Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
After Obama took kind of a passive attitude and wasn't really aggressive in anything, our nation had seemed like we weren't the big kid on the block anymore.

Trump steps in and it's like he's demanding our respect in the world again, and not in a bullying-type way, but more in a "if you mess with us, we'll knock you out" sort of way, and just in a "if you mess with your own people, we'll step-in and knock you out."

He responded quickly and harshly to Assad using chemical weapons on his own people by just bombing the hell out of them. He dropped the MOAB in Afganistan to kill ISIS fighters but also to destroy that tunnel that was important to them.

Now, he's not even "trying to be diplomatic" on North Korea and he's just setting-up shop and saying "you want us, you got us." I'm sure some people will use that as Trump just looking for trouble where its unnecessary, but Kim Jong-un has been trying to cause trouble and has been trying to get a nuclear arsenal of his own, so it was wrong to stay back and take a hands-off approach because it obviously wasn't working.

235,00 jobs were created in the first month of his presidency, so the economy is also obviously doing well.

Trump is bringing us back to a country that leads in the world, not follows.
[Image: 0*9xvLTTK5EFEBnGG5.jpg]
(04-16-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: After Obama took kind of a passive attitude and wasn't really aggressive in anything, our nation had seemed like we weren't the big kid on the block anymore.

Trump steps in and it's like he's demanding our respect in the world again, and not in a bullying-type way, but more in a "if you mess with us, we'll knock you out" sort of way, and just in a "if you mess with your own people, we'll step-in and knock you out."

He responded quickly and harshly to Assad using chemical weapons on his own people by just bombing the hell out of them.  He dropped the MOAB in Afganistan to kill ISIS fighters but also to destroy that tunnel that was important to them.

Now, he's not even "trying to be diplomatic" on North Korea and he's just setting-up shop and saying "you want us, you got us."  I'm sure some people will use that as Trump just looking for trouble where its unnecessary, but Kim Jong-un has been trying to cause trouble and has been trying to get a nuclear arsenal of his own, so it was wrong to stay back and take a hands-off approach because it obviously wasn't working.

235,00 jobs were created in the first month of his presidency, so the economy is also obviously doing well.

Trump is bringing us back to a country that leads in the world, not follows.

Many perceive quite the opposite regarding Trumps motives. He comes across egotistical, sensitive and reactive often. Not saying what you describe above is not his intention, however the way he goes about it shakes the emotions of some American's. One thing he has to do which has been said more times than not, is get rid of that damn twitter account. There is nothing beneficial about using it in the context he does. He has the chance to go down as a great president. He has to calm down first and communicate a little more professionally and confidently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Unfortunately the world is not a middle school playground.

The bloodthirsy war hawks were also thrilled when the US "manned up" and showed the world how great we were when we invaded Iraq?

Making decisions based on trying to show the world how tough we are is very, very stupid. Our country will go broke spending on military. We already spend almost as much as the rest of the world combined. The US accounts for 40% of military spending.

the rest of the world is laughing at us spening so much money on the military while going deeper and deeper in debt as a country. North Korea is in China's realm of influence. They would love for us to spend a few billion trying to fix that problem for them.
I am so tired of winning. Just like Trump said I would be! Ninja
(04-16-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:  not in a bullying-type way, but more in a "if you mess with us, we'll knock you out" sort of way, and just in a "if you mess with your own people, we'll step-in and knock you out."

Actually I believe that resorting to violence and threats of violence to settle any dispute is very much a "bully type way".
(04-16-2017, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unfortunately the world is not a middle school playground.

The bloodthirsy war hawks were also thrilled when the US "manned up" and showed the world how great we were when we invaded Iraq?

Making decisions based on trying to show the world how tough we are is very, very stupid.  Our country will go broke spending on military.  We already spend almost as much as the rest of the world combined.  The US accounts for 40% of military spending.

the rest of the world is laughing at us spening so much money on the military while going deeper and deeper in debt as a country.  North Korea is in China's realm of influence.  They would love for us to spend a few billion trying to fix that problem for them.

Respectfully, N.Korea is the one acting like a bully. The longer we sit back and let KJU strengthen his nuclear program, the larger threat he is to U.S. and it's allies. NK is lead by a nutcase. He does not have the power at this point to affect us but he whole heartedly thinks he does and is willing to use preemptively. He needs to be dealt with now before he becomes even more dangerous.

The rest of the world is not laughing at the U.S. I can guarantee. They are startled that the country which has been so passive during the last administration is standing up, dusting itself off and sharpening the sword. This country has been in a tailspin and Trump may be the type of guy to pull out of it and straighten things out. If he's not the guy to get it done, then so be it. However, we needed to change direction and stop letting countries walk all over us and become a stronger threat against us. We are hated by many regardless of what we do, so it's not a bad time to stop coddling to our adversaries and start strengthening our own interests and securities.
(04-16-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Trump steps in and it's like he's demanding our respect in the world again, and not in a bullying-type way, but more in a "if you mess with us, we'll knock you out" sort of way, and just in a "if you mess with your own people, we'll step-in and knock you out."

Right now that's not what he gets though. That you can drop some explosive stuff isn't news to anyone, your willingness to do it doesn't make the world go wow. It always depends on the goals and whether there are some goals to see. The Syria strike did close to nothing effectively and this mother of all bombs, well ok, but if that causes some drastic swifts is yet to be seen and highly doubted.
Overall, Trump and the USA with him is losing respect in the rest of the world, not so much for the military actions, but because of other things. I live in said rest, I ought to know. It's dramatic, actually. For whatever that means, but just that you know.

(04-16-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Trump is bringing us back to a country that leads in the world, not follows.

Well, leadership is more than dropping stuff. We followed Trump, and what is worrisome in his "leadership" is his gross inconsistency. The world doesn't want to be lead by someone where you have no idea what he's up to tomorrow. We heard him say America first and that you would stop policing the world, that action in Syria is very stupid and might lead to a world war and whatnot. Later that's obsolete, but we have no idea what is and isn't obsolete next week.
What the rest of the world, almost unanimously, would want from a leading country is taking lead in all pressing issues, starting with preserving the planet. Even China is far ahead in that regard now. You seem to pull out of every agreement, and that estrangens the US from the world. Never mind the CC hoax debate per se, it's just that hardly anyone outside the US thinks so, and if you do then you're not really a world leader, even with Tomahawks and bombmothers.
(04-16-2017, 10:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The rest of the world is not laughing at the U.S. I can guarantee. They are startled that the country which has been so passive during the last administration is standing up, dusting itself off and sharpening the sword. This country has been in a tailspin and Trump may be the type of guy to pull out of it and straighten things out.

One of the main reasons this country is in a tailspin is because of our excessive military action in Iraq.

You think the rest of the world is in awe of us for the amazing job we did with that?  They love to see us bleed money while going deeper in debt.

I'll repest, the world is not a middle school playground.  Adults laugh at middle school bullies who think they can run the world by punching everyone ion the nose.  And adults all over the world are laughing at us for acting like we can run the whole world by having bigger bombs.

Depending on military might to try and get everything we want will break this country.  The real power in the world today is commercial, not military.
(04-16-2017, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  The real power in the world today is commercial, not military.

We are progressing in this area as well.
Trump changed his position on issues this week more often than Melania changed outfits. Since Trump "goes both ways" on issues wouldn't that technically make him bi? Aren't you freaked out You you might have to share a bathroom with a bi-President? I'm just asking a question.
(04-16-2017, 10:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump changed his position on issues this week more often than Melania changed outfits. Since Trump "goes both ways" on issues wouldn't that technically make him bi?  Aren't you freaked out You you might have to share a bathroom with a bi-President? I'm just asking a question.

That's why they make toilet seat covers.

TBH - I have no problem with an open minded president who has the ability to listen and change his stance on some issues. Not sure if this applies to Trump because he's a very difficult dude to read or understand. To have a leader who refuses to take advice and enlightenment is more of what we have had in the past. Sure, you don't want a leader who flip-flops from one day to the next but some flexibility is positive.
(04-16-2017, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You think the rest of the world is in awe of us for the amazing job we did with that?  They love to see us bleed money while going deeper in debt.

Now that's not entirely true. The Iraq part, yes, but generally at least we in Europe don't want to see you perish in debt. Mostly because our strong economies depend on the US, but partly also because many of us deep down actually like you. Way more than others, at least.

We'd very much like it if the US wouldn't spend on the 14th aircraft carrier and would rather use that money to advance planet preservation, amongst other things. We would also understand if you'd use the money to ensure basic survival for every citizen independent from income. But mainly the advancing thing. Granted, that's just us.
(04-16-2017, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unfortunately the world is not a middle school playground.

OK OK Fred. So the world is not a middle school playground. But if it were, you have to admit that Trump would have it under control--he and his gang over there by the teachers' parking lot.  If you messed with them you would be in trouble. In fact, if he thought you were laughing at him you might be in trouble too. And unlike that black kid who just graduated, the one who used to organize our playground sports, he doesn't care what the teachers say. It's his playground now. At the very least you also have to admit that even if the world is not a playground, understanding playground politics is the simple key to current US foreign policy.

And what about Iraq? All I remember is Obama pulled out all our troops or something because liberals wanted to end a trillion dollar occupation and leave the oil, and that's why we have ISIS. Weak. If we invade Syria and install democracy it will spread to other areas of the Middle East. It is time for the US to show the world that we are strong and not to be messed with. Our allies will respect us again and our enemies will fear us. I have spent a quarter of my life abroad in Europe and the Middle East and I can assure you that people in the streets want a strong America. "Why is the US so weak?" people everywhere would ask me. "Why don't you take their oil when you conquer countries? We would feel better if America would just strike problem countries without working through the UN." One guy in an Egyptian coffee house said "You have big bombs but are afraid to use them!" Then he pointed to the ladies restroom door and said "That one's for you my 'Merican friend," and women at the tables around us all laughed. Knowing he was right, I could only hang my head in shame.  All these simple solutions to international problems and our libtard politicians were afraid to implement them. Well I am holding my head high now.

Goes for North Korea too. Sure our South Korean "allies" are all worried that if Trump sends out the wrong tweet, Jong-un will drop a load of artillery down on Seoul killing thousands or maybe even a Nuke killing millions. And sure, a whole bunch of our 28,000 troops stationed there.  But this Jong-un guy is an unstable actor on the world stage; we need to stop his rhetoric against the US so we are not seen as weak.  And our allies need to support us. (Are you listening South Korea? Stop all the anxious hand-wringing and whining about your people's safety. If not you can go it alone because we are not weak anymore.) If we keep everyone in the region guessing about our intentions--China, NK, South Korea, Russia, Japan, Taiwan--by sending an "Armada" into the Sea of Japan that will calm things down in a hurry. And if it doesn't--why do we have nukes if we aren't going to use them?  You see Fred, no businessman is going to buy or produce things he is not going to use. Well we have a businessman in the White House now--not one of those major corporate CEO types responsible to a board of directors and accountable for his actions, but a guy still running a "family" business in which he answers to no one--and he is not going to follow your pansy "let's think things through" libtard logic which tells the world we are weak. We'll find out what happens when the Armada gets there, and either way we'll manage. And the rest of the world will support us because Trump showed resolve in striking Syria. America has finally grown a pair and the libs are quaking in their boots.
If the identity is one of excess and waste, agreed. Supposedly 2018 tax returns are going to include a box "check here to have your return sent directly to mar-a-lago or check the box below to support the First Lady's fourth home."

Trump has done some very positive things so far. But so far his first few months are weighed down by abuse.
Trump is doing what many Americans love and what many Americans hate. And everybody is an expert on if it works or not. America has risen to be a world power in a fraction of the time lesser countries have been in existence. We didn't do that by being isolationists.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

America is not getting respect because of Trump, we're losing it.

Trump's flip-flopping on positions is interesting, definitely a different thing whenever you get in the big chair. The Syria thing, I'm against the decision, I was against it when Obama asked Congress for the permission to act against Assad, I was against our involvement in Libya. For the MOAB thing, it is my understanding that Trump wasn't a part of that decision making. They have moved those decisions out of the White House from all accounts I have read, but if someone has more information on that, let me know.

Job creation in the first month? It takes months, if not years, for economic policies from the White House to have impacts. The job creation is no different than what had been happening for a while under Obama. What's also interesting is the rest of the world still saw us as hawkish during Obama's tenure as well.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of delusions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-16-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 235,00 jobs were created in the first month of his presidency, so the economy is also obviously doing well.

Watch out. Some libtards might still give Obama credit for this.

On the good side, now that Trump is president, we can return to the official employment rate to measure the economy instead of the unofficial "participation" rate.
(04-16-2017, 10:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are progressing in this area as well.

No we are not.  We are going deeper and deeper in debt and Trump wants to INCREASE military spending.

While we spend billions on bombs China is spending billions on solar power and willown our asses in a few years.
(04-16-2017, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we are not.  We are going deeper and deeper in debt and Trump wants to INCREASE military spending.

While we spend billions on bombs China is spending billions on solar power and willown our asses in a few years.

Agreed. We've allowed our petroleum industry's influence on policy stymie alternative energy progress for decades. I believe it will take a generation or two to recover from being so shortsighted, whether probable or not. Will we ever see a push from the private sector to make this happen?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]