Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Said He WON'T Overturn Roe V Wade
He said he'd leave it up to states, so do you think he'll win back women who only vote Democrat based on the issue of abortion?
Reply/Quote
No.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Haven't you been paying attention? He won't overturn it; ACB will
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No.

Why not?
Reply/Quote
No, abortion isn't the only issue that is making women pick Biden over Trump.

That said, Trump cannot overturn Roe v. Wade. If it were overturned, he could chose not to prosecute those who get an abortion.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, abortion isn't the only issue that is making women pick Biden over Trump.

That said, Trump cannot overturn Roe v. Wade. If it were overturned, he could chose not to prosecute those who get an abortion.

I was going to ask a girl about this because she told me that she almost had an abortion once, but women say it's about control over their bodies, not just abortion, so what else is there on the issue of control over their bodies?

I know that he cannot overturn it, but can he make it an issue for states to decide?  
Reply/Quote
He can say what he wants, it's not really within his authority to overturn the SCOTUS.

It's like when people go ape $%&@ over a Democrat POTUS, saying he's going to repeal the 2nd amendment. That's... not... possible.

As far as wooing women voters, I think he'd have better luck if he tried his old approaches of just grabbing them by the ******* or buying a pageant so he can barge in on underage naked girls.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was going to ask a girl about this because she told me that she almost had an abortion once, but women say it's about control over their bodies, not just abortion, so what else is there on the issue of control over their bodies?

I know that he cannot overturn it, but can he make it an issue for states to decide?  

No.

And states can't decide, as the SCOTUS already has.

Not that they don't try. States regularly pass laws that go to the SCOTUS and get overturned. Abortion is probably one of the more regular issues where this happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:24 AM)Benton Wrote: He can say what he wants, it's not really within his authority to overturn the SCOTUS.

It's like when people go ape $%&@ over a Democrat POTUS, saying he's going to repeal the 2nd amendment. That's... not... possible.

As far as wooing women voters, I think he'd have better luck if he tried his old approaches of just grabbing them by the ******* or buying a pageant so he can barge in on underage naked girls.

Then why do women vote against him for that reason?  Do they just not know better?

As for the second part, he did make mistakes, what, 15 years ago?  So you'd rather have a man that actually has sexually assaulted women?

Eight women have alleged that Biden either touched them inappropriately or violated their personal space in ways that made them uncomfortable.  

I don't think that even includes all of his sniffing women/young girls.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then why do women vote against him for that reason?  Do they just not know better?

Let’s just ignore the latent sexism in your question and just go full blown sexist; all women be cray, Brad. Not as cray as trying to unlock the mystery of the female mind on a football message board, but you (don’t) get the point.

Quote:As for the second part, he did make mistakes, what, 15 years ago?  So you'd rather have a man that actually has sexually assaulted women?

Eight women have alleged that Biden either touched them inappropriately or violated their personal space in ways that made them uncomfortable.  

I know this is futile, but if Trump is innocent until proven guilty of 26 accusations of sexual assault, isn’t Biden innocent until proven guilty of 8 accusations of sexual assault?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then why do women vote against him for that reason?  Do they just not know better?

As for the second part, he did make mistakes, what, 15 years ago?  So you'd rather have a man that actually has sexually assaulted women?

To the first two questions: he appoints the judges who could technically overturn it. Checks and balances.

To the second two: I'd rather have neither. Although only one has openly flaunted sexually assaulting women and using his wealth to ogle naked teens.

To the statement: several more have sued or alleged trump did far worse. He even admitted doing far worse.

Sexual assault is worse than sniffing people. On any @#$&ing planet.

Ask yourself which would offend you more: a guy you know saying he sniffed your sister or the same guy saying he grabbed her by the *****, he just went at her like a *****.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He said he'd leave it up to states, so do you think he'll win back women who only vote Democrat based on the issue of abortion?

Maybe he will lose people who think abortion should be illegal everywhere in the usa.  Does making an abortion into a road trip satisfy the pro life voters?
Reply/Quote
I'd take him saying he won't overturn as him pushing to have it overturned.
Reply/Quote
Overturning Roe v. Wade is what makes it a state issue. He has been appointing judges and justices that have been specifically chosen by advocacy groups for their likelihood to overturn Roe. His statements show that he either doesn't understand how the law works, or he is just blatantly lying.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Woman should come up with a better argument than "I will do what I want with my own body". A living human being is not "their own body".
Reply/Quote
I heard a clip on Morning Joe this morning on the way to work from Trump in 1989 being interviewed and he said something I 100% agree with.  

He said, at that time, that he is 100% pro-choice but he hates abortions.

I completely agree with that.  

He said, then, that as President he wouldn't push for Roe V Wade to be overturned because he believes in choice.

As to last night, we see a different Trump.  This one is trying to not lose his base that loves him because he is the most pro-life president ever sent by god to save America. (citation needed)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
This the same dude who says he wants to protect people with pre-existing conditions while actively suing to repeal a law that protects people with pre-existing conditions?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: I heard a clip on Morning Joe this morning on the way to work from Trump in 1989 being interviewed and he said something I 100% agree with.  

He said, at that time, that he is 100% pro-choice but he hates abortions.

I completely agree with that.  

He said, then, that as President he wouldn't push for Roe V Wade to be overturned because he believes in choice.

As to last night, we see a different Trump.  This one is trying to not lose his base that loves him because he is the most pro-life president ever sent by god to save America. (citation needed)

Trump has changed his party affiliation at least five times. He doesn’t have a political ideology. He has self interests.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:17 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Woman should come up with a better argument than "I will do what I want with my own body".  A living human being is not "their own body".

I think pro life people focus too much on what women want when a lot of men are also pro choice and women aren't exactly the ones who have been making the rules in this country for the past century. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was going to ask a girl about this because she told me that she almost had an abortion once, but women say it's about control over their bodies, not just abortion, so what else is there on the issue of control over their bodies?

A lot of that refers to leaving politics and religion out of access to and decisions regarding healthcare. There's a lot of reasons why women may use birth control unrelated to preventing pregnancies. There's a lot of economic disparity regarding access to what should be routine preventative medical checks for women (particularly as it relates to breast and cervical cancers). Planned Parenthood gets pegged as an abortion factory, but the vast majority of what they do is provide low cost medical care to women. Before she had my healthcare, my wife depended on PP for a host of issues. There's also those who support legal sex work, which would fall under that realm of "my body". They see legalization as a means of protecting a profession that will always exist, decreasing abuse and exploitation, and decreasing health issues and disease/virus transmission.

If Roe v Wade were overturned, abortion would still be legal until states legislatures and/or Congress decided to pass legislation criminalizing abortion. The President could opt to not enforce the federal law and leave it up to states to enforce the state laws, which is what I would interpret his remarks as meaning based on what you posted. I haven't see the actual clip. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote