Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show
Here comes the:

"We knew that...we just chanted for fun."
"Of course not!  Everyone knew he couldn't!"

And

"Well *I* wasn't one to believe everything he said...I just voted for him because....uh..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-clinton-lock-her-up_us_584b5b53e4b04c8e2bb01274

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump on Friday acknowledged his threat to imprison Hillary Clinton for using a private email server during her time as secretary of state was simply an appeal to win voters. 

As Trump spoke at a rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as part of his post-election “Thank You Tour,” some supporters began chanting “lock her up” ― a common refrain during the Republican convention and Trump’s campaign events. 

“No, it’s okay,” Trump said as the crowd jeered a reference to Clinton. “Forget it. That plays great before the election. Now, we don’t care, right?” 

Quote:[/url] Follow
[Image: dC98htIb_normal.jpg]Brandon Wall 

@Walldo
People start booing Hillary Clinton someone yells "lock her up."

Trump: "That plays great before the election. Nah, we don't care"
8:27 PM - 9 Dec 2016
  •  629629 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=807396312010194945] 555555 likes

Trump threatened during the second presidential debate to prosecute Clinton. 
“I didn’t think I’d say this, but I’m going to say it, and I hate to say it, but if I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception, there has never been anything like it and we’re going to have a special prosecutor,” he said.

Trump backed away from that claim shortly after the election, telling The New York Times he doesn’t “want to hurt the Clintons.”

“She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways,” Trump said.

That sentiment doesn’t sit well with many Trump supporters. A HuffPost/YouGovsurvey found that 68 percent of Trump voters favor the president-elect appointing a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Useful idiots.
In a related story Hillary admitted she was just looking for votes and not speaking the truth when she said "When they go low, we go high".

But I'm sure we can all agree that it is magnanimous of Trump to leave the pettiness on the campaign trail.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-10-2016, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I'm sure we can all agree that it is magnanimous of Trump to leave the wishes of the people who voted for him.

Fixedit for you.
yea I loved it when Obama said he was going to:

"Let Me Say It As Simply As I Can: Transparency And The Rule Of Law Will Be The Touchstones Of This Presidency."
We're Going To Lead By Shutting Down Guantanamo And Restoring Habeas Corpus In This Country So That We Offer Them An Example."
"We Will End This War In Iraq. We Will Bring Our Troops Home. We Will Finish The Job - We Will Finish The Job Against Al Qaida In Afghanistan."
"As President, I Will Pursue A Tough, Smart And Principled National Security Strategy."
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
His Economic Policies Would "Grow Our Middle-Class" And "Strengthen Our Economy."
(12-12-2016, 08:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea I loved it when Obama said he was going to:

"Let Me Say It As Simply As I Can: Transparency And The Rule Of Law Will Be The Touchstones Of This Presidency."
We're Going To Lead By Shutting Down Guantanamo And Restoring Habeas Corpus In This Country So That We Offer Them An Example."
"We Will End This War In Iraq. We Will Bring Our Troops Home. We Will Finish The Job - We Will Finish The Job Against Al Qaida In Afghanistan."
"As President, I Will Pursue A Tough, Smart And Principled National Security Strategy."
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
His Economic Policies Would "Grow Our Middle-Class" And "Strengthen Our Economy."

The noteworthy thing is that Trump is letting people peek behind the proverbial curtain by admitting, even before he is sworn into office, that he was just making stuff up in order to get elected.  Hell, he even admitted that he was just saying things in order to get interest and attention months before the election and people didn't seem to mind.  I just couldn't imagine Obama saying "I really don't plan to end the war in Iraq, I'm just saying that because people want to hear it" and still winning in 2008. Actually, maybe I can since McCain/Palin was such a crap ticket. Ugh, I'm seeing a really not awesome trend here.

Ida know...this is just all so insane.  There was something to be said about Nixon pretending getting out of Vietnam was ONLY his idea, or the fact that Reagan raised taxes while blathering on about how lucky we all were to not have a tax-raising Democrat running things, and so on.  It's like Trump told the American populace he had AIDS and were were still like "Meh, whatever we're already naked, just do it bareback."
Career liar lies. This is news?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(12-13-2016, 12:43 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Career liar lies. This is news?

You're all wrong. He's not a politician, so he must be more ethical and truthful than those insiders.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-13-2016, 02:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're all wrong. He's not a politician, so he must be more ethical and truthful than those insiders.

Businessmen lie just as much as politicians.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I wanna see him shoot someone on fifth avenue like he said he could do. 

I also want to see him grab her by the p***y.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(12-12-2016, 08:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea I loved it when Obama said he was going to:

I'm hoping for the day when we hold candidates and parties accountable for themselves and not what came before them. Context in framing what a president does or doesn't do is acceptable, but justifying every action or inaction  with "yeah, well, the last guy..." isn't going to get us anywhere.

(12-13-2016, 04:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wanna see him shoot someone on fifth avenue like he said he could do. 

I also want to see him grab her by the p***y.

Or the POTUS Whammy (trademarking that) of grabbing her by the ***** and then shooting her.
If he did try to lock up Hillary, Dino would make a thread about how he is already on the path to being a ruthless dictator.

So either way, he "loses", and we would get a thread from Dino.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(12-13-2016, 05:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he did try to lock up Hillary, Dino would make a thread about how he is already on the path to being a ruthless dictator.

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-13-2016, 05:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he did try to lock up Hillary, Dino would make a thread about how he is already on the path to being a ruthless dictator.

Trump could at least make up some sort of lie about wanting to fulfill his campaign talking point/promise, but the corrupt career politicians are preventing him from doing so, or something to that extent.  Instead he's pretty much admitting that he just lied about his intentions in order to get votes and he's pointing this out BEFORE he's even sworn in.  As I pointed out, months before the election he went on national television and said that he wasn't going to do the things he claimed he was going to do and that he was only saying things to get attention and people still ate it up.

It is nothing short of amazing that we have a president elect who, before even being elected or assuming office, pointed out that he was intentionally making things up in order to get votes.  The guy has spent his entire life avoiding accountability for his actions and I'm downright interested to see what he is actually going to do for the next 4-8 years because at this point NOTHING would surprise me.

Intellectually, I realize Trump NOT doing all the insane and unconstitutional things he used to whip up a frenzy is a good thing, but I still feel like electing a guy who made a point to tell us he was lying to us WHILE he was lying to us may have set the stage for American politics to come. 

It's interesting as hell.
(12-13-2016, 07:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump could at least make up some sort of lie about wanting to fulfill his campaign talking point/promise, but the corrupt career politicians are preventing him from doing so, or something to that extent.  Instead he's pretty much admitting that he just lied about his intentions in order to get votes and he's pointing this out BEFORE he's even sworn in.  As I pointed out, months before the election he went on national television and said that he wasn't going to do the things he claimed he was going to do and that he was only saying things to get attention and people still ate it up.

It is nothing short of amazing that we have a president elect who, before even being elected or assuming office, pointed out that he was intentionally making things up in order to get votes.  The guy has spent his entire life avoiding accountability for his actions and I'm downright interested to see what he is actually going to do for the next 4-8 years because at this point NOTHING would surprise me.

Intellectually, I realize Trump NOT doing all the insane and unconstitutional things he used to whip up a frenzy is a good thing, but I still feel like electing a guy who made a point to tell us he was lying to us WHILE he was lying to us may have set the stage for American politics to come

It's interesting as hell.

I don't even like Trump, but I was ready to accept whomever won because that's how it works. (Sure thought it was going to be Hillary, not that it would have made me happy either.) That said, aren't you being kind of ridiculous here?

You're upset about him admitting he lied, because you'd prefer for him to lie some more??? Lol

If you don't already think the stage of American politics is lying to get elected, then you've never paid attention to all the promises that are given. Or at least you don't recall them later. People have been lying to get elected for an eternity, because if you don't lie, you don't get elected because everyone else will lie about what they will do. How's it going with Guantanamo Bay closed and our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan while being super transparent? Lolol

Not saying it's a good thing, but it's kind of goofy to pretend like this is a new thing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(12-12-2016, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The noteworthy thing is that Trump is letting people peek behind the proverbial curtain by admitting, even before he is sworn into office, that he was just making stuff up in order to get elected.  Hell, he even admitted that he was just saying things in order to get interest and attention months before the election and people didn't seem to mind.  I just couldn't imagine Obama saying "I really don't plan to end the war in Iraq, I'm just saying that because people want to hear it" and still winning in 2008.  Actually, maybe I can since McCain/Palin was such a crap ticket.  Ugh, I'm seeing a really not awesome trend here.

Ida know...this is just all so insane.  There was something to be said about Nixon pretending getting out of Vietnam was ONLY his idea, or the fact that Reagan raised taxes while blathering on about how lucky we all were to not have a tax-raising Democrat running things, and so on.  It's like Trump told the American populace he had AIDS and were were still like "Meh, whatever we're already naked, just do it bareback."

Reagan raised taxes is a misrepresentation of what he actually did. Taxes after Reagan were smaller than taxes before Reagan. Yes the were raised several times during his tenure, but that was due to trying to find a balance.
(12-14-2016, 03:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Reagan raised taxes is a misrepresentation of what he actually did. Taxes after Reagan were smaller than taxes before Reagan. Yes the were raised several times during his tenure, but that was due to trying to find a balance.

i liked all the illegals reagan granted amnesty to
People suck
(12-14-2016, 03:40 PM)Griever Wrote: i liked all the illegals reagan granted amnesty to

Trump is actually in favor of granting amnesty for illegals, but only the good ones, the bad ones still got to go. He changed his stance for the votes, but I bet he attempts to find a way. Just like I think he's going to try to muscle in a Single Payer Tax Healthcare system similar to Scotland's. He started off in favor of it, then backed off of it while under fire from Republicans. It wouldn't surprise me if he holds the SCOTUS nominee position hostage to get his way.

Trump is a very sarcastic person, so stop taking him so literally word for word.
(12-14-2016, 05:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump is actually in favor of granting amnesty for illegals, but only the good ones, the bad ones still got to go. He changed his stance for the votes, but I bet he attempts to find a way. Just like I think he's going to try to muscle in a Single Payer Tax Healthcare system similar to Scotland's. He started off in favor of it, then backed off of it while under fire from Republicans. It wouldn't surprise me if he holds the SCOTUS nominee position hostage to get his way.

Trump is a very sarcastic person, so stop taking him so literally word for word.

but i thought people voted for him because he spoke his mind and meant whatever he said

was that not the case????? Mellow

or are you just using the sarcasm excuse to make you feel better for being hoodwinked
People suck
(12-14-2016, 12:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't even like Trump, but I was ready to accept whomever won because that's how it works. (Sure thought it was going to be Hillary, not that it would have made me happy either.) That said, aren't you being kind of ridiculous here?

You're upset about him admitting he lied, because you'd prefer for him to lie some more??? Lol

If you don't already think the stage of American politics is lying to get elected, then you've never paid attention to all the promises that are given. Or at least you don't recall them later. People have been lying to get elected for an eternity, because if you don't lie, you don't get elected because everyone else will lie about what they will do. How's it going with Guantanamo Bay closed and our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan while being super transparent? Lolol

Not saying it's a good thing, but it's kind of goofy to pretend like this is a new thing.

I'm not saying that Trump lying blows my mind, I'm saying the fact that he lies and then tells people he is lying while he is lying is the amazing part.  American politics is clearly about lying to get ahead, but Trump lies and tells people he is lying and they still vote for him.  I'm not here to debate right or wrong, but you have to see how interesting that is.  Unless I missed it, I don't recall Obama telling us during his campaign that he wasn't going to get the troops out of Iraq and was only saying it in order to get votes.  Again, not defending Obama, but the bottom line is that Trump lies in a way that is pretty novel.

Politicians lie, but normally you are told they are lying by people who aren't them.  This is like hearing through the grapevine that your wife is sleeping around versus her telling you "I'm sleeping around" to your face.

(12-14-2016, 05:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump is a very sarcastic person, so stop taking him so literally word for word.

Anyone who has payed attention to Trump for the past 30 years knows he says whatever is needed to serve his purpose, but I'm not sure I'd call that sarcasm.  Then again, maybe Obama was being sarcastic about how awesome Obamacare would be.  Damn, sailed right over my head!  That funny bastard!

Gary Johnson was probably joking about not knowing anything about foreign affairs, maybe we should have elected him.