Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tucker Carlson GONE from Fox
(04-24-2023, 02:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91XUyg9iWM

I'm hoping for a Tucker verses Don Lemon Point/Counterpoint style show similar to this old SNL skit.

Cheers

Lemon is way too bland. 

And when it comes to dissing women they have way too much in common.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to Tucker for being the first to be fired from all 3 major news neworks...CNN, MSNBC, and now Fox

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Carlson crossed a personal line with me when he once told his viewers, and I paraphrase this, to confront anyone wearing a mask outside.

When he said this I was in full recovery mode from my bone marrow transplant I had that summer, with a very weak immune system coming back from a 0.0 white blood count. I also was void of any vaccines of any kind as they were all wiped out due to said transplant. So for me and millions of others out there that had weakened immune systems for whatever the reasons were during Covid, well, I didn't have good thoughts about him to say the least.

To me, that is the kind of person he is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Newsmax's American Agenda is dedicating today's show to the Tucker/Lemon separations.

And I am watching them so, just know, everyone, that I now come to this forum with the TRUTH to fight liberal LIES!

The consensus on Newsmax commentators, which in the first segment included Rick Santorum, is that Fox must have asked
Tucker to "tone it down"* and of course he refused. And the commentators keep trumpeting that Fox lost a billion dollars in market value.

Newsmax watchers know that Newsmax has been very hard on Fox over the last year, and Tucker too, apparently demanding that their own
people criticize him for serving as an outlet for Russian propaganda. https://www.thedailybeast.com/former-newsmax-host-grant-stinchfield-claims-he-was-fired-for-refusing-to-attack-fox-news-tucker-carlson

But the tune has changed, and now Tucker is lauded as an important TRUTHTELLER who is always ready speak truth to power, including the corporate media (yes, we are speaking of the same Tucker who wanted a colleague fired for accurately fact checking Trump in real time--to protect market share). 

So this is really about FREE SPEECH which corporate media and the deep state want neither Tucker nor Trump to have. (They have a RIGHT to spread election lies which lead to death and chaos!) And man-of-integrity Tucker will not submit. 

The guy who gave Sidney Powell and Rudy Guiliani platform and free rein, https://www.npr.org/2023/02/20/1158223099/fox-news-dominion-wackadoodle-election-fraud-claim, is praised for constantly "exposing" Dem lies and "the Left" like no one else. Former host Stinchfield claims Tucker is the leader of the GOP after Trump.

Newsmax's CEO Christopher Ruddy provides some context: https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/tucker-carlson-fox-christopher-ruddy/2023/04/24/id/1117313/ "For a while Fox News has been moving to become establishment media and Tucker Carlson’s removal is a big milestone in that effort," . . . Millions of viewers who liked the old Fox News have made the switch to Newsmax and Tucker’s departure will only fuel that trend." (LOL if you are listening, Tucker, give us a call.)

If you are a Newsmax watcher you know they are more comfortable with factual "inaccuracy" than even Fox, and push the libel edge harder
in a technical sense, but they are so BLAND compared to Fox's professional, spiffy fast-paced outrage. Jesus, compare any Hannity show with Mike Huckabee's if you are unclear what I mean.

The talk about Lemon is mostly a platform for claims that corporate media think anyone can be replaced--and Fox is becoming like them. Take note MAGA viewers, your real home from now on should be Newsmax.

*As I noted on another thread recently, Tucker has become far more strident and risky since the 787 million settlement, even interviewing Trump.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:26 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: It's stated that Rupert Murdoch called for the axe for Tucker's head b/c Carlson earlier this month interviewed Trump following his arraignment. After the 2020 election, Fox News seemed to be trying to distance the network from Trump, while Tucker did the opposite, despite his private disgust toward the former president.  Murdoch is also said to be concerned over Carlson’s coverage of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, in which the host has promoted the conspiracy theory that it was provoked by government agents and that the rioters were there as peaceful protesters.

Fox News may be as SOL in regards to Trump as the rest of the "we're just in it for the money, we don't believe it" GOP folks.  Trump isn't going to care that Fox News lost over half a billion bucks kissing his ass and lying for him.  He's going to rip into them for refusing to tell the "truth" or "fight for him."  You can never win with narcissists, you'll throw everything you have into a black hole and once your lose your last dollar, your last friend, or your last drop of blood and expire they'll just say "You never helped me at all."

I get that Fox can't just keep paying these things out, but until the MAGA wing of the GOP fizzles out I don't see how any network that wants to keep the MAGA base happy and watching will be able to NOT say whatever insane thing Trump says is true.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:14 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:

Uummm....Lemon being let go is on the front page of cnn.com.

Unless they're speaking of HLN, but I don't watch that.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: Uummm....Lemon being let go is on the front page of cnn.com.

Unless they're speaking of HLN, but I don't watch that.

I thought that was referencing their respective twitter accounts but thanks for investigating further.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:04 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I thought that was referencing their respective twitter accounts but thanks for investigating further.

You're probably right.  Twitter vs. twitter, but that seems disingenuous of the original person tweeting. My point being that it isn't like CNN is ignoring it, BUT and this make me chuckle, there is a significant font size difference on the top of the CNN front page between the two stories.   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: You're probably right.  Twitter vs. twitter, but that seems disingenuous of the original person tweeting. My point being that it isn't like CNN is ignoring it, BUT and this make me chuckle, there is a significant font size difference on the top of the CNN front page between the two stories.   Hilarious

You talked me into checking Fox’s. Tucker Carlson is mentioned there as well but the top banner has a tab that says “Lemon Drop”.

Clown show all around.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: You talked me into checking Fox’s. Tucker Carlson is mentioned there as well but the top banner has a tab that says “Lemon Drop”.

Clown show all around.

hahahahaha
Reply/Quote
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-04-24/tucker-carlson-is-out-at-fox-news

Quote:Carlson’s exit is related to the discrimination lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, the producer fired by the network last month, the sources said. Carlson’s senior executive producer Justin Wells has also been terminated, according to insiders.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Fox destroys their competition and they have a great bench of young and intelligent women. I was never much of a Carlson fan. I do like Martha McCallum and my favorite is Harrison Faulkner. I am not sure Harrison would switch to night side of Fox. They also have others.

They will be fine because they were fine before. CNN is not fine and guys like Lemon lost them viewers already so his damage was already done.

Fox is not far right now nor will it be in the future. They attract people like me that were always closer to the middle of politics. I voted for a Dem. governor, I voted for Obama the first time because McCann had no energy and would have been s crappy President.

CNN, MSNBC among cable networks went far left. As did CBS, NBC, ABC and others. I used to like NBC and CBS in the 90's and early 2000's, then they changed and quit reporting all sides of stories.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Fox News is fair and balanced. In fact, I heard tomorrow they're going to have to pay another $800,000,000 settlement because they lied their asses off to make Biden look good.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fox News is fair and balanced. In fact, I heard tomorrow they're going to have to pay another $800,000,000 settlement because they lied their asses off to make Biden look good.

That amount wouldn’t be near enough if such a feat was successfully achieved.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 12:57 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: God answering libs' prayers ...

Answering everyone’s prayers. Don Lemon is no longer with CNN. Much worse than Tucker.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Answering everyone’s prayers. Don Lemon is no longer with CNN. Much worse than Tucker.

Putin thought Tucker's show was such good Russian propaganda against Ukraine that he ordered it 
replayed on Russian news.

Tucker helped disseminate the lie that Biden stole the election.

People died because of that, and others were ready to overturn the government.
Swing states began drafting legislation that could enable their legislatures to pick electors if the voters get it "wrong."

Now it appears Fox cut him in anticipation of future suits involving the toxic workplace environment he created.

Can I assume you agree all the above is bad? 

Lemon was boring, but what did he do that was "worse" than Tucker? 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 06:49 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That amount wouldn’t be near enough if such a feat was successfully achieved.

Harsh but fair.  I'll raise you one $1.6 billion lawsuit to convince people that DeSantis isn't dainty. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: CNN, MSNBC among cable networks went far left. As did CBS, NBC, ABC and others. I used to like NBC and CBS in the 90's and early 2000's, then they changed and quit reporting all sides of stories.

Which networks are covering "all sides" of the Dominion suit and Trump's Big Lie?

So far as I can tell, it's the one's you designate "far left." 

They also reported "all sides" of the Russia investigation and the The Trump impeachments, not to mention the Jan.6 insurrection.

Sounds like you ditched them long ago for networks that report "all sides" of the Biden Crime family and the Russia "Hoax."
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Harsh but fair.  I'll raise you one $1.6 billion lawsuit to convince people that DeSantis isn't dainty. 

That picture of him in his brand new white boots is out there for all too see. Not enough $.
Reply/Quote