Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel accused of planting mysterious spy devices near the White House
(09-13-2019, 12:30 PM)Benton Wrote: Depends. Is it true?

Edit to add: I get trying to cast shade on the media as the bad guy in Trump dismissing a foreign power to spy on the government, but it's not known how much of the info came from an unnamed source and how much came from open records.

If Israel is NOT spying on us then they drop several notches on my scale of respect. 

And of course they would/should deny it.  

There should be a "private scolding" of Israel, though, even if we are spying on them. That is the disturbing part of the article.

This is my favorite part:

This article has been updated to clarify that Daniel Benjamin had no knowledge of the alleged Israeli spying, and that the Israeli official he was speaking with was a former official at the time of their conversation.

LOL getting all their ducks in a row. Guys are so careful about clarifying their official status at any point they were sources of info. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-13-2019, 03:11 PM)Dill Wrote:
If Israel is NOT spying on us then they drop several notches on my scale of respect. 

And of course they would/should deny it.  

There should be a "private scolding" of Israel, though, even if we are spying on them. That is the disturbing part of the article.

This is my favorite part:

This article has been updated to clarify that Daniel Benjamin had no knowledge of the alleged Israeli spying, and that the Israeli official he was speaking with was a former official at the time of their conversation.

LOL getting all their ducks in a row. Guys are so careful about clarifying their official status at any point they were sources of info. 

To the private scolding, there may have been. And that would be acceptable.

We spy on countries, countries spy on us. It's not a cause to go to war or break an alliance, but there has to be at least a "hey, don't do that again" otherwise you're inviting it in. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]