Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-17-2024, 01:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Listen pal, I’ll be 42 in 3 months and I identify as Gen X. You can too!

My generational identification is KISS MY ASS.

Just kidding, it's more like "Who cares?" Or "holy crap, acting like everyone on the planet born in the same 20 year timeframe is the same is the laziest thing ever."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My generational identification is KISS MY ASS.

Just kidding, it's more like "Who cares?" Or "holy crap, acting like everyone on the planet born in the same 20 year timeframe is the same is the laziest thing ever."

Such a millennial take.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Such a millennial take.

I know. Thankfully we have people who are 80 and therefore not born to be crap running this country. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My generational identification is KISS MY ASS.

My generation grew up idolizing "Born to raise Hell" tattoos, your generation created "safe spaces", we are not the same..  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a side note regarding people's warped view of time and "good ol' days" the best stupid take on the Steelers getting rid of Pickett I saw on their message board came from a guy saying Pickett was soft because he got his feelings hurt because he was a millennial.  I'm 42 and I'm a millennial, so I find it funny that by that guy's metric every QB in the NFL now is soft and wimpy and apparently the Steelers need a QB who is over the age of 43.

(03-17-2024, 01:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Listen pal, I’ll be 42 in 3 months and I identify as Gen X. You can too!

43 here, and guys, we’re Xennials. A microgeneration that has the cynicism of Gen X, but a better grasp of technology like millennials. So, best of both worlds?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My generation grew up idolizing "Born to raise Hell" tattoos, your generation created "safe spaces", we are not the same..  Cool

Do you need a safe space from safe spaces, Mr. Badarse?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My generation grew up idolizing "Born to raise Hell" tattoos, your generation created "safe spaces", we are not the same..  Cool

Well, the Safe Spaces concept was created by Gen X in 1989. So definitely not a Millennial thing. We were too young for all that.

In a non-capitalized way, though, isn't the whole concept of the US about being a safe space? Freedom of religion and speech and all that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you need a safe space from safe spaces, Mr. Badarse?

Oddly enough, the Millennial generation age folks that I met and knew when I lived in Carolina, particularly the ones from the Raleigh and Charlotte areas typically embodied much of the stereotypical criticism that you hear from the "boomers" about that generation, after moving back to small town Ohio, some of my closest associates are Millennials and our thoughts and opinions tend to agree on most things.  I think that leads to the idea some of the perceived differences could just be an urban/rural and/or regional thing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, the Millennial generation age folks that I met and knew when I lived in Carolina, particularly the ones from the Raleigh and Charlotte areas typically embodied much of the stereotypical criticism that you hear from the "boomers" about that generation, after moving back to small town Ohio, some of my closest associates are Millennials and our thoughts and opinions tend to agree on most things.  I think that leads to the idea some of the perceived differences could just be an urban/rural and/or regional thing.

I mean, you were in North Carolina. It doesn't matter the generation, those people just suck.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, the Safe Spaces concept was created by Gen X in 1989. So definitely not a Millennial thing. We were too young for all that.

In a non-capitalized way, though, isn't the whole concept of the US about being a safe space? Freedom of religion and speech and all that.

I guess that shouldn't surprise me much, as my generation is also responsible for 'helicopter moms' and 'dozer dads', of which I found both concepts to be rather ridiculous.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, you were in North Carolina. It doesn't matter the generation, those people just suck.

How dare you blaspheme the legacies of Dean Smith, Roy Williams and Coach K like that...  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How dare you blaspheme the legacies of Dean Smith, Roy Williams and Coach K like that...  Ninja

I don't know who those people are, all I know is that every single person with a NC license plate I encounter can't drive for shit. LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 02:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, the Millennial generation age folks that I met and knew when I lived in Carolina, particularly the ones from the Raleigh and Charlotte areas typically embodied much of the stereotypical criticism that you hear from the "boomers" about that generation, after moving back to small town Ohio, some of my closest associates are Millennials and our thoughts and opinions tend to agree on most things.  I think that leads to the idea some of the perceived differences could just be an urban/rural and/or regional thing.

Being around people you agree with is kind of a safe space. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being around people you agree with is kind of a safe space. 

We agree, but it's not like we lead similar lives.  I work in Land Surveying, one is a Bank Manager, another is a Prison Guard, another is in Marketing and Sales, the young pup is IT Forensics fresh out of college and still working a local hardware store during his career job quest.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: While I'll admit there was context, Trump intentionally uses violent metaphors and it's amusing that we are supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt on this after his former VP he almost got killed elected not to endorse him.

If he doesn't win it's going to be a *WINK WINK* bloodbath.  It's just a prank, bro!  Hell, I bet that whole "Civil War" his supporters are fantasizing about is really going to involve them killing liberals at Tecmo Bowl, or something. 

The Pence narrative is baffling to me. Why are people ignoring the fact that Pence is being a clear opportunist here?

He decides to not endorse Trump and people somehow see it as Pence standing his moral ground. Have people suddenly forgotten that during the Republican debates last year the question was asked to all candidates attending whether they would support Trump as the Republican party's nominee even if he were convicted on the Jan 6th charges and Mike Pence was one of the 6 out of 8 people on stage who raised his hand? And now he's saying "It should come as no surprise that I wouldn't endorse him". The guys full of shit.
Reply/Quote
HAHAHA THIS SHOWS HOW BRAINWASHED YOU CNN WATCHERS ARE.. Bloodbath talking about the auto industrys…haha shows how easily brainwashed you democrats are.
Reply/Quote
In business, a bloodbath is a period of disastrous loss or reversal, or a widespread dismissal or purge of employees. For example, "If you think the layoffs you've seen today are large, it's going to be a bloodbath in Detroit and in the Midwest"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:42 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: The Pence narrative is baffling to me. Why are people ignoring the fact that Pence is being a clear opportunist here?

He decides to not endorse Trump and people somehow see it as Pence standing his moral ground. Have people suddenly forgotten that during the Republican debates last year the question was asked to all candidates attending whether they would support Trump as the Republican party's nominee even if he were convicted on the Jan 6th charges and Mike Pence was one of the 6 out of 8 people on stage who raised his hand? And now he's saying "It should come as no surprise that I wouldn't endorse him". The guys full of shit.

I think you might have posted this in the wrong thread, but I completely agree. I mean, typical politician move, TBH.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It actually is fascinating, because, as I've repeatedly stated, Trump, when correctly quoted gives you plenty of ammunition to use against him.  But making things up, and this is already being amplified by Pelosi, actually makes Trump look better and makes his opponents look like idiots.

And in this case, why not just attack the merits of the statement itself?  He's talking about protectionism and trade wars with China, and the free market Republicans would rail against this if Biden said the same thing.

I think highlighting his policies like that, which are inflationary, would be more effective and persuasive rather than "BAD ORANGE MAN WANTS TO START CIVIL WAR!!!"
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The legacy media wonders why no one trusts it anymore.
[Image: GI36xS1WEAATO4r?format=jpg&name=small]

Well, they realized that not only was hiding their bias no longer necessary, it was actually BETTER for business when they stopped trying.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote