Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump Announces Abortion now a state issue. He will not attempt a National ban
Unless, of course, your state makes it crime to leave the state for the procedure.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1777799954339188880

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-11-083004.png]

I wonder if he would "just take a bus" to get an medical procedure done?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
The day after the AZ Supreme Court ruling, the GOP dominated state legislature in Arizona blocked the bill intended to void the 1864 law

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: The day after the AZ Supreme Court ruling, the GOP dominated state legislature in Arizona blocked the bill intended to void the 1864 law

And Democrat AG said she would not enforce the law.

https://www.ktvq.com/how-will-arizona-s-near-total-ban-on-abortion-be-enforced#:~:text=Democratic%20Arizona%20Attorney%20General%20Kris,for%20anyone%20providing%20an%20abortion.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: And Democrat AG said she would not enforce the law.

https://www.ktvq.com/how-will-arizona-s-near-total-ban-on-abortion-be-enforced#:~:text=Democratic%20Arizona%20Attorney%20General%20Kris,for%20anyone%20providing%20an%20abortion.

She won her seat by 280 votes and it's nuts to expect doctors to continue business as usual under the promise that the AG won't go after them.  I'm no law-talking guy, but doesn't this mean they can still be arrested and paraded out there as law breakers?  Seems like a risk they shouldn't be taking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: She won her seat by 280 votes and it's nuts to expect doctors to continue business as usual under the promise that the AG won't go after them.  I'm no law-talking guy, but doesn't this mean they can still be arrested and paraded out there as law breakers?  Seems like a risk they shouldn't be taking.

I don't know if it's in that link or not but I read last night that doctors are stopping providing those procedures or anything related to them out of fear of the government coming after them.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: She won her seat by 280 votes and it's nuts to expect doctors to continue business as usual under the promise that the AG won't go after them.  I'm no law-talking guy, but doesn't this mean they can still be arrested and paraded out there as law breakers?  Seems like a risk they shouldn't be taking.

they can't just because she won't arrest them at the state level doesn't mean some crazy local guy won't do it at the town or county level.  Or that the next person in the job won't go backwards to charge

Reply/Quote
See?  He's perfectly reasonable while he's lying through his teeth.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-12-1418282.png]

The sad part is how many people believe him.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: The day after the AZ Supreme Court ruling, the GOP dominated state legislature in Arizona blocked the bill intended to void the 1864 law

Arizona state legislature Republicans for the 2nd time have blocked the repeal of the 1864 abortion law.  They really do want the state to turn blue.

Reply/Quote
Mike Johnson, good Christian, lies about national abortion ban he cosponsors.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-21-105601.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mike Johnson, good Christian, lies about national abortion ban he cosponsors.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-21-105601.png]

Time to waste another 50 years on abortions being legal/illegal. 
Reply/Quote
Trump saying be won't push for a national abortion ban makes me believe he will ABSOLUTELY push for a national abortion ban.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 05:58 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Trump saying be won't push for a national abortion ban makes me believe he will ABSOLUTELY push for a national abortion ban.

I don't know if he'll push for one, but if he gets a favorable Congress that puts one on his desk, he will 100% sign it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 08:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know if he'll push for one, but if he gets a favorable Congress that puts one on his desk, he will 100% sign it.

Maybe.  It's not going to happen in 2024 and it's not likely to happen during the subsequent midterms, so it's a rather academic question anyways.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 12:17 PM)pally Wrote: they can't just because she won't arrest them at the state level doesn't mean some crazy local guy won't do it at the town or county level.  Or that the next person in the job won't go backwards to charge

I thought you have been preaching no one is above the law. Yet now you are saying some crazy local guy may enforce the law.

Which is it? Are you for law and order against everyone or just former POTUS Donal J. Trump?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There sure are a lot of mind readers in the Democratic parties. The propoganda they spread is wide and far. Yet, he was POTUS and did a great job.

1. We can't trust Trump with the nuclear codes.
2. Trump will put his political foes in jail, yet it is Democrats attempting to put Trump in jail after they already put some of his employees and supporters in jail.
3. Trump will end Democracy as Democrats attempt to end Democracy by putting a political foe in jail with no secret service protection for violating a gag order issued by a Biden supporter.
4. Trump will take away your health insurance. Did he in those 4 years?
5. Trump is a Russian spy.
6. Trump colluded with Russia.

I could go on and on as liberals love to use fake news media to spread their propaganda.

But hey, liberals like you are like puppets spewing the propaganda from the mouths of the deep state.

The irony. It's crushing me.

90+ felony charges. His own voter base turning against him. Independents running from him. You're still on the blow horn trying to convince someone - ANYONE - that Trump was anything but a national disaster.

Also, wasn't there some big hullabaloo about people throwing labels at other posters? I'm pretty sure calling someone a puppet counts against that. 
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought you have been preaching no one is above the law. Yet now you are saying some crazy local guy may enforce the law.

Which is it? Are you for law and order against everyone or just former POTUS Donal J. Trump?

Wasn't Trump's fines for his businesses fraud a result of enforcing the law too?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote