Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading
(06-11-2020, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sexists Pig!!!

I admit it!  Now make me president!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-11-2020, 09:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm trying to be a better poster in P&R. So I deleted the whole paragraph I typed in response to this. So, I will just say history may repeat itself. If I remember correctly, Trump was behind in the polls during the last election and the left was celebrating a crushing victory early. Then, around the hours of 330 to 6pm, the tide started changing quickly. Not sure what caused it, could be Russian interference, or a lot of voters wearing working boots drove to the voting booth. Who knows? I think it was Russian interference. We should focus on that and do an investigation.

I think it's the fact that Trump is a member of a party (sort of...they seem to be turning on him) that can come in 2nd place in the votes and still win.  As much as people want to use the 2016 election as a means to throw the concept of polling in the trash bin, you'd think Trump won Reagan vs Mondale style.
(06-11-2020, 09:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I admit it!  Now make me president!

We'll have to take a poll first. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-11-2020, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll have to take a poll first. 

Fair enough, I'll determine its veracity once I see the results.  You said I'm a sexist pig though and you are a super delegate, so that's one million votes for I'm sexist enough to be the president.  Good luck beating that! Oh, and you only are able to ask people if they think I'm a sexist pig via a singing telegram service...can't make voting TOO easy on people now can we?
(06-11-2020, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough, I'll determine its veracity once I see the results.  You said I'm a sexist pig though and you are a super delegate, so that's one million votes for I'm sexist enough to be the president.  Good luck beating that!  Oh, and you only are able to ask people if they think I'm a sexist pig via a singing telegram service...can't make voting TOO easy on people now can we?
OK, you got me Joe; I'll cast my vote your way

[Image: 2014-02-25-ABC-View-Walters.jpg]

(06-11-2020, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, you got me Joe; I'll cast my vote your way

[Image: 2014-02-25-ABC-View-Walters.jpg]

Side note, Biden vs Trump is a banner day for men who have wispy hairplugs. 
http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/06/08/rel6a.-.race.and.2020.pdf

The methodology. It’s a solid poll. Trying to defend the President threatening legal action against the media for releasing a poll with solid methodology is stupid and borders on authoritarianism.

The amount of authoritarianism people are willing to accept from this dip shit is sad.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Days before this poll came out, Trump was yelling at Fox for them showing him losing and said they need to show their viewers CNN polls...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-11-2020, 09:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm trying to be a better poster in P&R. So I deleted the whole paragraph I typed in response to this. So, I will just say history may repeat itself. If I remember correctly, Trump was behind in the polls during the last election and the left was celebrating a crushing victory early. Then, around the hours of 330 to 6pm, the tide started changing quickly. Not sure what caused it, could be Russian interference, or a lot of voters wearing working boots drove to the voting booth. Who knows? I think it was Russian interference. We should focus on that and do an investigation.

It all comes down to a handful of states.

An old boss of mine post on Facebook about the polling and the forecast. Youve got the states that always vote one party set aside (which is heavily in favor of Biden). Then you've got the ones polling five points or less in favor of a candidate. Those are pretty much Biden, too. And those are pretty important as a lot of those states were 10+ or more for trump last time.
(06-12-2020, 03:27 AM)Benton Wrote: It all comes down to a handful of states.

An old boss of mine post on Facebook about the polling and the forecast. Youve got the states that always vote one party set aside (which is heavily in favor of Biden). Then you've got the ones polling five points or less in favor of a candidate. Those are pretty much Biden, too. And those are pretty important as a lot of those states were 10+ or more for trump last time.

This is why I like the RCP page. They have a highlight on the battleground states.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-12-2020, 12:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/06/08/rel6a.-.race.and.2020.pdf

The methodology. It’s a solid poll. Trying to defend the President threatening legal action against the media for releasing a poll with solid methodology is stupid and borders on authoritarianism.

The amount of authoritarianism people are willing to accept from this dip shit is sad.

This is the problem with the disinformation that was pushed about the polling from 2016. People believe the narrative that the polling was wrong even though it wasn't (and this has been explained countless times since then in this forum).

On a side note, I really found it interesting that of the Biden voters in the poll, something like 70% were voting against Trump rather than for Biden. That is a number that the DNC should really take a hard look at.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-11-2020, 06:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Typical Trump supporter completely clueless about the truth.

Not one single DB on Chad's list shut him down.

Clueless? He only caught 3-37-0 rec/yrds/tds in that Cleveland game and we lost 34-17 during a season where he averaged just over 10 targets per game.

I would say thats called shut down or definitely kept in check.

But typical Fred. Instead of focusing on the issue at hand, he'd rather divert and talk about the analogy. 

As fas as NK goes? It was past time to bring them out onto the international stage. It was a good effort, and Kim did himself no favors cause it will be a while now before another POTUS tries any diplomacy with him. 

As far as SK goes? If you don't think they were already in talks with China then your a fool. China has its hands in every Asian country (and that includes our allies) for many years already. 

As far as a war with China goes? Probably won't ever happen. China is too economically dependent on other countries to want to piss the world off.
(06-12-2020, 10:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As far as SK goes? If you don't think they were already in talks with China then your a fool.

I never said that, but lets see for sure who the fool is.

Has our relationship with SK gotten worse since Trump took office?

Has the SK relationship with China gotten stronger since Trump took office?
My guess is that Trump is under polling right now. Same thing that happened in 2016 before the election.
(06-12-2020, 04:58 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My guess is that Trump is under polling right now.  Same thing that happened in 2016 before the election.

If he and his fan club are so confident he should stop rallying against mail in voting.  Come on...the polls are bs, he's got this. 
(06-12-2020, 10:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is the problem with the disinformation that was pushed about the polling from 2016. People believe the narrative that the polling was wrong even though it wasn't (and this has been explained countless times since then in this forum).

On a side note, I really found it interesting that of the Biden voters in the poll, something like 70% were voting against Trump rather than for Biden. That is a number that the DNC should really take a hard look at.

Did polls predict Trump would be President? The biggest poll supporter in this forum told me that Hillary would win in a landslide and the only question was who far over 270 she'd go. He told me to "write it down", so I did. And when it was over he wasn't wrong and the polls weren't wrong. The people were wrong. 

(06-13-2020, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did polls predict Trump would be President? The biggest poll supporter in this forum told me that Hillary would win in a landslide and the only question was who far over 270 she'd go. He told me to "write it down", so I did. And when it was over he wasn't wrong and the polls weren't wrong. The people were wrong. 

The polls predicted that Clinton would win the national popular vote, and she did. On top of that, she won the national popular vote by a margin that was within the MoE the polls were predicting. The polls weren't wrong. People were taking that polling and applying it without taking into consideration the EC. There were some pollsters that were saying her losing the election and winning the popular vote was a possibility based on the polling.

Anyway, this is probably something like the twentieth time I've had to repeat all of this since the election.

(06-13-2020, 11:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The polls predicted that Clinton would win the national popular vote, and she did. On top of that, she won the national popular vote by a margin that was within the MoE the polls were predicting. The polls weren't wrong. People were taking that polling and applying it without taking into consideration the EC. There were some pollsters that were saying her losing the election and winning the popular vote was a possibility based on the polling.

Anyway, this is probably something like the twentieth time I've had to repeat all of this since the election.

Agree that the polls got the popular vote right.  They were off on the 'key' state totals though.  For instance 538 created a category of which states most likely could tip the election.  In their order it went...Florida, Pa, Mich, N Car, Va, Colorado, Ohio, Wisc, Minn, and Nevada.  On the day of the election, Hillary led, going in, in 9 of them, according to 538.   She only won 4 of them.  

Florida...predicted Hillary up .7,  trump won by 2
PA...predicted Hillary up 3.7,  Trump won by 1.
Mich...Predicted Hillary up 4.2, ended in a virtual tie which Trump won
North Carolina...predicted Hillary up by .7, Trump won by 4
Va..predicted Hillary up by 5.6, Hillary won by 5.
Colorado..predicted Hillary up by 4, Hillary won by 3.
Ohio...Predicted Trump by 1.9, Trump won by 9.
Wisconsin..predicted Hillary up by 5.3, Trump won by 1.
Minnesota..predicted Hillary up by 5.8, Hillary won by 1.
Nevada...predicted Hillary up by 1.2, Hillary won by 2.

538 was right.  These key states tipped the election.  But it seems they were maybe, what, about 4 or 5 points in range of error in average of these.  
(06-13-2020, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did polls predict Trump would be President? The biggest poll supporter in this forum told me that Hillary would win in a landslide and the only question was who far over 270 she'd go. He told me to "write it down", so I did. And when it was over he wasn't wrong and the polls weren't wrong. The people were wrong. 

In all fairness, the biggest fool of the polls in 2016 had to be Trump himself.  For a presidential candidate to use his world-wide platform to preemptively complain that the system was rigged and that people should use their 2A rights to see that justice prevailed and so on was quite telling.  
(06-13-2020, 11:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The polls predicted that Clinton would win the national popular vote, and she did. On top of that, she won the national popular vote by a margin that was within the MoE the polls were predicting. The polls weren't wrong. People were taking that polling and applying it without taking into consideration the EC. There were some pollsters that were saying her losing the election and winning the popular vote was a possibility based on the polling.

So the polls are useless?