Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to DHS: Can't we just nuke hurricanes?
(08-27-2019, 05:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I sometimes get the feeling that the anti-Trump parts of social media want Trump to use a nuke about 5000% more than even Trump wants to use a nuke, just so they could say they were right.

A Scale of 1-10, 1 being least wanting to use a nuke on people, 10 being most...

1: Sane Normal People
2: Trump, Israel, Russia
3: North Korea
4:
5: Iran
6:
7:
8:
9:
10: Anti-Trump Twitter

The guy asks every other week if he can nuke something. I'm not sure if he realizes the only person he has to check with is himself. I think he's really asking 'should I nuke this?'

Luckily, so far nobody has said "why haven't you yet?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-27-2019, 05:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I sometimes get the feeling that the anti-Trump parts of social media want Trump to use a nuke about 5000% more than even Trump wants to use a nuke, just so they could say they were right.

I don't think Trump critics are that cynical and insane as to actually root for that.
(08-27-2019, 09:00 PM)Benton Wrote: The guy asks every other week if he can nuke something. I'm not sure if he realizes the only person he has to check with is himself. I think he's really asking 'should I nuke this?'

Luckily, so far nobody has said "why haven't you yet?"

Hence why I didn't put him in the same category as Sane Normal People.

That said, more or less all of us on here have agreed that Trump's #1 goal is to be liked/respected. Ego being the biggest drive for his actions. You don't get that by ACTUALLY nuking someone. So he'll keep mentioning them because he has the biggest "button" and the biggest "nukes". Compensation, man.

He wants people to know he has the power to use a nuke. Not an actual desire to use one. One strokes his ego. The other would make the world think horribly of him (assuming it doesn't cause a chain of events to end the world). If you're dead, you can't make money. If the world ends, you can't make money. If there's nobody left, you can't be liked.

...At least that's my take on it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-28-2019, 08:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hence why I didn't put him in the same category as Sane Normal People.

That said, more or less all of us on here have agreed that Trump's #1 goal is to be liked/respected. Ego being the biggest drive for his actions. You don't get that by ACTUALLY nuking someone. So he'll keep mentioning them because he has the biggest "button" and the biggest "nukes". Compensation, man.

He wants people to know he has the power to use a nuke. Not an actual desire to use one. One strokes his ego. The other would make the world think horribly of him (assuming it doesn't cause a chain of events to end the world). If you're dead, you can't make money. If the world ends, you can't make money. If there's nobody left, you can't be liked.

...At least that's my take on it.

You hit the nail on the head.  He "talks tough" but would never actually do anything.  That's his whole life in a nutshell.

Not that anyone WANTS him to use nukes, just that I think him even TALKING about it makes him look weak and dumber (if that's possible) because we all know he won't do it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2019, 09:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think Trump critics are that cynical and insane as to actually root for that.

TDS is a very real thing. Spend a few minutes on a page like Occupy Democrats, a subreddit like r/politics, or twitter and you'll find people actively rooting for similar things. 

I mean since the day Trump took office there has been an article of some sort claiming a recession is coming any day now...any day now, but that is how markets work. People are rooting for a recession so they can blame Trump. The severity of the predicted recession of course just gets worse and worse. 

A lot of people are incredibly dumb. With that said "Trump humping" is just as real as TDS. I don't know what the solution for either is, but I do know less media would help. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
TDS is not a real thing. You guys crack me up. But yea, believe it's some real mental diagnosis.

I remember when rooting for America wasn't considered a disease. And professing love for Kim, Putin while attacking our Allies and calling on our enemy's to attack American citizens were frowned upon by most. Not to mention bragging about sexual assault etc. But yea, Trump supporters are fine with all that.

Now Trump supporters say those who don't agree with that have some made up disorder they try to sell as a "real thing".

Quick Question tho. Is ODS a real thing? Or all those attacks on Obama for 8 years just fine? Or wait, are folks trying to say Obama wasn't criticized an hated by Republicans? We remember and we think it's lame for you guys to think Trump is for some reason above all that given what all he's done (scandals).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: TDS is a very real thing. Spend a few minutes on a page like Occupy Democrats, a subreddit like r/politics, or twitter and you'll find people actively rooting for similar things. 

OK... idiots are everywhere. That doesn't really count. The ordinary Trump hater does not actively root for nukes, death and destruction still. Fringe groups, sure, like the Breitbart fringe group who daily fantazises about shooting up libs. Idiots are everywhere.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I mean since the day Trump took office there has been an article of some sort claiming a recession is coming any day now...

I don't find that to be the truth. I'm certain there were some articles somewhere earlier, but it was not a wide-spread thing, the immediate recession looming talk. This is changing now, due to some very real indicators. Heard you have some kind of inverted yield curve, which really is a shame... also, the DOW has lots of losing days these days and there's apparently a global economic downturn. These things are not made up.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: People are rooting for a recession so they can blame Trump.

I'd say it's rather so that Trump does not get reelected. It's a difference.
I'm not saying rooting for a recession so Trump's popularity decreases is a fine thing to do, but I harbored similar feelings once (not about Trump and the US) and a part of me gets it. Not that I am particularly fond of that part of mine, but well.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: A lot of people are incredibly dumb.

True.

(08-28-2019, 09:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: With that said "Trump humping" is just as real as TDS. I don't know what the solution for either is, but I do know less media would help. 

Trump not being like Trump would also help. I get blaming the media, I was quite shocked when I first realized how US media networks operate. Then again, despite all media scepticism, Trump is not normalcy at all. The whole media hysteria is part of Trump being Trump, eg. lying, rambling, speaking incoherently etc. etc. etc. I won't make a long list of Trump outlandishness, but he is extremely outlandish and that's not a media hype thing. That he polarizes that much is on him, not on the folks reporting on his extraordinary appearances day in and day out.

Or in other words, if Obama... I do not like that game, but choosing one example of literally thousands, if Obama had said he fell in love with Kim this would have been the talk for his whole term too and that would also not have been the media's fault.
(08-28-2019, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: TDS is not a real thing. You guys crack me up. But yea, believe it's some real mental diagnosis.

I remember when rooting for America wasn't considered a disease. And professing love for Kim, Putin while attacking our Allies and calling on our enemy's to attack American citizens were frowned upon by most. Not to mention bragging about sexual assault etc. But yea, Trump supporters are fine with all that.

Now Trump supporters say those who don't agree with that have some made up disorder they try to sell as a "real thing".

Quick Question tho. Is ODS a real thing? Or all those attacks on Obama for 8 years just fine? Or wait, are folks trying to say Obama wasn't criticized an hated by Republicans? We remember and we think it's lame for you guys to think Trump is for some reason above all that given what all he's done (scandals).

To be fair, the DSM doesn't classify "TDS" as a thing (so no, ODS isn't a real thing either). 

That said the DSM defines a mental disorder as, "a mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individuals cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior...mental disorders are usually associated with significiant distress in social, occupational, or other important activities." Trump really hasn't been around long enough to research the phenomenon thoroughly, and he'll be long gone by the time enough research would get done to justify adding it to the DSM.  

I've never claimed it's a real diagnosis, but I did say it was a real thing. I do think it is a loosely accurate term to describe the significant disturbance in cognition, emotional regulation, and behavior that Trump can cause. "Trump humping" isn't a real diagnosis either, but I also think that is a loosely accurate term to describe the worship and blind following that some Trump supporters portray. 
(08-28-2019, 12:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Dude. You're the shining example of TDS on this board.  Hilarious 

TDS isn't real guy. No matter how much you believe it is. This is not a medical disease. Trump gets no more criticism the Obama did the last 8 years. Hell he was criticized so hatefully he had to prove he was American.

We can't even get Trumps taxes.

You trying to prove this is a real disease is kinda sad (no offense).

You love Trump. Ok. That doesn't mean we all have to like a man who attacks our VETS, colludes with and professes their love for our enemies. Attacks our allies, lies daily conning his supporters (and having them think those who don't get conned have some sort of disease that coincidently has his name in it; ego boost much) and is really nothing more than a Twitter troll, who brags about sexually assaulting women.

The fact yall think those who don't like this behavior in a POTUS speaks more about you guys then it does any pro American.

(08-28-2019, 12:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: TDS isn't real guy. No matter how much you believe it is. This is not a medical disease. Trump gets no more criticism the Obama did the last 8 years. Hell he was criticized so hatefully he had to prove he was American.

We can't even get Trumps taxes.

You trying to prove this is a real disease is kinda sad (no offense).

Dude did you read the rest of my post? Here it is in case you missed it. I do apologize for the personal attack. It was out of line.

Quote:To be fair, the DSM doesn't classify "TDS" as a thing (so no, ODS isn't a real thing either). 

That said the DSM defines a mental disorder as, "a mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individuals cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior...mental disorders are usually associated with significiant distress in social, occupational, or other important activities." Trump really hasn't been around long enough to research the phenomenon thoroughly, and he'll be long gone by the time enough research would get done to justify adding it to the DSM.  

I've never claimed it's a real diagnosis, but I did say it was a real thing. I do think it is a loosely accurate term to describe the significant disturbance in cognition, emotional regulation, and behavior that Trump can cause. "Trump humping" isn't a real diagnosis either, but I also think that is a loosely accurate term to describe the worship and blind following that some Trump supporters portray. 

It's not a real disease. I would argue it is a real phenomenon though. I would be very interested in reading any research articles on Trumps affect on his supporters and opponents, but there isn't really much out there, and probably won't be. 

I do have a feeling the results would be very similar to a research article I shared in another thread on political zombies. Really good read. I highly recommend it. https://www.nber.org/papers/w19080.pdf
At least Dems didn't make up some syndrome or disease during Obama's 8 years to chastise those who criticized him.

Trump supporters claiming he's causing some mental disorder is just another attempt to boost his insecure ego.

If anyone is paying attention, Trump is in full blown attack of Puerto Rico ahead of the hurricane.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 1h1 hour ago
Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth. Their political system is broken and their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt. Congress approved Billions of Dollars last time, more than anyplace else has ever gotten, and it is sent to Crooked Pols. No good!....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 1h1 hour ago

....And by the way, I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to Puerto Rico!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 4h4 hours ago
We are tracking closely tropical storm Dorian as it heads, as usual, to Puerto Rico. FEMA and all others are ready, and will do a great job. When they do, let them know it, and give them a big Thank You - Not like last time. That includes from the incompetent Mayor of San Juan!

As being stated on social media, he doesn't really want to Nuke the Hurricane, he wants to Nuke Puerto Rico and use the Hurricane as an excuse.

(08-27-2019, 03:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO.....I honestly haven't bothered to dissect whether Trump is an absolute idiot, or the GOAT troll....

Newsflash - Trump isn't actually this stupid.  No one is except, apparently, the far left media ********.  And their legion of useful idiots.

LMFAO.....You can't tell the difference unless you dissect it?

That's almost as funny as the times you've claimed you weren't going to prove climate change is a hoax by posting the studies you claimed don't prove climate change.  As if junk science could prove something.  Or that you could prove climate change was true or false by linking an article . . . to junk. Then claim others don't understand science.  F'n hilarious.  Truly.

Talk about your useful idiots.
(08-28-2019, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: LMFAO.....You can't tell the difference unless you dissect it?

That's almost as funny as the times you've claimed you weren't going to prove climate change is a hoax by posting the studies you claimed don't prove climate change.  As if junk science could prove something.  Or that you could prove climate change was true or false by linking an article . . . to junk. Then claim others don't understand science.  F'n hilarious.  Truly.

Talk about your useful idiots.

LOL... you still don't understand data mining even after it's explained multiple times (and which I know you do understand, but you're too embarassed to lose an argument).   I proved you have no clue what you're talking about.   You're still mocking me for arguments I've told you multiple times I didn't make....but somehow you won't get banned for lying about what I said but if I call you a useful idiot I would.  Just the way the board operates.

And you're a doctor?!?   God help the patients you treat.   Please tell me you aren't big on magnets.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-28-2019, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbresech Wrote: LMFAO.....You can't tell the difference unless you dissect it?

Let's just break this down.  Do you actually think Trump wanted to nuke a hurricane?  After nearly 3 years you still don't know the game he's playing? He may be dumb, but c'mon don't get bukkaked by the fake news.

That's his shtick.  He triggers people like you to overreact, and that rallies his base.  You go "OMG he's Satan" and his base is energized to oppose the, errrrr, opposition. He's worse than a career politician - he's a career marketer/brander. And he's a savant at turning bad press into momentum.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-30-2019, 04:21 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL... you still don't understand data mining even after it's explained multiple times (and which I know you do understand, but you're too embarassed to lose an argument).

Really?  Where did you explain data mining a single time let alone multiple times?  I specifically asked you your level of expertise with data mining, meteorology, and atmospheric sciences in order to gauge your credentials and unsurprisingly you didn't answer.

I've readily admitted my experience includes a single statistics course at Miami University and an Earth Science course at a podunk little high school in southern Ohio that taught the three Rs; readin', riitin', rasslin'.

I will readily admit I don't have the necessary education, training, and experience required to critique a journal article on the technical merits of the logarithms they used to mine the data.  The same applies to atmospheric science.  So what are the chances you do?  I'd say slim to none.  Which is why I've asked.  Based upon your answer, which was no answer at all, I'd judge my assumption to be correct.

Quote:I proved you have no clue what you're talking about.

That wouldn't be difficult since I've admitted multiple times I haven't read a single journal article about climate change.  Therefore my mind is completely open to climate change and how humans impact it.  I've been waiting for years for you to post the first article which you claim is junk science so I can judge for myself.  Not what a Wall Street Journal editorial tells you to believe written by some other dude with no formal education, training, or experience in data mining or atmospheric science.

Quote:You're still mocking me for arguments I've told you multiple times I didn't make....but somehow you won't get banned for lying about what I said but if I call you a useful idiot I would.  Just the way the board operates.

Okay, let's see exactly what you wrote . . .

Here's your claim climate change is junk science . . .
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-THE-ALT-RIGHT-HAILS-ITS-VICTORIOUS-GOD-EMPEROR?pid=323843#pid323843

Here's your claim you aren't going to prove a hoax by showing me one of those junk science climate change articles you read . . .
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-THE-ALT-RIGHT-HAILS-ITS-VICTORIOUS-GOD-EMPEROR?pid=323861#pid323861

You wrote exactly what I claimed you did and there is the evidence in black and white.  I have zero fear I'll be banned for lying when I can show that easily that I didn't.  LOL

Quote:And you're a doctor?!?   God help the patients you treat.   Please tell me you aren't big on magnets.

No, I'm not a doctor.  I've made no secret that I'm a physician assistant.  I've never presented myself as a doctor instead of a physician assistant.  And I've always corrected those who have made that mistake like I'm correcting you now.  I've been nothing, but forthcoming with my credentials to the point I'm certain some around here are sick of hearing them.

If you can't get that simple fact straight, I have almost zero confidence in you ability to understand data mining.  However, I do have an open mind and evidence can change my opinion.
(08-30-2019, 04:26 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Let's just break this down.  Do you actually think Trump wanted to nuke a hurricane?  After nearly 3 years you still don't know the game he's playing?  He may be dumb, but c'mon don't get bukkaked by the fake news.

That's his shtick.  He triggers people like you to overreact, and that rallies his base.  You go "OMG he's Satan" and his base is energized to oppose the, errrrr, opposition.  He's worse than a career politician - he's a career marketer/brander.  And he's a savant at turning bad press into momentum.

Triggers people like me to overreact?

Let's see your evidence that indicates I overreacted to the report Trump inquired into nuking a hurricane.

Because my only reaction was to your inability to tell if Trump is an idiot or a troll without dissecting it.  The obvious answer is Trump is both an idiot and a troll.  No dissection required.  You just inadvertently admitted as much with your response above.  Thanks for proving my point.