Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump’s First Annual Budget Deficit Rises to a Six-Year High
(10-16-2018, 11:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Tell the guy to quit looking at his 401K every other week.  People who do that end up trying to fix it, and get slaughtered.

(10-16-2018, 11:36 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Yep.  Dollar cost averaging.  There is no way to time the market.  I tell people who complain on a dip that they are actually buying more stock right now because of it.

(10-16-2018, 11:37 AM)Dill Wrote: Yes, it IS worth it. Go back and collar that guy.

Waste of my time.  I really like him but he's just not going to learn at this stage.

And the funny part is he's probably one of two guys who works here that has his financial affairs in great shape.  He pays everything off, has multiple sources of income, good savings, etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-16-2018, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Waste of my time.  I really like him but he's just not going to learn at this stage.

And the funny part is he's probably one of two guys who works here that has his financial affairs in great shape.  He pays everything off, has multiple sources of income, good savings, etc.

Yeah there's nothing that's going to stop him from looking all of the time.  It's probably made a lot of money over the last 3 or 4 years, but that doesn't matter because it's down the last couple of weeks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-15-2018, 05:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I'll bet a dollar that the solution proposed is more tax cuts.

They went with door number two, instead:

That is the largest increase in spending and what really drives the deficit more than anything else (besides tax cuts), but I feel like cutting spending on things citizens are entitled to by law (that is actually what "entitlements" means, in case anyone wasn't aware) is not the direction to go.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2018, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Waste of my time.  I really like him but he's just not going to learn at this stage.

Who even needs a 401k when you can just invest in Trump's next business venture and rake in the dough?  The dude never misses.
(10-16-2018, 02:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who even needs a 401k when you can just invest in Trump's next business venture and rake in the dough?  The dude never misses.

Like we'd let you in.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-16-2018, 03:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like we'd let you in.  

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the coal mining jobs Trump got me.
(10-16-2018, 12:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They went with door number two, instead:

That is the largest increase in spending and what really drives the deficit more than anything else (besides tax cuts), but I feel like cutting spending on things citizens are entitled to by law (that is actually what "entitlements" means, in case anyone wasn't aware) is not the direction to go.

I'm surprised this close to mid-terms.

A lot of voters realized they got fooled with the "Obamacare is evil, trust the GOP to take care of you when you're sick." I don't think it'll go over well to do more cuts while giving companies that aren't providing quality jobs more money.
(10-16-2018, 05:50 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm surprised this close to mid-terms.

A lot of voters realized they got fooled with the "Obamacare is evil, trust the GOP to take care of you when you're sick." I don't think it'll go over well to do more cuts while giving companies that aren't providing quality jobs more money.

Oh, they aren't planning to do anything about it until after the midterms. But even saying this will provide fodder. In a neighboring district, this was already part of the campaign ads with the Dem slamming the Rep with the GOP discussions of cutting entitlements.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2018, 03:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the coal mining jobs Trump got me.

Good news. Us mine owners just opened a store for you to shop in. Your paycheck will be paid as a store credit.

(10-16-2018, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Good news. Us mine owners just opened a store for you to shop in. Your paycheck will be paid as a store credit.

As long as St. Peter can't call me.
(10-16-2018, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Good news. Us mine owners just opened a store for you to shop in. Your paycheck will be paid as a store credit.

A bit of an aside, but my family was living in an old coal town when I was born. The mine had been closed, but there were still coke ovens (and piles of it) at the end of the street. All the houses were the same, those company homes, in what was called "the patch." The old store still stood nearby, though it was a storage shed at that point. My father never worked the mine, but that's mostly because his grandfather threatened to kick his ass if he took that job when he got back from Vietnam. Then he proceeded to drink my dad under the table and carry him home.