Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua failed at least one team’s physical
(04-10-2020, 12:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A team who wants to draft Tua leaks this to create doubt.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors this time of year, that's for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What do guys like Tannenbaum or Lombardi have to gain by putting this out there?

Lombardi gains listeners.

He doesn’t have any proof. And of course, the team that flunked him on his physical isn’t mentioned. And remind me why did he fail the physical? And it gets leaked two weeks before the draft when teams can’t do physicals?
Reply/Quote
The Miami Herald is reporting something that might indicate that no one should trade up for Tua?

Oh man.

That's so crazy and coincidental.
Reply/Quote
I’d laugh if NE and traded up to get him just to mess up miami
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 08:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Lombardi gains listeners.

He doesn’t have any proof. And of course, the team that flunked him on his physical isn’t mentioned. And remind me why did he fail the physical? And it gets leaked two weeks before the draft when teams can’t do physicals?

It’s supposedly 2 teams that have flunked him.

“It’s even harder with a guy who can’t stay healthy. That’s my point. Two teams I’ve talked to have flunked him. They flunked him on not just the hip, but on the multitude of injuries. The risk far outweighs the reward.”

I mean, could it be a smokescreen? I guess, but personally I believe it. I’m sure there’s a lot more than 2 teams that wouldn’t dare take Tua in the 1st round. Let alone top 5 - top 10.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 04:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s supposedly 2 teams that have flunked him.

“It’s even harder with a guy who can’t stay healthy. That’s my point. Two teams I’ve talked to have flunked him. They flunked him on not just the hip, but on the multitude of injuries. The risk far outweighs the reward.”

I mean, could it be a smokescreen? I guess, but personally I believe it. I’m sure there’s a lot more than 2 teams that wouldn’t dare take Tua in the 1st round. Let alone top 5 - top 10.

Joel Klatt earlier today said Tua's problem is that he's not as elusive as he thinks he is, that his injuries came on plays where he thought he could escape but he couldn't.  And that will only become more glaring at the next level.

Granted, with work, that could be fixed, but under duress, bad habits tend to flare up.

That could be seen as a pretty big flaw in a small QB's game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:04 PM)McC Wrote: It might be borderline health privacy violation.  But would somebody report this if it wasn't true?  Not from a journalistic ehtics pov, because such a thing no longer exists, but from a libel pov.

I kind think it might be true.

Who would be behind the smoke?

Billichick.....
Reply/Quote
Why would Belichick want Tua? He’s had an absolute Ironman at QB for 20 years. How many games did Brady miss in all that time? Sure wasn’t many. The year Cassel played most of the season, and the one Brissett and Jimmy G played a few games. That’s it.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would Belichick want Tua? He’s had an absolute Ironman at QB for 20 years. How many games did Brady miss in all that time? Sure wasn’t many. The year Cassel played most of the season, and the one Brissett and Jimmy G played a few games. That’s it.

Let's say this is Belichick putting out the rumor, he may simply be trying to put doubt in Miami's minds. Maybe Miami suddenly decides that they can take Tua with a later 1st round pick, or don't want him at all. Then New England doesn't have to see him twice a year. Now this is lying season, so most people will just brush this off and we'll probably see Tua go to Miami anyways. However, someone always throws out the truth leading up to the draft. There's always a long game being played.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:48 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Let's say this is Belichick putting out the rumor, he may simply be trying to put doubt in Miami's minds. Maybe Miami suddenly decides that they can take Tua with a later 1st round pick, or don't want him at all. Then New England doesn't have to see him twice a year. Now this is lying season, so most people will just brush this off and we'll probably see Tua go to Miami anyways. However, someone always throws out the truth leading up to the draft. There's always a long game being played.

Joel Klatt has the Dolphins staying at five and passing on Tua to take a LT and the Chargers taking him at 6.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:55 AM)McC Wrote: Joel Klatt has the Dolphins staying at five and passing on Tua to take a LT and the Chargers taking him at 6.  

At this rate, I could see Miami putting out the rumors that they failed Tua. Then they can get him at #5 and keep their other 1st round picks. 

Or perhaps they really like Jordan Love, since they met him in person before the lockdown.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: At this rate, I could see Miami putting out the rumors that they failed Tua. Then they can get him at #5 and keep their other 1st round picks. 

Or perhaps they really like Jordan Love, since they met him in person before the lockdown.

It's kinda looking like getting him at 5 won't be a problem.  If it is them behind the smoke, they appear to have done a good job.

My hope is that they spend a bunch of picks to move up and get him at 2 and later find out neither the Skins or the Lions wanted him and nobody else even tried to move up to get him.

Reply/Quote
I don’t believe for second Washington would pass on Young, and NYG probably take Simmons or Okudah. Miami really only has to worry about Detroit if they want Tua. Which I’m not convinced they do.

If we weren’t lucky enough to have Burrow sitting there for the taking, it would be a really tough decision between the huge gamble on Tua or just taking Herbert. I’m extremely glad we don’t have to make that choice.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 02:01 AM)McC Wrote: It's kinda looking like getting him at 5 won't be a problem.  If it is them behind the smoke, they appear to have done a good job.

My hope is that they spend a bunch of picks to move up and get him at 2 and later find out neither the Skins or the Lions wanted him and nobody else even tried to move up to get him.

I'm hoping teams trade up for Tua and Herbert in front of Miami. They're either going to reach for Love or watch him get selected by the Raiders. Then they face the reality of either taking some other QB to be their answer or attempt to tank for a second straight season.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm hoping teams trade up for Tua and Herbert in front of Miami. They're either going to reach for Love or watch him get selected by the Raiders. Then they face the reality of either taking some other QB to be their answer or attempt to tank for a second straight season.

I am with you are on this Dude.  When Burrow takes the Bengals to the playoffs his first year,  listening to Dolphins's fans groan while having another uninspired season will be priceless.  Great job of developing Josh Rosen and Tannehill Dolphins.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm hoping teams trade up for Tua and Herbert in front of Miami. They're either going to reach for Love or watch him get selected by the Raiders. Then they face the reality of either taking some other QB to be their answer or attempt to tank for a second straight season.

Andy Dalton's draft day trade stock just rose by an entire round amid fears of additional undisclosed injuries to Tua Tagliovoa and doubts as to the certainty of Jordan Love's capability of being a quality NFL starter..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Smokescreenseason
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 08:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Lombardi gains listeners.

(04-10-2020, 09:37 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Miami Herald is reporting something that might indicate that no one should trade up for Tua?

Oh man.

That's so crazy and coincidental.

Ah! Two voices of reason, with actual brains working inside of their skulks. Kudos to both!!

Unlike, another member that cries into their pillow every night wondering if they will or won't take Bengal Burrow?

I can just hear it now, "Dear sweet baby Jesus, plz let the FO take JB with the first pick. I promise to not eat the entire bag of cookies like I usually do, and I refuse to touch myself for pleasure, until after he's a Bengal. No more staying up late to watch the My Pillow infomercials, and....ect". 

"Tua and every other QB in this draft eat worms!" "They're not worthy of being drafted"!!!

It will take any and all angles to procure, "The Precious!"
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 11:15 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ah! Two voices of reason, with actual brains working inside of their skulks. Kudos to both!!

Unlike, another member that cries into their pillow every night wondering if they will or won't take Bengal Burrow?

I can just hear it now, "Dear sweet baby Jesus, plz let the FO take JB with the first pick. I promise to not eat the entire bag of cookies like I usually do, and I refuse to touch myself for pleasure, until after he's a Bengal. No more staying up late to watch the My Pillow infomercials, and....ect". 

"Tua and every other QB in this draft eat worms!" "They're not worthy of being drafted"!!!

It will take any and all angles to procure, "The Precious!"

Yikes.  Try more fiber in your diet.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 11:52 AM)McC Wrote: Yikes.  Try more fiber in your diet.

Crazy stuff right? I have no idea why my being hyped over Joe Burrow bothers this guy so much. It’s really quite weird...

Reply/Quote