Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Is Donating His Salary
Why don't you hear about this in the news?

Oh, that's right, because the media is a bunch of crybaby liberals who would rather paint Trump as a horrible human being.

His first quarter earnings were donated to the National Park Service., his second-quarter salary donation to the Department of Education in July, Department of Health and Human Services’ efforts to combat the opioid crisis, and his fourth quarter of 2017 to the Department of Transportation, to help fund a new grant program for repairing or building infrastructure, federal officials said Tuesday.

From here and here.

I realize that he's a billionaire, so it's not like he's strapped for cash, but it's a nice move and the media is silent about it.

Strapped for cash or not, donating a salary of four hundred grand is still nothing to sneeze at, and it will add-up to 1.6 million.
(04-06-2018, 03:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why don't you hear about this in the news?

Oh, that's right, because the media is a bunch of crybaby liberals who would rather paint Trump as a horrible human being.  

His first quarter earnings were donated to the National Park Service., his second-quarter salary donation to the Department of Education in July, Department of Health and Human Services’ efforts to combat the opioid crisis, and his fourth quarter of 2017 to the Department of Transportation, to help fund a new grant program for repairing or building infrastructure, federal officials said Tuesday.

From here and here.

I realize that he's a billionaire, so it's not like he's strapped for cash, but it's a nice move and the media is silent about it.  

Strapped for cash or not, donating a salary of four hundred grand is still nothing to sneeze at, and it will add-up to 1.6 million.

I don't think we hear much about it because it's something he said he would do and he's following through with it. Let him not donate his salary one quarter and watch what happens.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-06-2018, 03:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize that he's a billionaire, so it's not like he's strapped for cash, but it's a nice move and the media is silent about it.  

The media is silent about this, yet you post a left-leaning source reporting on it.  Make sure you get Trump's victim card laminated, you'll need it.
I read somewhere that Mar-a-lago's profits (not revenue, profit) went up $5 or $6 million. That's one property benefiting directly from his personal trips, not to mention the extraneous stuff like doubling membership fees.

It's good publicity to give away his earnings, but it's disingenuous for him to present it as a benevolent act considering he's making millions annually off being in office without the salary.
Is this the same Donald Trump that wants to cut 168 million dollars from the National Park Services? https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/upload/FY-2018-NPS-Greenbook.pdf

Or the same Donald Trump that wants to slash the Department of Education's budget by 5%, which totals about 9 billion dollars? 
https://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/budget/budget18/budget-factsheet.pdf

Could it be the same Donald Trump that proposed cutting 19% of the Department of Transportation's discretionary budget?
http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fiscal-2019-budget-request-would-cut-tiger-grants

But yes....thank god they'll be getting some of Trump's quarterly salaries to offset those cuts. 
(04-06-2018, 03:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why don't you hear about this in the news?

From here and here.

now if only he hadnt cut the budgets of those departments....
People suck

(04-06-2018, 03:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think we hear much about it because it's something he said he would do and he's following through with it. Let him not donate his salary one quarter and watch what happens.

Mellow

(04-06-2018, 03:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The media is silent about this, yet you post a left-leaning source reporting on it.  Make sure you get Trump's victim card laminated, you'll need it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Amazingly, it didn't take too long for this to be a bad thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-06-2018, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Amazingly, it didn't take too long for this to be a bad thing.

No one said it was "bad".

We said it's a stunt and drop in the bucket compared to the cuts he suggested making and the profit he is making for himself elsewhere using this office.

But it didn't take long for it to become another whining "point" for Trump supporters.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Just lolz
(04-06-2018, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Amazingly, it didn't take too long for this to be a bad thing.

Reminds me how people are always spinning negative about OJ Simpson giving all that money to the Goldman family.
Damn it, guys. Stop looking at the bigger picture and worship this throw away gesture.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]