Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION
(04-08-2024, 08:17 PM)Dill Wrote: Agreed. Finding a super rich father who could spot you 40 million here or there is a full-time job and more.

Sometimes I get the impression Dino isn't even interested in becoming a billionaire.  

So out of jealousy he's criticizing the super smart guy who has managed to grift ordinary
middle class Americans into footing his legal bills. A model for aspiring youth. 

Plus that guy could become president and grift the entire nation then. 

Republicans LOVE people who pull themselves up by their bootstraps.  Why they hate Obama who went from a mud hut in Kenya or Biden who became president after being born in Scrotum Pennsylvania and they love people like Trump or Tucker Carlson who inherited a buttload of money is just some sort of inexplicable outlier. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Republicans LOVE people who pull themselves up by their bootstraps.  Why they hate Obama who went from a mud hut in Kenya or Biden who became president after being born in Scrotum Pennsylvania and they love people like Trump or Tucker Carlson who inherited a buttload of money is just some sort of inexplicable outlier. 

Well Liberals keep knocking him down and he keeps getting back up. 

Soo it's staring to get inspiring..
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 09:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well Liberals keep knocking him down and he keeps getting back up. 

Ah yes, I'm sure if "liberals" just let Trump do whatever he wanted and walk all over "them" the people who find Trump inspirational would get sick of his constant winning and abandon him.  Also, if it were only liberals who took issue with Trump he wouldn't have to say RINO every 3 seconds.

Trump does spin a good story, though. I sincerely doubt people who love Trump rally around other repeat offenders with such vigor. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 09:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well Liberals keep knocking him down and he keeps getting back up. 

Eh, Trump knocks himself down a lot by creating businesses that he puts zero thought into and then them failing.  

I mean it wasn't "liberals" who told him to make his own university and then lie about almost everything about it and get sued and shut down, for example.

It wasn't liberals that ruined Trump Steaks, Trump Water, Trump Airlines, etc.

And it sure isn't liberals sending Trump "donations" to prop him up, pay for fines, fund his legal defense team, etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
What happens to Trump after they disclose he (and his buddies) shorted his own stock in this BS platform? How much $ from his blind sheeps Social Security checks went into this ? .....the irony
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah yes, I'm sure if "liberals" just let Trump do whatever he wanted and walk all over "them" the people who find Trump inspirational would get sick of his constant winning and abandon him.  Also, if it were only liberals who took issue with Trump he wouldn't have to say RINO every 3 seconds.

Trump does spin a good story, though. I sincerely doubt people who love Trump rally around other repeat offenders with such vigor. 

Two ways to get rid of Trump.
One that will never happen, Media needs to stop talking about how he wipes with is left or right hand.
Two, be POTUS and do a second term then he's not eligible for another. To be fair, I don't think Trump or Biden will be able to finish another term. 

(04-09-2024, 08:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, Trump knocks himself down a lot by creating businesses that he puts zero thought into and then them failing.  

I mean it wasn't "liberals" who told him to make his own university and then lie about almost everything about it and get sued and shut down, for example.

It wasn't liberals that ruined Trump Steaks, Trump Water, Trump Airlines, etc.

And it sure isn't liberals sending Trump "donations" to prop him up, pay for fines, fund his legal defense team, etc.

You are too predictable, Just say "Trump" and you come running with just as much Vile and Hatred as you can. To me its almost as if you are mini=wannabe-Trump.  

(04-09-2024, 10:33 AM)kalibengal Wrote: What happens to Trump after they disclose he (and his buddies)  shorted his own stock in this BS platform? How much $ from his blind sheeps Social Security checks went into this ? .....the irony

The irony is that it's highly unlikely that the people you are trying to describe even invest in the stock market. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Two ways to get rid of Trump.
One that will never happen, Media needs to stop talking about how he wipes with is left or right hand.
Two, be POTUS and do a second term then he's not eligible for another. To be fair, I don't think Trump or Biden will be able to finish another term. 

You are too predictable, Just say "Trump" and you come running with just as much Vile and Hatred as you can. To me its almost as if you are mini=wannabe-Trump.  

The irony is that it's highly unlikely that the people you are trying to describe even invest in the stock market. 

The entire thread is about Trump and I responded to a post about Trump that you are posting about Trump in.

More to the point...was I wrong?  Or is it personal with you?
Reply/Quote
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-no-longer-bloomberg-billionaires-163305392.html

Quote:Trump no longer on Bloomberg Billionaires Index after Truth Social stock plummets

Bailey Schulz, USA TODAY
Tue, Apr 9, 2024, 12:33 PM EDT2 min read

Trump Media shares have been slipping. So has Donald Trump’s net worth.

Trump is no longer listed on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s 500 richest people, after the stock price for Trump Media – the parent company behind the former president’s social media company Truth Social – took a nosedive.

Shares dipped 12% on Friday, 8% on Monday and were down another 2% late Tuesday morning to trade at $36.35. That’s down more than 50% since its peak of $79.38 in late March.

Tuesday has been the stock’s lowest trading day since Trump Media merged with the public shell company Digital World Acquisition Corp. and started trading under the ticker to DJT on March 26.
[Image: 3971a2bfa718003ccd7f368a2aae3f25]
This photo illustration shows an image of former President Donald Trump reflected in a phone screen that is displaying the Truth Social app.
The price dip has wiped out billions of dollars from the company’s market value. After being valued at nearly $8 billion after its stock market debut just two weeks ago, the company's valuation was closer to $5 billion as of Monday evening.

How much is Donald Trump worth?
Trump Media’s stock has been volatile since its launch two weeks ago, which means the former president’s net worth has also seen some major swings.

Trump – who owns roughly 60% of Trump Media with 78.75 million shares  – saw his stake worth as much as $6 billion after the company went public, earning him a spot on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

DJT stock hits turbulence: More volatility ahead for Trump's high-flying Truth Social

As of Monday afternoon, the value of his stake was hovering closer to $3 billion – at least on paper. Trump cannot offload his shares until September without approval from the Trump Media board.

Forbes listed Trump’s current net worth at $4.7 billion as of late Tuesday morning, making him the 664th richest person in the world. Currently, the lowest net worth included in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index ‒ which measures personal wealth based on changes in the market, the economy and Bloomberg reporting ‒ is $5.82 billion.

How much is Trump Media worth?
While the company’s value has dipped in recent days, $5 billion is still a high price tag for a company that lost more than $58 million with a revenue of $4 million in 2023.

Experts have said the company is overvalued compared with other social media platforms, thanks in part to investments by Trump supporters. Shortly before the company went public, an auditing firm warned that Trump Media’s operating losses “raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern.”

Trump defended the company on Truth Social last week, writing that he believes the company is “very solid” and "growing fast."
"If it didn’t work, or properly get the word out, I wouldn’t use it - But it does work, and work really well - And the fun is just getting started!!!" one post reads in part.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trump no longer on Bloomberg Billionaires Index after Trump Media dip
[url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/04/09/trump-media-stock-price-dip/73260727007/][/url]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: The entire thread is about Trump and I responded to a post about Trump that you are posting about Trump in.

More to the point...was I wrong?  Or is it personal with you?

Trump is your daddy
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Two ways to get rid of Trump.

I'm not so sure either of those would get rid of Trump. After the 2020 election and 1/6 there seemed to be a sort of "OK, well that's got to be the end of Trump" sigh of relief from both sides as politics was supposedly going to get back to normal and 2024 was going to be not Biden VS not Trump, but that didn't last long.  A lot of folks on the right weren't exactly gleeful that Trump wasn't snuffed out after losing like everyone else would have been so the Trump show is going to continue whether anyone wants it or not.

Trump losing in 2024 will just open the door for another "it was rigged" cycle that will take years and/or Trump running in 2028.  Trump winning in 2024 will establish him as the sole voice in the GOP and his influence will be part of the GOP until he dies and with the way people refuse to accept that celebrities die, who knows if that will even stop it.

I don't think Biden or Trump are up for the rigors of being president, but I also don't see a second Trump term being one where he surrounds himself with anyone who isn't 100% loyal to his particular brand of um politics.  Then again, Biden and Trump are both within "dead in 4 years" age, but man...Trump dying in office would open the door to people going ape about him faking his death or being assassinated or all manner of insanity.

Also, Trump being so enamored with Putin who pulled an "elect me and I'll totally honor the terms and rules.....sike!!!! I'm leader for like...a long ass time now!" may not be a written guarantee he'd do the same, but it certainly wouldn't floor me if he did.  Of course the most important aspect of this is that enough voters would be all for this.

Anyways, Trump is like cancer...we've got it so badly that you just don't clap your hands and make it go away and at this point our society is so full of Trump that any attempt to remove him will result in absolute agony and death.  We're stuck.  Whether in your personal life or politics...never let a narcissist in, because you'll never again have the control needed to get him/her out.

(04-09-2024, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump is your daddy

He isn't, but coincidentally my mom is buried on a golf course. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump is your daddy

I doubt it since my Dad knows my name.

But I see you still have nothing in response to facts but personal shots. Seems on point.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-10-181053.png]

https://www.barrons.com/articles/djt-truth-social-trump-media-stock-price-6acedadd
Reply/Quote
Yes, maybe the SEC should take a deeper look into Truth.   Smirk

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-21-105329.png]

Trump is the Warden from Shawshank.

Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/04/23/trump-truth-social-stock-price-bonus/73423982007/

Quote:Trump to receive 36 million additional shares of Truth Social parent company, worth $1.17 billion
[Image: 71583656007-crowley-kinsey.jpg?crop=1854...&auto=webp]Kinsey Crowley
USA TODAY

Former President Donald Trump has met the requirement to receive up to 36 million additional shares of Trump Media, worth $1.17 billion at Tuesday's close.

The earnout bonus, a potential for a future windfall, if the company meets financial goals, is a provision in the merger agreement with Digital World Acquisition Corp., according to an SEC filing. It states Trump is entitled to the additional shares if the stock price stays above certain thresholds for 20 days out of any 30 trading days.

Trump already owned 60% of the company with 78.75 million shares. Even though the DJT stock price nosedived a few weeks after debuting on the stock market, it has stayed well above the $17.50 per share threshold in its 20 trading days. The lowest it has been since its March 26 debut is $22.84 per share on April 16.

The influx of more than a billion dollars to Trump's wealth comes as he sits trial in Manhattan for 34 counts of falsifying business records.

Trump Media stock price
At close on April 23, Trump Media & Technology Group Corp shares held steady at $32.56, down 8.28% from the previous close.

How parent company of Truth Social went public

Trump founded his social media company in 2021 after being booted from other major platforms following the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.

Trump Media went public on the Nasdaq on March 26, 2024 through a merger with shell company Digital World Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. The merger was announced in 2021.

Trump's debut on the stock market was splashy, with Trump Media shares soaring, helped partly by – and to the delight of – his loyal MAGA supporters.

But regulatory filings show the company was operating at a loss in 2023, making approximately $4 million in revenue while losing more than $58 million. Accounting firm BF Borgers CPA PC said in a letter to Trump Media shareholders the operating losses “raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern.”

Experts have told USA TODAY they expect the stock's price to remain volatile.

Trump's legal cases come with mounting price tag

Trump Media share prices have fallen significantly since it went public, coming down more than 60% by April 15, the first day of his first of four criminal trials.

Trump also was ordered to pay a combined $537 million across two civil cases earlier this year, both of which he is appealing.

At one point, the Trump Media shares were a potential source of funding to make those payments.

But in April, he posted a reduced bond of $175 million fronted by California billionaire Don Hankey to prevent his assets from being seized in a fraud case.

Contributing: Bailey Schulz, Jessica GuynnJeanine Santucci; USA TODAY
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 02:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-no-longer-bloomberg-billionaires-163305392.html

[url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2024/04/09/trump-media-stock-price-dip/73260727007/][/url]

LOL

Your article says Trump's stock is still worth 3 BILLION. My OP said stock was worth 2 to 4 billion.Looks like I was accurate, so why the fuss.

I lost $100K last week in my IRA, it was a bad week for a lot of investors. 

As of Monday afternoon, the value of his stake was hovering closer to $3 billion – at least on paper. Trump cannot offload his shares until September without approval from the Trump Media board.

Forbes listed Trump’s current net worth at $4.7 billion as of late Tuesday morning, making him the 664th richest person in the world.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Your article says Trump's stock is still worth 3 BILLION. My OP said stock was worth 2 to 4 billion.Looks like I was accurate, so why the fuss.

I lost $100K last week in my IRA, it was a bad week for a lot of investors. 

Forbes listed Trump’s current net worth at $4.7 billion as of late Tuesday morning, making him the 664th richest person in the world.

Couple points:

1) "on paper"

2) I think we should be upset that at 4.7B someone is the 664th wealthiest person in the world.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 12:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Couple points:

1) "on paper"

2) I think we should be upset that at 4.7B someone is the 664th wealthiest person in the world.

I think a better question is why a very rich man would risk an all assault on him, his business and all known associates. 

Do you think the Democrats try and jail and bankrupt him if he did not run for a second term?

The answer is simple, he knew it, but he is running for us against a corrupt POTUS Biden, a corrupt DOJ, a corrupt F.B.I. and knows 4 more years of Biden will kill the American dream. Crime will continue to skyrocket, illegal immigrants will be treated better than our own, China will go after Taiwan and his answer will be for the middle class to pay more taxes so he can forgive a $250,000 student loan for a 49-year-old violin player who refused to switch careers. I don't know about you, but that ticks me off. He is just one of many examples of loan abuse Biden decided to pass on the debt to every taxpayer. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think a better question is why a very rich man would risk an all assault on him, his business and all known associates. 

Do you think the Democrats try and jail and bankrupt him if he did not run for a second term?

The answer is simple, he knew it, but he is running for us against a corrupt POTUS Biden, a corrupt DOJ, a corrupt F.B.I. and knows 4 more years of Biden will kill the American dream. Crime will continue to skyrocket, illegal immigrants will be treated better than our own, China will go after Taiwan and his answer will be for the middle class to pay more taxes so he can forgive a $250,000 student loan for a 49-year-old violin player who refused to switch careers. I don't know about you, but that ticks me off. He is just one of many examples of loan abuse Biden decided to pass on the debt to every taxpayer. 

I've made it perfectly clear:  If Trump's ego didn't get in his own way he'd still be the darling of the media, spouting off his nonsense with very little pushback.

But he decided that he wanted to be the big fish and got all the eyes on him.  And he doesn't have the money, time or smarts to take on the federal government when he decides he is above the law.

Trump announced he was running for a 2nd term the day after he was inaugurated.

He announced this run right after he lost.

He know that running for POTUS allows him to bank money and cry "ELECTION INTERFERENCE!" every time he loses in court.
Reply/Quote