Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US energy officials hail 'freedom gas,' 'molecules of freedom'
I really thought this was an Onion story....

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/29/politics/doe-freedom-gas-natural-gas/index.html

Quote:Washington(CNN)Two Department of Energy officials referred on Wednesday to natural gas produced in the US as "freedom gas" and "molecules of U.S. freedom" in a press release announcing the expansion of a natural gas facility in Texas.

The department announced the expansion of the Freeport LNG Terminal, a facility on Quintana Island, that produces liquified natural gas for export. The expansion of the facility will support an estimated 3,000 new jobs in the area, from construction to engineering, according to the department's release.

"Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America's allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy," Under Secretary of Energy Mark Menezes said.

Department officials announced the expansion at the Tenth Clean Energy Ministerial conference in Vancouver, Canada.

"I am pleased that the Department of Energy is doing what it can to promote an efficient regulatory system that allows for molecules of U.S. freedom to be exported to the world," Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy Steven Winberg, who signed the export order, said in the release.

The export order from will allow Freeport LNG to export up to 0.72 billion cubic feet per day of liquified natural gas from a fourth liquefaction train at the LNG Terminal. Right now, the facility can support exports of up to 5 billion cubic feet per day, but, with the expansion, that is set to double by 2020, the release states.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I believe it's abbreviation on the periodic table is USA.
Wtf. Screw off with this exporting of our fossil fuels. I was always a huge fan of hoarding resources.

So we are probably giving tax dollars to a private company who gets to make money hand over fist pumping finite resources out of our land and selling it to global competitors.
(05-31-2019, 09:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wtf. Screw off with this exporting of our fossil fuels. I was always a huge fan of hoarding resources.

So we are probably giving tax dollars to a private company who gets to make money hand over fist pumping finite resources out of our land and selling it to global competitors.

Who is going to buy it for the hoarding?  I know we keep a strategic reserve of fuels, but I don't think the gov't can buy it all.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-31-2019, 09:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is going to buy it for the hoarding?  I know we keep a strategic reserve of fuels, but I don't think the gov't can buy it all.  

By hoarding i meant not use. Give me a plan in action to get our species off this planet and i will feel better about bleeding my country dry of natural resources.
(05-31-2019, 09:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is going to buy it for the hoarding?  I know we keep a strategic reserve of fuels, but I don't think the gov't can buy it all.  

The reserves is also used to lessen market instability. If a hurricane or other type of event inpacts prices, they use some of the reserve to lessen the impact. If I understand that right. Someone like stewy could probably clarify that.
(05-31-2019, 01:38 PM)Benton Wrote: The reserves is also used to lessen market instability. If a hurricane or other type of event inpacts prices, they use some of the reserve to lessen the impact. If I understand that right. Someone like stewy could probably clarify that.

Yeah Bush or Obama I think released some oil due to high prices or something.  Can't recall the details, but I remember one of them doing it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Oil reserves are easy to store in really large amounts.

Not sure about liquified Natural gas. I believe it has to be stored in extreme high pressure to remain in liquid form..
BTW while everyone has a hard on about the US becoming a natural gas exporter lets ignore the consequences of fracking and wastewater injection that make it possible for us to extract all this natural gas.

Here is a chart of the number of earthquakes in Oklahoma.  Can you guess when Fracking started to become widespread in the state?

[Image: Graph_at_3.34.30_PM.png?1447022595]

Probably just a crazy coincidence, right?

Rolleyes
(05-31-2019, 01:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah Bush or Obama I think released some oil due to high prices or something.  Can't recall the details, but I remember one of them doing it.

I was thinking both did. One of those "obama is destroying the cou-... Wait... Bush did it? Obama can't get an original idea!"
(05-31-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW while everyone has a hard on about the US becoming a natural gas exporter lets ignore the consequences of fracking and wastewater injection that make it possible for us to extract all this natural gas.

Here is a chart of the number of earthquakes in Oklahoma.  Can you guess when Fracking started to become widespread in the state?

Rolleyes

It's not because of Climate Change?? I thought everything was.

In all seriousness, I lived there for 21 years, and never even knew what an earth quake was. Left there in 90's and thought it was a fairly safe place (other than tornadoes). And ya, it's a big coincidence, but someone's getting well greased pockets cause if I was in office that'd be one of the first things I make illegal.
(05-31-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW while everyone has a hard on about the US becoming a natural gas exporter lets ignore the consequences of fracking and wastewater injection that make it possible for us to extract all this natural gas.

Rolleyes

In fairness, that was about the time the tornadoes started to rise. Soooo... the extra earthquakes are probably just a result from all the extra tornadoes. 

Or the Apocalypse is starting in Tulsa.
Reminds me of in 2003 when they tried to brand "French fries" as "Freedom fries" because the French refused to back us in Iraq.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]