo.gl/images/2SLhTh

Braun looks way older than 24. 

Mike M announces his presence with authority

In the wrong thread.