Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity'
(09-13-2017, 10:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think the point be deliberately overlooked missed is that ANYONE who is a "delicate mental flower" is generally weeded out long before they serve.

So *if* transgenders are more likely to commit suicide (or have those tendencies) less would serve anyway.  However the ones that DO make it through are NOT "delicate mental flowers."

Basically all they want is to be treated like "everyone else" without people feeling the need to create new names for them because of a bias or phobia.

And based on the posts on this board and in general on social media the only ones who are in agreement that that no transgenders should serve in the military are those who either a) never served or b) already hated/feared anyone different from them that they can't understand.

Ok. Then you agree there is no reason to be concerned how we address them in conversation.

Glad to see we are on the same page.

I personally do not care. I just want to end the hysteria that we have to treat these people with kid gloves because if we don't they will just shut down over their delusions. Since everyone seems on with them serving then we can all agree they can be treated like we treat everyone else.
(09-13-2017, 10:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok. Then you agree there is no reason to be concerned how we address them in conversation.  

I personally do not care.   I just want to end the hysteria that we have to treat these people with kid gloves because if we don't they will just shut down over their delusions.    Since everyone seems on with them serving then we can all agree they can be treated like we treat everyone else.

See the bolded part?

That part makes the rest of the post moot.

And makes the reasons behind it obvious.   Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-13-2017, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: See the bolded part?

That part makes the rest of the post moot.

And makes the reasons behind it obvious.   Rock On

How about concoction.
(09-13-2017, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look if they wanna serve then whatever.

Exactly.  Whatever.

But, instead Trump has to invent some drama because he can't stay off Twitter like some teenage girl.

Quote:My point is that you can't claim they are some delicate mental flower on one hand which can't handle basic ways of addressing normal  people.  

Well, it's a good thing I never made that stupid claim.  The issue with you addressing this group of people has nothing to do with you addressing people normally.  It is you going out of your way to address them in a derogatory manner which resulted in the language filter being modified to accomodate your behavior.

Quote:But hey if you say they can serve and everyone want them to serve then we can by all means treat them as we do anyone else.  

That's the whole point.  For once you sound like an actual Libertarian and not a conservative masquerading as one because all the cool kids are doing it.

Quote:As for your comment on how I address those people here and the consequences I have been subjected too.....   I guess it was in haste since we are now to accept them and treat them as we do anyone else.    And in almost everyone else's world that includes not tip toeing around pronouns or labels.

I don't want to get into this because you and I both know it wasn't a case of tip toeing around pronouns.  There is no point rehashing your revisionist history.
(09-13-2017, 10:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ok. Then you agree there is no reason to be concerned how we address them in conversation.  

I personally do not care.

So why bloviate about studies which don't exist for 14 pages?

Quote:I just want to end the hysteria that we have to treat these people with kid gloves because if we don't they will just shut down over their delusions.

That is a strawman argument based upon disciplinary action directed at you for deliberately being disrespectful.  It wasn't about their behavior.  It was about your behavior.  Again, I don't want to address your suspension, but these two issues are linked.  Stop making the false claim there is a hysteria to treat transgender individuals with kid gloves who can't handle pronouns and I'll stop mentioning why your use of pronouns got you suspended.  Deal?

Quote:Since everyone seems on with them serving then we can all agree they can be treated like we treat everyone else.

Wow.  Was that so hard?  We'll just treat them . . . the same.  Holy shit.  What a novel idea.  I guess Trump won't need to ban them from the military after all.
Breech go back into any ***** thread and it will show that several people on his board made ge argument that we needed to call them as they wished because of their high suicide rate.
(09-14-2017, 02:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Breech go back into any ***** thread and it will show that several people on his board made ge argument that we needed to call them as they wished because of their high suicide rate.

I'm sure that you can provide examples of this. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-14-2017, 09:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sure that you can provide examples of this. 

It's exactly why ***** is on the filter.
(09-14-2017, 09:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's exactly why ***** is on the filter.

That's false.

The context in which you used that word in a derogatory manner is the reason why the filter was amended.
(09-14-2017, 10:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's false.

The context in which you used that word in a derogatory manner is the reason why the filter was amended.

No. The word was put on the filter because a poster repeatedly cried about it being mean because he had one As a cousin or something.

it's basically a shortened version of transgender.

I never used that word in any context other than description.
(09-14-2017, 09:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's exactly why ***** is on the filter.

It's on the filter because you exclusively used slurs to refer to trans people, even after being told not to. It's why you were banned for a year. 

However, I asked you to provide examples of people saying to call people what they want because of suicide. 

(09-14-2017, 10:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No. The word was put on the filter because a poster repeatedly cried about it being mean because he had one As a cousin or something.

So you were suspended for a year simply for being descriptive. That's hilarious. Even you don't believe that BS.

Worst troll job ever.

Anyway can we stop discussing your lies surrounding why the language filter was amended specifically for your use of a word as a descriptive slur and get back to discussing your lies related to the topic?
(09-14-2017, 10:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's on the filter because you exclusively used slurs to refer to trans people, even after being told not to. It's why you were banned for a year. 

However, I asked you to provide examples of people saying to call people what they want because of suicide. 

I know that, you know that, he knows that is the what you asked. There is a reason why he didn't provide what you asked for. It's a pattern.
(09-14-2017, 10:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   The word was put on the filter because a poster repeatedly cried about it being mean because he had one As a cousin or something.  

You're referring to me. You could at least sack up and say my name. 

(09-14-2017, 10:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No. The word was put on the filter because a poster repeatedly cried about it being mean because he had one As a cousin or something.

A shortened version of transgender is trans (though this is also an umbrella term). The word you repeatedly used is seen as derogatory and a slur. You were told this repeatedly, and how to respectfully refer to the trans community. I distinctly remember myself and Pat writing out lengthy explanations on all of this in an attempt to educate on this issue and to help you better understand it so that you could have a civil and respectful discussion about it.

I get that you and breech have this whole lovers' quarrel going on, but don't try to play the victim on that situation when there were many attempts to assist you.
(09-14-2017, 10:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you were suspended for a year simply for being descriptive. That's hilarious. Even you don't believe that BS.

Worst troll job ever.

Anyway can we stop discussing your lies surrounding why the language filter was amended specifically for your use of a word as a descriptive slur and get back to discussing your lies related to the topic?

No I was suspended a year for calling someone a virgin.
(09-14-2017, 12:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: A shortened version of transgender is trans (though this is also an umbrella term). The word you repeatedly used is seen as derogatory and a slur. You were told this repeatedly, and how to respectfully refer to the trans community. I distinctly remember myself and Pat writing out lengthy explanations on all of this in an attempt to educate on this issue and to help you better understand it so that you could have a civil and respectful discussion about it.

I get that you and breech have this whole lovers' quarrel going on, but don't try to play the victim on that situation when there were many attempts to assist you.

You are correct in that you two were the only ones crying about the word usage. And ***** is short for transvestite, transexual, and transgender. And even transmission. It's almost like ***** is short for any word that starts with Trans..... amazing.

As for breech and his weird infatuation with me.... well my alerts speak for themselves. It's almost like a personal notofication system from him.
(09-14-2017, 12:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are correct in that you two were the only ones crying about the word usage. And ***** is short for transvestite, transexual, and transgender. And even transmission. It's almost like ***** is short for any word that starts with Trans..... amazing.

As for breech and his weird infatuation with me.... well my alerts speak for themselves. It's almost like a personal notofication system from him.

And right next to that definition of the word (at least in the OED, Webster's didn't list that definition) is states offensive. I'm not going to bother relitigating the point, you are intent on your obstinance in this issue. I am just saying that there was an effort to assist you to engage in more thoughtful and respectful dialogue and you have decided to ignore it.
(09-14-2017, 12:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I was suspended a year for calling someone a virgin.

That's another lie in a long list of lies.
(09-14-2017, 10:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're referring to me. You could at least sack up and say my name. 

I am not allowed to refer to anyone by name.