Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump bails on Fox Debate
bfine Wrote:Just the pettiness he has shown lately. Basically calling Trump scared to debate and "challenging him to a duel". 

One of my main selling features of Cruz was he appeared "Presidential"; that has changed.

This is not to say I've kicked Cruz to the curb, I'll just say it has caused me to re-look. Hell it's very early in the process; I may jump a couple more times.

Good thing about being a conservative in this process: you have choices. 

Yeah. That's not always been the case.
Trump is throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled little six year old girl. He was confronted and challenged and couldn't handle it, so he's taking his ball and going home to cry. His supporters love this stuff for whatever reason I can't figure out.

What's he going to do when a leader of a foreign country stands up to him?

I do not want this guy as president. I never have and I never will. He will destroy this country.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
 Nebuchadnez Wrote:Trump is throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled little six year old girl. He was confronted and challenged and couldn't handle it, so he's taking his ball and going home to cry. His supporters love this stuff for whatever reason I can't figure out.

I do not want this guy as president. I never have and I never will. He will destroy this country.

I fear he will be another Obama in the sense he will just use executive orders to get his way because he is too lazy to go negotiate with congress.    

We don't need another guy who says things like I have a pen and phone and that elections have consequences.

He actually reminds me of Phillip Dru administrator
(01-27-2016, 10:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I fear he will be another Obama in the sense he will just use executive orders to get his way because he is too lazy to go negotiate with congress.    

We don't need another guy who says things like I have a pen and phone and that elections have consequences.

He actually reminds me of Phillip Dru administrator

If congress doesn't like executive orders all they have to do is pass laws to override them.  Too bad the entire congress is too broken to pass any meaningful laws.
(01-27-2016, 10:52 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Trump is throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled little six year old girl. He was confronted and challenged and couldn't handle it, so he's taking his ball and going home to cry. His supporters love this stuff for whatever reason I can't figure out.

I doubt that the reason Trump is skipping the debate is the fact that he that he cannot handle confrontation.

IMO he is doing this is to show that it is all about him and to get his name in the news.

"Temper Tantrums"only work if people pay attention to them. Folks from all sides are paying too much attention tto this one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
fredtoa Wrote:If congress doesn't like executive orders all they have to do is pass laws to override them.  Too bad the entire congress is too broken to pass any meaningful laws.

Fred I wish we stopped all executive orders and really gave the power back to congress it was meant to have .... Also No more of these trade deals getting by without senate approval because it's an adjustment to a current deal.

Obama is violating it now but I will be as pissed about it if a GOP president does the same. The transfer of power to the executive branch over the past 100 years has slowly killed us .
bfine Wrote:I doubt that the reason Trump is skipping the debate is the fact that he that he cannot handle confrontation.

IMO he is doing this is to show that it is all about him and to get his name in the news.

"Temper Tantrums"only work if people pay attention to them. Folks from all sides are paying too much attention tto this one. 

Agreed. It's not hard to see how much attention Rand got when he skipped and he was polling low. Trump will be active on social media and will probably garner a big share of the attention. Positive or negative .... Either is still a plus.
I can't believe an actual new organization put this statement out. Bill O'Reilly is begging Trump to participate. Just absurd.

So happy to see the networks scrambling.

[Image: PHtqZGz.jpg]
(01-27-2016, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just the pettiness he has shown lately. Basically calling Trump scared to debate and "challenging him to a duel". 

One of my main selling features of Cruz was he appeared "Presidential"; that has changed.

This is not to say I've kicked Cruz to the curb, I'll just say it has caused me to re-look. Hell it's very early in the process; I may jump a couple more times.

Good thing about being a conservative in this process: you have choices. 

He reminds me of Obama in 2008 in that I can't understand how he has demonstrated the leadership necessary for being the President. Obama was in senate for less than 2 years when he announced he hadn't taken charge on anything. He gave a good speech in 2004... Cruz had been in for 3 years when he announced  and his big thing is he showed he was willing to not work with anyone and shut down the govt 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-27-2016, 11:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   It's not hard to see how much attention Rand got when he skipped and he was polling low.  Trump will be active on social media and will probably garner a big share of the attention.    Positive or negative ....  Either is still a plus.

Yes, a plus for his ego.

Otherwise it remains a distraction from actual discussions about problems and real solutions.

(01-28-2016, 12:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can't believe an actual new organization put this statement out.   Bill O'Reilly is begging Trump to participate.    Just absurd.  

So happy to see the networks scrambling.  

[Image: PHtqZGz.jpg]

That's probably the best thing FOX has ever done.  Calling The don (lower case) out.

Maybe he should build a wall around himself to keep people like Kelly from treating him like the other candidates and not licking his boots?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 12644979_1077026208997552_32189734099328...e=572A72FE]
GMDi Wrote:Yes, a plus for his ego.

Otherwise it remains a distraction from actual discussions about problems and real solutions.

That's probably the best thing FOX has ever done.  Calling The don (lower case) out.

Maybe he should build a wall around himself to keep people like Kelly from treating him like the other candidates and not licking his boots?

Fox cares only about 1 thing.... Their ratings for the debate. The GOP debates have been ratings gold mines this cycle.

Also roger ailes is sick and has not been running Fox News so I wonder if he would have allowed that type of press release.
(01-28-2016, 12:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fox cares only about 1 thing....  Their ratings for the debate.   The GOP debates have been ratings gold mines this cycle.      

Also roger ailes is sick and has not been running Fox News so I wonder if he would have allowed that type of press release.

Folks do love watching a train wreck.
(01-28-2016, 12:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Folks do love watching a train wreck.

One is a train wreck, and with the other you expect a BINGO game to break out.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-28-2016, 12:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: One is a train wreck, and with the other you expect a BINGO game to break out.  

Totally agree.

I'm not a fan of the primary debates.  
(01-27-2016, 12:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Valid point, but it's not just the poor.  Way to pick up on "especially the poor" out of the rest of the sentence.

LOL

From what I understood, they were showing the debates via antenna channels? I don't know how that works, but that's what I was told by people who watched the debates without cable.

There have been 2 maybe 3 Democratic debates on antenna TV and I think maybe one Republican?

It is a shame that shows like 2 Broke Hoebags always seems to get air time over a debate.  Every single one needs to be as available as possible.
(01-28-2016, 12:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fox cares only about 1 thing....  Their ratings for the debate.   The GOP debates have been ratings gold mines this cycle.      

When Fred and Lucy agree on something you can bet it is probably correct.
(01-28-2016, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not a fan of the primary debates.  

Primary elections are about pushing to the extreme.

General election debates are about scooting back toward the middle.

And way too much of the content of both is canned speaking points and rambling rhetoric that doesn't even address specific policy decisions.  Nothing but partisan gobbledygook!
fredtoa Wrote:When Fred and Lucy agree on something you can bet it is probably correct.

Haha so true.
fredtoa Wrote:Primary elections are about pushing to the extreme.

General election debates are about scooting back toward the middle.

And way too much of the content of both is canned speaking points and rambling rhetoric that doesn't even address specific policy decisions.  Nothing but partisan gobbledygook!

The progressive movement has made this true. The extremes are exactly what the parties should be and the progressives have made themselves out to be the moderates. Really they should be their party all together.