Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump the GOP's man
What are the odds businessman Trump bought himself favorable treatment from the New York government through his relationship and/or money to Hillary Clinton? If he's been waiting until the attacks from his own party stop to hammer her one-on-one, right now - while Clinton still has to deal with Sanders - would be the time to do it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(05-04-2016, 07:01 AM)xxlt Wrote: Outside your living room and Trump headquarters I do not think there has ever been a poll showing Trump beating Sanders or Clinton. Every poll I have seen of Trump vs Sanders has Sanders winning (often by) by double digits and every poll I have seen shows Clinton winning but by a much more narrow margin.

As to your statement polls are useless, yeah I guess all those polls before every election that Trump has won so far were useless, however they were also right. Same with the ones that predicted Hillary or Bernie from state to state. Technically useless, but highly predictive of the outcomes so far in this "interesting" year. One person's interesting is another person's tragic...

A couple of things.  First off, her inane position on the 2nd amendment aside I am a Hillary supporter.  If you recall from the old board I said years ago that she'd be the next POTUS.  Secondly, you clearly misunderstood, either willfully or otherwise, my point about predictive polling.  Polls about "potential" match ups mean very little.  All the polls you cited in your reply were conducted about actual, not hypothetical match ups.  I.e. what people say about what if is often quite a bit different from what they say about what is.

As for the tragic point, I doubt Trump could do more damage than eight years of Dick Cheney.  Although I will admit that the prospect of someone giving it a shot is frightening.
Welp. Looks like I've become a Trump supporter. Yay.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Somewhere on this board you can find where I said he doesn't have a chance at the nomination. Oh well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Not that it is really all that important, but I just saw NPR say that Kasich is expected to announce the suspension of his campaign today.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-04-2016, 01:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not that it is really all that important, but I just saw NPR say that Kasich is expected to announce the suspension of his campaign today.

Since the two of them started targeting different states, it's inevitable with Cruz dropping out. He's not been targeting the states that Cruz was, so all of those states will pretty much go to Trump now. Hell, Kasich was going to have a hard time just trying to keep up with Trump in the states that he was supposed to be focusing on.
(05-04-2016, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Since the two of them started targeting different states, it's inevitable with Cruz dropping out. He's not been targeting the states that Cruz was, so all of those states will pretty much go to Trump now. Hell, Kasich was going to have a hard time just trying to keep up with Trump in the states that he was supposed to be focusing on.

Kasich is still struggling to steal 3rd place from Rubio, forget about competing with Trump.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
I never thought he would get the party nomination.

This is going to get crazier than it already is.

What the hell is FoxNews going to do?
(05-04-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never thought he would get the party nomination.

Kiss the ring is my guess.  I realize the reasons people dislike/loathe Trump but a positive side effect has been that he's completely neutered Fox News as a kingmaker in GOP politics.  At least for the time being.
(05-04-2016, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never thought he would get the party nomination.

[Image: 13164274_1060354574001202_71112303432830...e=57E71424]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2016, 02:24 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Kasich is still struggling to steal 3rd place from Rubio, forget about competing with Trump.

It's official, Kasich has dropped out.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/john-kasich-drops-out/

Trump's the man now.
Time for him to focus on busting Hillary's chops.
What percent of Republicans vote 3rd party or Hillary?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Probably less than the % of Democrats that will vote for a 3rd Party or Trump :)
(05-04-2016, 07:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What percent of Republicans vote 3rd party or Hillary?

I can't imagine any republicans voting for Hillary.

If it was anyone else (mainstream) maybe...but not for a Clinton.
(05-04-2016, 07:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Probably less than the % of Democrats that will vote for a 3rd Party or Trump :)

I don't know. Gallup had trump at only a +9 net favorability with Republicans last month (43% unfavorable to 52% favorable) while Hillary was +36 (66% favorable to 30% unfavorable). 

(05-04-2016, 07:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I can't imagine any republicans voting for Hillary.

There's already rumblings. Even if not Hillary, someone like Gary Johnson.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-04-2016, 07:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I can't imagine any republicans voting for Hillary.

A lot of Republican's voted for Bill, but you're probably right.
The Fool me once thing will be kicking on those that voted for Bill last time.
(05-04-2016, 07:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: A lot of Republican's voted for Bill, but you're probably right.
The Fool me once thing will be kicking on those that voted for Bill last time.

I could see them voting for Bill.  He was smart enough to go with the flow when they controlled congress.  But they have it in for Hillary bad.
(05-04-2016, 07:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know. Gallup had trump at only a +9 net favorability with Republicans last month (43% unfavorable to 52% favorable) while Hillary was +36 (66% favorable to 30% unfavorable). 

There's already rumblings. Even if not Hillary, someone like Gary Johnson.

I'm sure when it matters the most, the Republican's will fall in line. Just cause he's unfavorable, doesn't mean that they won't vote for him if he's their only option.

If it was Joe Biden, I would bet at least 25-30% of Republicans would vote for him over Trump. As it is now, I believe more Democrats will vote for Trump over Clinton.
I have heard from GOP establishment types for months that they would vote Hillary over Trump. We will see when the actual vote comes, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR