Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump asking supporters to fund new plane...
(03-13-2022, 02:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Of course, that has little to do with the issues of the current administration, there's certainly plenty else to say about that.

You can say that again. This Biden administration is not the one the country, and world for that matter, needs right now. Biden is well past his prime in a bad way. Harris is awful as VP, like as she recently chuckled when asked about taking in Ukrainian refugees and then didnt even give an answer (all in the while the administration seems content in doing nothing with illegals or as they call them refugees streaming across the border. A far cry from the Obama years when he actually did his his duty on that and when there wasnt a worldwide pandemic happening. 

Anyways another topic for another thread. But if someone sees how anti-Trump I am, I'm far from pro-Biden as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It seems to me that StoneTheCrow's point is that we're currently under a disaster of an administration that is knocking on the door of WW3...... but "something something Trump". It's insanity.
Reply/Quote
Fund this.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 03:27 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: It seems to me that StoneTheCrow's point is that we're currently under a disaster of an administration that is knocking on the door of WW3...... but "something something Trump". It's insanity.

Trump is, at the moment, the most likely person to be president in 2024, is the current face of one of the two political parties we are so generously given to choose from, and his history with the guy who is trying to cause WW3 makes it a bit hard to just say "Orange man gone...no worries!" 

Believe me, I wish Trump and Hillary and this current administration that plays like a crappy spin-off of the popular Obama era would all just retire and we could have a political reboot, but it probably isn't happening.  I know a lot can happen in 2 years, but the fact that we can't 100% guarantee that we aren't going to see a second Biden Vs Trump or even a second Hillary Vs Trump election is the most craptastic thing ever. 

Watching American politics right now is like being on edge that your sister is getting bored with her new boring-ass boyfriend and is starting to get nostalgic about her ex that she has a restraining order against. 
Reply/Quote
A bit more on topic, Trump doing stuff like this just checks another one of those "Is this a cult?" boxes that shrill liberals love to lob at Trump and his supporters.

1. find supporters who are marginalized, or able to be convinced they are marginalized
2. tell them the above is going to get worse and only you can defend them from it
3. be accused of, or admit to sexual improprieties...convince supporters that being a target of your sexual impropriety is an honor
4. tell followers that they can't trust anyone except you
5. be seen as all powerful and rich but still constantly beseech that followers give you money for their own good

And I cynically brought up the idea that people on public assistance should lose their benefits if they give money to Trump because people are always worried about how welfare queens blow their money on inessential stuff. You know Trump is raking in a bunch of social security and disability money and that stuff probably isn't going back into the economy...well, maybe the Russian economy. ZING!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 03:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: You can say that again. This Biden administration is not the one the country, and world for that matter, needs right now. Biden is well past his prime in a bad way. Harris is awful as VP, like as she recently chuckled when asked about taking in Ukrainian refugees and then didnt even give an answer

Well I sure am not calling the current administration the best anyone could have hoped for. But from an outsider's perspective, I am not in that great discomfort about Biden in office right now. He did manage to rally the troops behind him, so to speak, the alliances appear unified and the measurements well coordinated; and no one blurted something insensitive, stupid or explosive into the conversation from the POTUS twitter account. These two things, imho, count for something.

About Harris, I don't know about that specific incident, but yeah not a fan either. But also, I consider VPs to be unimportant.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 03:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: You can say that again. This Biden administration is not the one the country, and world for that matter, needs right now. Biden is well past his prime in a bad way. Harris is awful as VP, like as she recently chuckled when asked about taking in Ukrainian refugees and then didnt even give an answer (all in the while the administration seems content in doing nothing with illegals or as they call them refugees streaming across the border. A far cry from the Obama years when he actually did his his duty on that and when there wasnt a worldwide pandemic happening. 

Anyways another topic for another thread. But if someone sees how anti-Trump I am, I'm far from pro-Biden as well.

Sorry, just saw this.

A little context as I think this is what you were referring to.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 12:52 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know where you live, but come to my town in Maineville, Ohio. Trump is FAR from gone. Trump flags everywhere. Flags that say "Trump Won!" "Jesus is my Lord' Trump IS my President!" "Trump 2024!" Black and red flags that say "Impeach Biden" have been flying here since before Biden put his hand on the Bible. That clown Gibbon's that is running for Portman's seat held a rally here. If you  live here in  Ohio and watch TV I'm sure you've seen his ad's, afterall he's spending 5.5 million of his own money running for the seat. He states that he's "Trump Tough!" and all the others running are RINO's.  Josh Mandel is also running for Portman's seat, give him a listen sometime. Even some Republicans that were anti Trump before are now up Trump's butt trying to get his  endorsement for the senate seat, they're the one's Gibbons have labeled RINO's.  I can't speak for other parts of the country but here in Warren County Donald Trump IS the Republican Party, if Trump farts people around here are still sniffing it up. 

I was watching the local news the other day here in Cincinnati. All the Republican campaign ads talk about is who sucks trumps balls the hardest. It’s insane. If your number one qualifier is you were a card carrying cult member then get bent, you are disqualified
Reply/Quote
This is the grift that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friends
One asshole started grifting not knowing what it was
And he'll continue grifting just because
This is the grift that never ends
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, just saw this.

A little context as I think this is what you were referring to.

I dont understand what context is missing?

Right before Harris embarrassed herself she's asked two specific questions.

Is the United States going to set up a permanent infrastructure for refugees.

And

Is the United States willing to make a specific allocation for Ukrainian refugees.

Neither of those questions should have provided a moment of laughter or the response "a friend in need is a friend indeed", especially when representing the US in another country. Keep in mind. It's not like this is the first time she's laughed when being asked a serious question. Some people are saying "It was just nervous laughter". Well, that's kind of the point. The fact that she's the Vice President of the US and nervously laughing during these questions is part of what makes it embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:39 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I dont understand what context is missing?

Right before Harris embarrassed herself she's asked two specific questions.

Is the United States going to set up a permanent infrastructure for refugees.

And

Is the United States willing to make a specific allocation for Ukrainian refugees.

Neither of those questions should have provided a moment of laughter or the response "a friend in need is a friend indeed", especially when representing the US in another country. Keep in mind. It's not like this is the first time she's laughed when being asked a serious question. Some people are saying "It was just nervous laughter". Well, that's kind of the point. The fact that she's the Vice President of the US and nervously laughing during these questions is part of what makes it embarrassing.

You said she laughed at the immigrants question.  She was doing a callback to an earlier line from the other guy.

That's the context.

Appropriate? Eh, probably not.  But that doesn't make her "awful" and it doesn't mean she simply "she recently chuckled when asked about taking in Ukrainian refugees ".

And it's nothing personal just pointing out that the internet was filled with the "news" of Harris "embarrassing herself" by laughing at the question but it ignored what happened around that question.

Sidenote: Does anyone else find it odd how this immigrant crisis is so different from the last one as far as how welcoming countries are?  Even our own?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: You said she laughed at the immigrants question.  She was doing a callback to an earlier line from the other guy.

That's the context.

Appropriate? Eh, probably not.  But that doesn't make her "awful" and it doesn't mean she simply "she recently chuckled when asked about taking in Ukrainian refugees ".

And it's nothing personal just pointing out that the internet was filled with the "news" of Harris "embarrassing herself" by laughing at the question but it ignored what happened around that question.

Sidenote: Does anyone else find it odd how this immigrant crisis is so different from the last one as far as how welcoming countries are?  Even our own?

Probably not? It wasn't.

And I didn't say she laughed at the question. I said the question shouldn't have provided a moment of laughter. Whether she was doing a "call back" is irrelevant to the point that she shouldn't have been laughing at that moment, especially when the laughter can be misinterpreted as "laughing at the question".

Honestly is it the biggest deal in the world? Of course not. But Harris has this perception about her where she just seems completely artificial and these moments only make that more true. I don't like Joe Biden but I at least believe some of the stuff he says. I don't believe one thing that comes out of Harris's mouth.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:20 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Probably not? It wasn't.

And I didn't say she laughed at the question. I said the question shouldn't have provided a moment of laughter. Whether she was doing a "call back" is irrelevant to the point that she shouldn't have been laughing at that moment, especially when the laughter can be misinterpreted as "laughing at the question".

Honestly is it the biggest deal in the world? Of course not. But Harris has this perception about her where she just seems completely artificial and these moments only make that more true. I don't like Joe Biden but I at least believe some of the stuff he says. I don't believe one thing that comes out of Harris's mouth.

That reads as if you have a "perception" about her and no matter what she would say or do it would be "awful".
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: That reads as if you have a "perception" about her and no matter what she would say or do it would be "awful".

Well, just to be fair, it rather sounds like you have a perception about him by which the entirety of his stances could be explained and disqualified.

As for Harris, I don't really got into the incident at depth, but a professional sure should know when not to laugh. Folks claim maybe with some merit that Scholz only became German chancellor because his opponent laughed about something at the site of a flooding.

Also, I will say that Harris imho has some history of displaying some not so ideal behaviour, but that might be in the eye of the beholder. I don't think she's an embarrassment though. Especially because we have the last presidency still vividly in mind here. She did not tweet that she knows more than all the generals, that the western leaders are very stupid people or that she fell in love with Putin who was so nice to her. That is still regarded as a huge plus.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:54 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, just to be fair, it rather sounds like you have a perception about him by which the entirety of his stances could be explained and disqualified.

As for Harris, I don't really got into the incident at depth, but a professional sure should know when not to laugh. Folks claim maybe with some merit that Scholz only became German chancellor because his opponent laughed about something at the site of a flooding.

Also, I will say that Harris imho has some history of displaying some not so ideal behaviour, but that might be in the eye of the beholder. I don't think she's an embarrassment though. Especially because we have the last presidency still vividly in mind here. She did not tweet that she knows more than all the generals, that the western leaders are very stupid people or that she fell in love with Putin who was so nice to her. That is still regarded as a huge plus.

Aye, we all make assumptions based on what we see.

I haven't paid much attention to Harris anymore than I paid a bunch of attention to Pence.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: That reads as if you have a "perception" about her and no matter what she would say or do it would be "awful".

Yes I have a perception about someone. Don't we all? 

I dont think having perceptions always leads to the same conclusion about a particular individual. Even so, my perception of her being artifical has no bearing on the situation as the analysis of any truthfulness in what she said has no application here.

Her saying a "friend in need is a friend indeed" as a response/segway/shift/hand off/whatever one wants to call it was embarrassing given the weight of current events and how the question relates to it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 11:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Who cares? You can let him go now. It’s over. Orange man gone

No. Not gone. 

Still the dominant force in the Republican party,

and set on rigging the next election with millions of followers.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:16 PM)Dill Wrote: No. Not gone. 

^Elections can only be allowed to be deemed as rigged if a dem loses one.

A preemptive claim of a rigged election three years from now sure is a new one though. Unless whatever your point is zipped right over my head.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:16 PM)Dill Wrote: No. Not gone. 

Tin foil hat.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: ^Elections can only be allowed to be deemed as rigged if a dem loses one.  

Trump has spent the last decade claiming elections were rigged, starting with Obama's win in 2012. 
Reply/Quote