Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, liar liar pants on fire
(10-23-2018, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Semantic BS.  Insults are insults.  

i'll bet no one is going to believe this:

You didn't answer the question posed. 

And yes, words (semantics) make a huge difference as to whether something is considered an insult or not. Perhaps we could cut this one short by having someone on the Left explain that to you; but I doubt it.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-23-2018, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Mike got it right with his last line: What does it matter?

The assertion was made here that Trump's base is ignorant, that was refuted, so a couple posters here took it upon themselves to show that it's true that Trump's base is ignorant. Yet when you illustrate their hate to them; they seem like they have no idea what you are talking about.

But don't worry: No one is going to take away your right to classify a bunch of people as ignorant; simply because their views are opposite yours. 

Perhaps that is because you don't "illustrate," only assert.   "Walks like a duck" is an alibi for proof.

And you are going to defend my "right to classify a bunch of people as ignorant" as if I have been exercising that right. A way of saying that I so classify without having to present any evidence that I do--other than "quaking like a duck" somehow.

But all can see, for years now, that I don't use the terms like "ignorant" or "unintelligent" or "hate" to explain other peoples' political views and actions. These terms have no explanatory power for anyone. I never claim or "prove" that some demographic is generically ignorant.

That doesn't mean I can't or don't demonstrate that someone is uninformed or misinformed about a topic.
And if I do, that is not, in itself, proof of "hate."
Back to Trump lying all the time:

How many of his supporters defenders you let others in your life lie constantly, make fun of and degrade others but you defend them anyway because other people point out their lies?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
After further research i have determined rich or poor , educated or uneducated... A sucker is still born every minute.

There is a reason a blowhard conman with multiple bankruptcies is still making shit up and lying out of his ass and the trumpets are like well trained pets eating up.
(10-23-2018, 07:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The word used was ignorant, not uneducated. So yeah, I consider that hate; how about you? 

I consider both of them the same because they mean the same.

I don't hide behind semantics.  I stand behind what I say.  I don't play silly games.  When you call one group "successful" then you are calling the others "failures".

And YOU were the one that used the term ignorant.  I never did.
(10-24-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I consider both of them the same because they mean the same.

I don't hide behind semantics.  I stand behind what I say.  I don't play silly games.  When you call one group "successful" then you are calling the others "failures".

First use of the term "ignorant," so far as I can tell, comes in post #17 of this thread.

Do you see any instances before that?
(10-24-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I consider both of them the same because they mean the same.

(10-24-2018, 06:17 PM)Dill Wrote: First use of the term "ignorant," so far as I can tell, comes in post #17 of this thread.

Do you see any instances before that?
The 2 of you are correct. I paraphrased the term the OP used "rubes (low IQ)" to read ignorant. I got caught up in the fact that the 2 of you were staunch to defend the assertion, but neither of you used the term. My apologies.  

(10-23-2018, 11:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: After further research i have determined rich or poor , educated or uneducated... A sucker is still born every minute.

There is a reason a blowhard conman with multiple bankruptcies is still making shit up and lying out of his ass and the trumpets are like well trained pets eating up.

I agree, buy why? I feel by constantly lying to his followers, he is insulting their intelligence. Whats in it for them to support Trump?
(10-24-2018, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 2 of you are correct. I paraphrased the term the OP used "rubes (low IQ)" to read ignorant. I got caught up in the fact that the 2 of you were staunch to defend the assertion, but neither of you used the term. My apologies.  

Apology accepted, at least by me.

I missed the "rubes" reference though. Which post?

Again, though, you are accusing me of doing things you can't actually demonstrate that I do.
You "feel" that I do them.  Then assert that I do. Suddenly it's a fact. For you.
(10-24-2018, 10:54 PM)Dill Wrote: Apology accepted, at least by me.

I missed the "rubes" reference though. Which post?

Again, though, you are accusing me of doing things you can't actually demonstrate that I do.
You "feel" that I do them.  Then assert that I do. Suddenly it's a fact. For you.

The one I originally replied to (post 4)

WTS, I did demonstrate your efforts to refute my opposition to that comment. But granted you may not of fully realized what I was refuting. 

(10-24-2018, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The one I originally replied to (post 4)

WTS, I did demonstrate your efforts to refute my opposition to that comment. But granted you may not of fully realized what I was refuting. 

LOL convenient.  The "quack" refutation.
First thing first:

I agree with Trump that we can't let evil people become famous and we can't let evil acts stop us from living our lives.  He is 100% right about that and I'm glad he said it!

But he can't help himself and keeps talking....

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/10/28/politics/donald-trump-nyse-false-claim/index.html#aoh=15407542072015&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

Quote:Trump falsely says NYSE opened day after Sept. 11 attacks to justify holding rally after Pittsburgh shooting

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump falsely claimed Saturday that the New York Stock Exchange re-opened the day after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in an effort to justify holding a rally on the same day that a mass shooting occurred at a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

Speaking at a planned campaign rally
 in Illinois, Trump said he had weighed whether to cancel his rally as well as a speech at an agricultural convention earlier in the day in Indianapolis, Indiana, but ultimately decided against it, saying such a move would amount to giving the killer an edge. He compared his decision to continue with the rally to reopening the NYSE after the September 11 attacks, something that did not happen.

"And with what happened early today -- that horrible, horrible attack in Pittsburgh -- I was saying maybe I should cancel both this and that," Trump said, referring to the rally and his earlier appearance at the agricultural convention. "And then I said to myself, I remember Dick Grasso, a friend of mine, great guy. He headed up the New York Stock Exchange on September 11. And the New York Stock Exchange was open the following day. He said -- and what they had to do to open it you wouldn't believe. We won't even talk to you about it. But he got that exchange open."

"We can't make these sick, demented, evil people important. And when we start changing around our lives and changing around our schedules ... we can't allow people like this to become important," Trump said. "And when we change all of our lives in order to accommodate them, it's not acceptable."

In fact, as CNN reported at the time, the NYSE closed after the attacks and did not reopen until September 17 because many of the workers were lost or injured in the attack on the World Trade Center, which was just blocks from the NYSE in
Manhattan's financial district, and much of the communications and utilities needed to trade stocks were damaged or destroyed.

It was the longest shutdown for the NYSE since the Great Depression.

Bloomberg first reported Trump's error.

Trump also used his rally to condemn the shooting that took place earlier Saturday at the Tree of Life synagogue, leaving 11 dead.

"This evil anti-Semitic attack is an assault on all of us. It's an assault on humanity. It will require all of us working together to extract the hateful poison of anti-Semitism from the world," he said.

"The scourge of anti-Semitism cannot be ignored, cannot be tolerated and cannot be allowed to continue."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.