Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Said He WON'T Overturn Roe V Wade
(10-16-2020, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great, another abortion debate. I wonder who's going to change their stance this time.

At least it's taking place in an appropriately labeled thread, props to that. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lots of people don't view a fetus as the same as a baby and some people see your view as a fetus as being a baby and not an acceptable to be aborted fetus.

My main point is people often have an easier time supporting stuff they don't have to see.

I agree and is why I said I wonder how people would view abortion if they actually saw what it looks like.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I agree and is why I said I wonder how people would view abortion if they actually saw what it looks like.

They have seen it. Then again I came from a background where I was shown graphic images of stds and given a rather vague lesson on sex. 

I had a better grasp on abortion methods and the fact that a vagina can look like a sarlaac pit before I even kissed a girl. Oof.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:10 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because I view a baby and the mother as two separate humans, not an extra leg, arm, hand, foot, piercing, tattoo, hair color, etc.

By definition, it is a fetus at 16 weeks and not viable on its own outside of the womb.

Is a single cell zygote a baby?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 12:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They have seen it. Then again I came from a background where I was shown graphic images of stds and given a rather vague lesson on sex. 

I had a better grasp on abortion methods and the fact that a vagina can look like a sarlaac pit before I even kissed a girl. Oof.

Yikes!  lol
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:03 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm just pointing out their "my own body" argument is silly.

No it is not silly.  It is actually the legal basis for individual rights in the United States.

At some point in the future technology will advance to the state where a fertilized egg can be removed and gestated outside of the mothers body.  But that is not possible now.  Since the fetus can not survive without the mother it is still her decision.  You can not give individual rights to some thing that can not survive as an individual.

Since the fetus is usually viable after the second trimester that is why the courts do not allow an abortion after the second trimester except in extreme circumstances..
Reply/Quote