Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'
I think Trump realizes he was slightly off when he used "animals" no matter what he "meant".

The White House, Trump and his spokespersons haven't said MS13 without the word animals in the same sentence since then!   Smirk Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-23-2018, 06:11 PM)Dill Wrote: Since it generally goes against my principles to refuse an explanation, some context was necessary.

E.g. you threatened once never to respond to me again unless I apologized to you. But couldn't keep your word. That is what I mean by threats.

Ahh, an insanely disingenuous use of the word threaten.  You owe me an apology for your baseless aspersion.

(05-23-2018, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you.  Glad I could give you a little needed perspective.

If ISIS are "animals" for what they did then the US military are also animals for what they did, correct?

Nope.  I do appreciate your illustrating your far left view of this point though.  If you can equate a WW2 US soldier to a POS ISIS fighter (notice not soldier), then you have illustrated just how ideologically bankrupt your opinion on this matter is.  
(05-24-2018, 12:46 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you can equate a WW2 US soldier to a POS ISIS fighter (notice not soldier), then you have illustrated just how ideologically bankrupt your opinion on this matter is.  

I wasn't talking about "ideology".  I was just talking about the tactics. 

We killed thousands of children with a bomb.  ISIS cut off some few heads.  If the tactics are what makes an animal then we are animals also.
(05-24-2018, 08:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I wasn't talking about "ideology".  I was just talking about the tactics. 

We killed thousands of children with a bomb.  ISIS cut off some few heads.  If the tactics are what makes an animal then we are animals also.

Wow, you keep digging the hole deeper.  Let's please examine the enormous difference between casualties caused by a bombing attack and deliberately raping children, setting prisoners on fire and slowly beheading prisoners and then lining the streets with their heads.

You literally compared US troops to friggen ISIS fighters.  Twice!  Mellow  
(05-24-2018, 12:46 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahh, an insanely disingenuous use of the word threaten.  You owe me an apology for your baseless aspersion.

SSF, quick, go to the Fox News website and check their employment section under "drama."

They are looking for an insanely disingenuous faux grievance coach for their commentators.  Looks like steady employment.

If you need a recommendation, I can pull up some of your old posts. Many of them in fact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2018, 01:35 PM)Dill Wrote: SSF, quick, go to the Fox News website and check their employment section under "drama."

They are looking for an insanely disingenuous faux grievance coach for their commentators.  Looks like steady employment.

If you need a recommendation, I can pull up some of your old posts. Many of them in fact.

It's cute that you're covering for making a baseless accusation against me.  I kindly decline your offer and would ask that you refrain from lying about me in the future.  Thank you and good day.
Anybody see what that racist did today?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

To be fair.... We are all animals.

Do i think Trump would use words that are big and the best to intentionally dehumanize individuals, incite his base, and help spread his message of fear and hate? Absolutely
(05-24-2018, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody see what that racist did today?

Had a photo op with a world heavy weight championship belt?

Nobel peace prize. One of the greatest military men ever. Rushes into danger to stop school shootings. The best business man ever... And now world heavy weight champ. My god why have we not had that military parade yet and then one every week thereafter honoring this man. 
(05-24-2018, 10:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Had a photo op with a world heavy weight championship belt?

Nobel peace prize. One of the greatest military men ever. Rushes into danger to stop school shootings. The best business man ever... And now world heavy weight champ. My god why have we not had that military parade yet and then one every week thereafter honoring this man. 

I'll take that as a long yes. 

(05-24-2018, 09:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's cute that you're covering for making a baseless accusation against me.  I kindly decline your offer and would ask that you refrain from lying about me in the future.  Thank you and good day.

lol keeper.  Projection is your super power.
(05-24-2018, 11:09 PM)Dill Wrote: lol keeper.  Projection is your super power.

If you disagree that you stating I have made "threatening" posts is a blatant fabrication, simply produce them.  Until you do so grow accustomed to being labeled a purveyor of falsehoods.

I won't even get into your support of ISIS.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5582647]
One of the themes throughout this forum is how folks like Fred, Dill, Dino. and others are actually hurting the cause they propose to be defending with their ridiculous rhetoric. Unfortunately, NPR has also picked up on this dynamic and did a story on it this AM.

Damn, NPR, they used to be unbiased, but that has changed lately, as they warned folks this AM of the damage these types of folks are doing to their own cause.

(05-24-2018, 11:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you disagree that you stating I have made "threatening" posts is a blatant fabrication, simply produce them.  Until you do so grow accustomed to being labeled a purveyor of falsehoods.

I won't even get into your support of ISIS.

Because you can't. LMAO

So you deny that you threatened to stop responding to me if I did not apologize? See posts #186 and 188 on
the "With Merkel's Foes in Disarray" thread.

LOL And did you just 1) THREATEN to continue labeling me a "purveyor of falsehoods" while 2) alleging I support ISIS?

That's like killing two projection-birds with one stone.

Double LOL. Earlier I refused to answer your "animals" question to avoid these tiresome jumps to extreme rhetoric.
That is the sort of thing that locks threads down.  Maybe I will save this thread, at least, by no longer responding to such rhetoric.
(05-24-2018, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the themes throughout this forum is how folks like Fred, Dill, Dino. and others are actually hurting the cause they propose to be defending with their ridiculous rhetoric. Unfortunately, NPR has also picked up on this dynamic and did a story on it this AM.

Damn, NPR, they used to be unbiased, but that has changed lately, as they warned folks this AM of the damage these types of folks are doing to their own cause.

I'd like to see an example of Dill's "ridiculous rhetoric" which hurts the cause he proposes to defend.

And that is a rather vague report of what "the NPR" says.  Got a link to what one person actually said? Some evidence was presented of "hurt"?

Your post sounds like a complaint that people are criticizing Trump at all.  And a recommendation that folks like Fred, Dill and Dino take a less critical tack on Trump.  THAT will help their proposed cause.
(05-25-2018, 12:00 AM)Dill Wrote: Because you can't. LMAO

Prove you stated I "threaten" people?  You did it in this very thread.

Quote:So you deny that you threatened to stop responding to me if I did not apologize? See posts #186 and 188 on
the "With Merkel's Foes in Disarray" thread.

Muhaha, seriously, please stop it, Gooby.  

Quote:LOL did you just 1) THREATEN to continue labeling me a "purveyor of falsehoods" while 2) alleging I support ISIS?

No, I stated as such.  You lied about me and you defend ISIS, along with your buddy Fred I might add.

Quote:That's like killing two projection-birds with one stone.

Oh right, I'm the one who defends ISIS.  Seriously, isn't there a thread in which you could be condoning theologically condoned misogyny? 
(05-25-2018, 12:16 AM)Dill Wrote: I'd like to see an example of Dill's "ridiculous rhetoric" which hurts the cause he proposes to defend.

And that is a rather vague report of what "the NPR" says.  Got a link to what one person actually said? Some evidence was presented of "hurt"?

Your post sounds like a complaint that people are criticizing Trump at all.  And a recommendation that folks like Fred, Dill and Dino take a less critical tack on Trump.  THAT will help their proposed cause.

Your insistence throughout this thread that Trump was talking about all immigrants when he used the term Animals.

Nope, don't have a link; it was on the radio. 

No attack at all of people criticizing Trump; matter of fact, I hope you kick it up a notch. It's just the impetus of the piece was that many are too blinded by their hate to be constructive. But by all means keep being overly critical. 

(05-25-2018, 12:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your insistence throughout this thread that Trump was talking about all immigrants when he used the term Animals.

Nope, don't have a link; it was on the radio. 

No attack at all of people criticizing Trump;
matter of fact, I hope you kick it up a notch. It's just the impetus of the piece was that many are too blinded by their hate to be constructive. But by all means keep being overly critical. 

I don't insist "throughout this thread that Trump was talking about all immigrants."

Not sure why I would attack people criticizing Trump. People should be.

My point has always been that his language was unclear, vague, and so open to misconstruction--especially given past comments. It is an absence of focus and a sign of incompetence. I explicitly said, however, that exaggerations on the part of journalists are not acceptable from any quarter. You see "blind hate" in that?  

I don't see that you have engaged at all with points I have actually made. Do you agree that Trump's own behavior is the source of his bad press, or do you maintain there are just people who "hate" Trump and so his bad behavior is only an excuse?  Do you think that people who dislike exaggeration and lying will embrace Trump because some journalist exaggerated a Trump comment?  

By the way, are you implying you would be happy if bad liberals somehow kept Trump in power?That would be good for the country? You support his presidency?
(05-25-2018, 12:49 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't insist "throughout this thread that Trump was talking about all immigrants."

Not sure why I would attack people criticizing Trump.  People should be.

My point has always been that his language was unclear, vague, and so open to misconstruction--especially given past comments. It is an absence of focus and incompetence.  I explicitly said, however, that exaggerations on the part of journalists are not acceptable from any quarter. You see "blind hate" in that?  

I don't see that you have engaged at all with points I have actually made. Do you agree that Trump's own behavior is the source of his bad press, or do you maintain there are just people who "hate" Trump and so his bad behavior is just an excuse?  Do you think that people who dislike exaggeration and lying will embraceTrump because some journalist exaggerated a Trump comment?  

By the way, are you saying you would be happy if bad liberals somehow kept Trump in power?That would be good for the country? You support his presidency?

Of course you have insisted. When asked directly you have deflected and pointed to things that would support him suggesting all immigrants are animals. Are you now suggesting you have done otherwise?

Of course I see blind hate as you have already said another fringe poster in this forum can speak for you on all Trump issues. That's pretty much the definition of blind.

No. Folks that dislike Trump will continue to do so and will not "embrace" him. It's the undecided that you turn.

I consider any action that keeps a conservative in office to be a good thing and good for the country.  

Hmm
(05-25-2018, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you have insisted. When asked directly you have deflected and pointed to things that would support him suggesting all immigrants are animals. Are you now suggesting you have done otherwise?

Of course I see blind hate as you have already said another fringe poster in this forum can speak for you on all Trump issues. That's pretty much the definition of blind.

No. Folks that dislike Trump will continue to do so and will not "embrace" him. It's the undecided that you turn.

I consider any action that keeps a conservative in office to be a good thing and good for the country.  

I am "suggesting" that when "asked directly" I have pointed to linguistic and contextual facts which establish he is a clumsy speaker who leaves his statements open to misconstruction. You simply cannot find a single post in which I claim trump really was calling all immigrants animals, much less "throughout the thread."  But since I am resisting your claim Trump "obviously" was refering to MS 13 you have decided that can only mean I mean he meant all immigrants.

Letting others speak for me on an issue hardly implies "blindness." We do it when we elect political leaders. And your mention of a light-hearted statement as proof of "blindness" is just a desire to have something, anything, to throw at me.  Adding "hate" to blind on this evidence is more of the same. Way more. 

You are saying that your "undecideds" will embrace a cheating horn dog of a president who disses prisoners of war and destroys the credibility of the FBI with spy-lies while they are investigating an attack on the integrity of US elections--because these undecideds are turned off by the occasional journalist who actually manages to exaggerate the negative import of something Trump said?  Those journalists are such meanies, but the guy who mimics a handicapped reporter and tweets a picture a senator's wife alongside Melania to call the other woman ugly belongs in the most exhalted office in the land, the face of the USA and role model to youth??

Hmm  Hmm. I don't WANT to go with Trump--but there was that article which claimed he called ALL immigrants animals . . . . .

The real undecideds will be those party-blind conservatives who see that keeping Trump in office because he is a "conservative" is neither good for the country nor for conservatism.