Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Org and CFO indicted on tax crimes
https://www.vox.com/22555751/allen-weisselberg-indictment-trump-grand-larceny

Trump CFO Allen Weisselberg and the Trump Organization itself have been indicted on a few charges related to the organization giving Weisselberg nearly $1.7m worth of untaxed benefits. The Organization paid for his rent, cars, and grandkid's tuition and deducted the payments from his salary, shielding the compensation from taxation. Weisselberg also avoided paying city taxes for a number of years despite being a resident.

This is part of a larger investigation into crimes committed by Trump and his company and believed to be the prosecutors putting pressure on the CFO in an attempt to get him to flip. The thought is that him realizing how serious he is in trouble could be what is needed to make him flip.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is part of a larger investigation into crimes committed by Trump and his company and believed to be the prosecutors putting pressure on the CFO in an attempt to get him to flip. The thought is that him realizing how serious he is in trouble could be what is needed to make him flip.

If I were an unscrupulous member of the Trump org., I'd accept 2-3 years hard time if I could be sure Trump would reward me when I got out.

If Trump re-assumes power in August, I could expect a change in prosecutors, perhaps even venue, and charges dropped before the sentence is even handed out. If that can't be done in time, then a pardon. 
Reply/Quote
Charities have expenses. As long as some of the money went to needy kids or invalids or cancer patients, what's the real harm?

:mellow:
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 07:50 PM)Dill Wrote: If I were an unscrupulous member of the Trump org., I'd accept 2-3 years hard time if I could be sure Trump would reward me when I got out.

If I could be sure Trump would reward me?  That may be the shakiest sentence I've heard in my life.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2021, 01:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If I could be sure Trump would reward me?  That may be the shakiest sentence I've heard in my life.

This guy was sure.

[Image: stoneroger_022020bc_lead.jpg?itok=ehqXfP21]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 11:20 AM)Dill Wrote: This guy was sure.

I guess my mistake was counting the commoners Trump has left twisting in the wind against him. 
Reply/Quote
I've been reading up on this, and it seems to me the Prosecutors are just getting started with indictments. I think more indictments and charges are coming. These people are in serious trouble. There are federal tax crimes as well, and all it takes is one person to roll over, then NY takes all it's convictions and confessions, and hands them to the feds so they can prosecute on federal tax evasion, and that's where the 10-30 yr sentences come from. This, I believe, is the tip of the iceberg.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 11:20 AM)Dill Wrote: This guy was sure.

He legit looks like a cartoon villain you'd see in a comic book, or like a guy who just walked out of central casting.

Fwiw, you can't talk about "draining the swamp" when you surround youself with someone like this.  He is the swamp.  He's made his career in politics jumping from titles like "strategist", to "consultant" to "political advisor", to "campaign manager" which, with so many titles, is all code for some sketchy shit. 

He doesn't even have a degree that indicates he has any special skills that might be helpful in legitimate and honest politics.  He worked directly with both Richard Nixon and Al Sharpton (make sense of that one).  The man has never had a legitimate job in his entire life.  This man, like so many others in Washington, is an asbolute scumbag.  He made a career out of being an absolute slimeball.

Sorry, I had to rant. 

PS Just in case someone wants to turn their attention to the partisan side of this, both sides are filled with shadiness, although this dude's you can spot from a mile away.  I'm just pointing that Donald Trump was full of shit about draining the swap.  This turd should have been flushed decades ago.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 03:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He legit looks like a cartoon villain you'd see in a comic book, or like a guy who just walked out of central casting.

Fwiw, you can't talk about "draining the swamp" when you surround youself with someone like this.  He is the swamp.  He's made his career in politics jumping from titles like "strategist", to "consultant" to "political advisor", to "campaign manager" which, with so many titles, is all code for some sketchy shit. 

He doesn't even have a degree that indicates he has any special skills that might be helpful in legitimate and honest politics.  He worked directly with both Richard Nixon and Al Sharpton (make sense of that one).  The man has never had a legitimate job in his entire life.  This man, like so many others in Washington, is an asbolute scumbag.  He made a career out of being an absolute slimeball.

Sorry, I had to rant. 

PS Just in case someone wants to turn their attention to the partisan side of this, both sides are filled with shadiness, although this dude's you can spot from a mile away.  I'm just pointing that Donald Trump was full of shit about draining the swap.  This turd should have been flushed decades ago.

Just want to add that he is not only this slimy trickster, but also outright criminal. Only freed through a pardon. He worked with wikileaks to time the Clinton mail leaks. Special kind of shady and treacherous.

Just like some others, eg. Manafort who (depsite other stuff) gave internal polling data to a Russian oligarch he owed lots of money to in an obvious attempt to allow Russians to target their influence campaigns more sharply. Imho these are figures that aren't just the average shady political actor, but crossed the line to being criminals. In that extent, I'd guess this is pretty uniquely Trump and not just some "both sides have people like that" effect.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 02:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I've been reading up on this, and it seems to me the Prosecutors are just getting started with indictments.  I think more indictments and charges are coming.  These people are in serious trouble.  There are federal tax crimes as well, and all it takes is one person to roll over, then NY takes all it's convictions and confessions, and hands them to the feds so they can prosecute on federal tax evasion, and that's where the 10-30 yr sentences come from.  This, I believe, is the tip of the iceberg.

If the Feds get involved it's game over.  I remember hearing that the Feds almost never pursue action that they don't feel is slam dunk during the Michael Vick trial.  This is likely even more true if a case involves prosecuting an ex-preisdent, thus incurring the wrath of half the country.  

Better start grooming Ron DeSantis.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 03:46 PM)samhain Wrote: If the Feds get involved it's game over.  I remember hearing that the Feds almost never pursue action that they don't feel is slam dunk during the Michael Vick trial.  This is likely even more true if a case involves prosecuting an ex-preisdent, thus incurring the wrath of half the country.  

If you get officially charged by the Feds you are essentially ******.  They have a 90%+ conviction rate.  More than likely, your only hope is at sentencing.

Ron DeSantis (or Haley, or someone else) should already be the plan for the GOP.  If the DNC runs Harris her only hope would be Trump winning the nomination again, and banking off enough people hating him rather than liking her.  If the Republicans actually run a polished candidate I have a feeling she will get absolutely destroyed.  And if it aint her then who?  Aint gonna be Biden.  Bernie or Warren gonna give it another run?  Maybe someone cool I don't even really know about like Beshear?  (Fwiw, I honestly think if they're smart they'll go with Gabbard because she'll pull some votes from across the aisle.  Probably will never happen though, it looks like Hillary and friends destroyed her career.)
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 03:46 PM)samhain Wrote: If the Feds get involved it's game over.  I remember hearing that the Feds almost never pursue action that they don't feel is slam dunk during the Michael Vick trial.  This is likely even more true if a case involves prosecuting an ex-preisdent, thus incurring the wrath of half the country.  

The feds have basically unlimited resources. They can put twenty forensic accountants in your ass if they want.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Wait. So your telling me the family who ran a corrupt “charity” also ran a corrupt business? Well I’ll be darn. It’s almost like the career conman made a living duping suckers and cheating the system. It almost got him a 2nd term as prez too
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 10:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wait. So your telling me the family who ran a corrupt “charity” also ran a corrupt business? Well I’ll be darn. It’s almost like the career conman made a living duping suckers and cheating the system. It almost got him a 2nd term as prez too

Still asking for money to sue Facebook etc 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 05:09 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Still asking for money to sue Facebook etc 

The idea that Trump wants to be forced to testify about Jan 6th while under oath is the biggest line of bs he's ever sold his followers. 
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The idea that Trump wants to be forced to testify about Jan 6th while under oath is the biggest line of bs he's ever sold his followers. 

What these last years taught me is that there is no bottom. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 02:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: What these last years taught me is that there is no bottom. 

This isn't about a bottom, this is about Trump putting himself in a situation where he could legimately finally get into some sort of trouble.  He's just doing this to get money, we all know that.  We know there is no bottom to his deception and begging for money, but the idea of him being dumb enough to put himself on the stand in a courtroom?  I don't see it...seems like another liberal dream that won't come to pass.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 04:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If you get officially charged by the Feds you are essentially ******.  They have a 90%+ conviction rate.  More than likely, your only hope is at sentencing.

Ron DeSantis (or Haley, or someone else) should already be the plan for the GOP.  If the DNC runs Harris her only hope would be Trump winning the nomination again, and banking off enough people hating him rather than liking her.  If the Republicans actually run a polished candidate I have a feeling she will get absolutely destroyed.  And if it aint her then who?  Aint gonna be Biden.  Bernie or Warren gonna give it another run?  Maybe someone cool I don't even really know about like Beshear?  (Fwiw, I honestly think if they're smart they'll go with Gabbard because she'll pull some votes from across the aisle.  Probably will never happen though, it looks like Hillary and friends destroyed her career.)

I'd vote for Gabbard. I honestly can't think of too many other honest politicians out there. That is a sad reality. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 08:25 PM)Cicero Wrote: I'd vote for Gabbard. I honestly can't think of too many other honest politicians out there. That is a sad reality. 

People don't want honesty. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: People don't want honesty. 

And man that sucks doesn't it? 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote