Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION
(04-05-2024, 10:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-seethes-truth-socials-stock-173630276.html

Holy Cow. Another left-leaning organization writes an article. Who would have thunk?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: What people like you don't get though is it is not jealousy.

First off, we are misusing the term jealousy here when I think we're really talking about envy, but this got me to thinking of whom I'd actually be envious.  I'd have to go with Fred Rogers, because he lived a great life and was loved by his family, friends, and virtually everyone on the planet who never even met him...that's more admiration than envy, but you get the idea.  At times I wonder if Mr. Rodgers was so beloved and wholesome that he'd be immune to our society's zeal to label damn near everyone a pedophile if he were still alive today.

The other person would be the other guy from WHAM.  I don't like WHAM, but that other guy had pretty much no talent and knew it and he rode the wave and played the game and then got out and had his fortunes set by the time he was like 25.  He didn't do drugs or blow his money and he married a woman who I assume was the least talented member of Bananarama and they just live a nice easy life.

(04-05-2024, 10:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Holy Cow. Another left-leaning organization writes an article. Who would have thunk?

Yahoo stock is at $114.67 per share...u jelly bro?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 10:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Holy Cow. Another left-leaning organization writes an article. Who would have thunk?

Lost a lot on that stock, eh?

All seriousness aside are you just denying that the stock keeps dropping AND two people pled guilty to insider trading?

Are you that deep in the kool aid?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 11:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lost a lot on that stock, eh?

All seriousness aside are you just denying that the stock keeps dropping AND two people pled guilty to insider trading?

Are you that deep in the kool aid?  Mellow

What stock? Me thinks your talking about DJT. I don't own any but I may in the future when it gets to where it should be, like maybe $2. I think it's an interesting stock and an emotional one. People will buy that stock just because of the ticker. Those are not good investments. I do have fun watching it. But maybe your not talking about that. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 11:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What stock? Me thinks your talking about DJT. I don't own any but I may in the future when it gets to where it should be, like maybe $2. I think it's an interesting stock and an emotional one. People will buy that stock just because of the ticker. Those are not good investments. I do have fun watching it. But maybe your not talking about that. 

He's not, he's more excited about it failing than he is going out and voting for Biden.

But doesn't seem to understand that almost all new stocks start off with a bang then fall some til they reach the spot where they really should be.
No one knows what this stock will actually be worth til it gets there.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 04:48 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's not, he's more excited about it failing than he is going out and voting for Biden.

But doesn't seem to understand that almost all new stocks start off with a bang then fall some til they reach the spot where they really should be.

That's because the speculative markets aren't really measures of any real value. It's just all gambling. It's really just a more socially acceptable version of astrology.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 04:48 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's not, he's more excited about it failing than he is going out and voting for Biden.

Honestly I get a kick out of the folks who think Trump is some brilliant businessman/strategist spinning themselves into the ground over the "billions he made" as it all collapses like everything he touches that ISN'T his father's business.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 07:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I get a kick out of the folks who think Trump is some brilliant businessman/strategist spinning themselves into the ground over the "billions he made" as it all collapses like everything he touches that ISN'T his father's business.

I also get a real kick out of you mocking people's understanding of financial markets.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 07:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I get a kick out of the folks who think Trump is some brilliant businessman/strategist spinning themselves into the ground over the "billions he made" as it all collapses like everything he touches that ISN'T his father's business.

I will say again, if it is so easy, go start a business and in 2 short years have a value of low end 2 billion (after the losses) or high end was 5.3 billion. 

On a separate note, Trump's fundraiser tonight projected to raise over 50 million bucks, money for his campaign, the GOP and the part you will love, pay his legal bills.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 11:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will say again, if it is so easy, go start a business and in 2 short years have a value of low end 2 billion (after the losses) or high end was 5.3 billion. 

On a separate note, Trump's fundraiser tonight projected to raise over 50 million bucks, money for his campaign, the GOP and the part you will love, pay his legal bills.

If he is so rich, why in the hell does he need other’s to pay his bills?

And whoopee for $50 million….if that is actually what they took in. He does have a slight exaggeration habit. Biden has about $100 million more on hand than Trump and the Republicans. And his big donors aren’t maxed out like Trump’s well. We shall see how the numbers play out at the end of the month when they have to report their finances

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 11:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will say again, if it is so easy, go start a business and in 2 short years have a value of low end 2 billion (after the losses) or high end was 5.3 billion. 

Well first I need my dad to start a business and then to get other people to seed the business while I do nothing.

That's a game I'm not allowed to play due to the misfortune of being born poor.

Starting a business is easy.  Getting funding is not.

But YOU said Trump invested hundreds of millions of dollars.  He didn't.  The stock is plummeting as the pump and dump players make their money.

If Trump wasn't running for POTUS he couldn't have access to "fundraisers" and he'd be broke by now.  Luckily our political system allowed his family to take over the finances of the republican party!  He's fine until he completely drains that too.
Reply/Quote
You guys are advocating with people who cheer when their beloved succeed to drink with only one hand.

That timeline is unreal.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Maybe Lara Trump can also cover "Free Falling"?

[Image: GKpcvSzW4AAV2lu?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe Lara Trump can also cover "Free Falling"?

[Image: GKpcvSzW4AAV2lu?format=jpg&name=large]

How many times do we have to cover this?
Wait for it to normalize. 

Anyways though, i'm not worried about Trump's money, just  mine as you should be as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 02:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How many times do we have to cover this?

Anyways though, i'm not worried about Trump's money, just  mine as you should be as well.

Don't like it? Don't read it.

And why should I be worried about your money?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 02:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Don't like it? Don't read it.

And why should I be worried about your money?  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 02:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How many times do we have to cover this?

In all seriousness, what we see with DJT is a part of a larger trend in the speculative market that drives overall instability in the markets. Of course, that isn't the way people tend to talk about all of this but that is something that really needs to be considered in these conversations.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 08:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well first I need my dad to start a business and then to get other people to seed the business while I do nothing.

That's a game I'm not allowed to play due to the misfortune of being born poor.

So another Democrat blames a poor birth for the fact he is not a billionaire.

"Whine Whine my father didn't give me 40 million to start."

I'm sorry but a real go getter wouldn't sit on his ass like that.

He'd go out and FIND a father with 40 million for a start up.

I've spent over 50 years looking for someone with 40 million to back me,
but you don't hear me blaming the system because I'm still poor.

I clearly have not worked hard enough.

But if I had, I'd be a billionaire too, and damned happy for more Trump tax cuts.

Also, getting others to pay your bills is part of being billionaire.

So don't fault Trump for that. Billionaires are just a step ahead of the rest of us.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 05:46 PM)Dill Wrote: So another Democrat blames a poor birth for the fact he is not a billionaire.

"Whine Whine my father didn't give me 40 million to start."

I'm sorry but a real go getter wouldn't sit on his ass like that.

He'd go out and FIND a father with 40 million for a start up.

I've spent over 50 years looking for someone with 40 million to back me,
but you don't hear me blaming the system because I'm still poor.

I clearly have not worked hard enough.

But if I had, I'd be a billionaire too, and damned happy for more Trump tax cuts.

Also, getting others to pay your bills is part of being billionaire.

So don't fault Trump for that. Billionaires are just a step ahead of the rest of us.

As Dino has already pointed out, it all depends on your real priorities. And it's not something  you can do in your spare time, you have to put in the effort.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 07:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As Dino has already pointed out, it all depends on your real priorities. And it's not something  you can do in your spare time, you have to put in the effort.

Agreed. Finding a super rich father who could spot you 40 million here or there is a full-time job and more.

Sometimes I get the impression Dino isn't even interested in becoming a billionaire.  

So out of jealousy he's criticizing the super smart guy who has managed to grift ordinary
middle class Americans into footing his legal bills. A model for aspiring youth. 

Plus that guy could become president and grift the entire nation then. 
Reply/Quote