Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tucker Carlson: Omar 'living proof' US immigration laws are 'dangerous'
(07-10-2019, 02:26 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Tucker nailed it and as the Demos always do she plays the race card.

Not sure he "nailed it" or not, but I do think the replies in this thread are telling. I've asked once what race Tucker slurred in the OP and will ask it again.

I did see the slur of a race (and sex) in the OP, but it wasn't by Tucker.

To me his message was about immigrants that choose not to assimilate and I can't say I'm 100% opposed to that assertion. Not sure how that makes me a racist. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
You don't have to say "Black" or "Brown" people to be racist. "you people" is equally telling. As is the talk from Tucker.

Just another sad excuse to explain and applaud Tucker from those who agree with him, but don't want to be labeled as racists.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-10-2019, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: You don't have to say "Black" or "Brown" people to be racist. "you people" is equally telling. As is the talk from Tucker.

Just another sad excuse to explain and applaud Tucker from those who agree with him, but don't want to be labeled as racists.

Tropic Thunder reference aside. Did Carlson refer to any race as "you people" in the OP?

As I said: There's a possibility dude may be a racist; I don't listen to him. But I'm not going to blindly take people's word for it especially when they quote a story not about race. 

The OP could be considered "anti-migration" and by default very few Americans migrate to the US. 

(07-10-2019, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure he "nailed it" or not, but I do think the replies in this thread are telling. I've asked once what race Tucker slurred in the OP and will ask it again.

I did see the slur of a race (and sex) in the OP, but it wasn't by Tucker.

To me his message was about immigrants that choose not to assimilate and I can't say I'm 100% opposed to that assertion. Not sure how that makes me a racist. 

"slur" lol

This is, as I explained, another in a long line of things Tucker has said.  I'd suggest you do your own research but you won't.  You will 
"just ask" questions and then complain no one answers them.

But to your "question": Tucker doesn't talk about white immigrants.  Tucker put up a woman from Somalia as “living proof” that U.S. immigration laws are “dangerous.” Because she isn't "grateful" enough for his liking.

I admire your attempt though.  Anything to provide some cover what what was said.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He actually reference a whole group of people from different races. You know. Typically White Supremacists hate all other races. So Tucker covered a bunch of them. He didn't have to name any individually. The Republican/Trump base understood his dog whistle.

But it don't matter. If he would have named individual races, then folks would have just come up with another excuse.

As I said earlier, many people feel like this. Judges, law enforcement, politicians, bosses, powerful people. Think of the races who have to live under the rule of people like this. I guess you just don't understand unless you are a minority.

It's scary business, especially now in the Trump era where there is no real reason to hide it anymore. These people are empowered, and God Bless minorities who work for, or lives depend on the fair and equal treatment by these people in powerful and influential positions who we know don't treat them well (unless you think people like Tucker are nice to the races he attacks. Wishful thinking).

(07-10-2019, 05:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: "slur" lol

This is, as I explained, another in a long line of things Tucker has said.  I'd suggest you do your own research but you won't.  You will 

But to your "question": Tucker doesn't talk about white immigrants.  Tucker put up a woman from Somalia as “living proof” that U.S. immigration laws are “dangerous.” Because she isn't "grateful" enough for his liking.

I admire your attempt though.  Anything to provide some cover what what was said.

ThumbsUp

Consider me what you will but I'll not simply take the biased word of others that someone is racist; especially while quote an article not about race.

You may not belief this, but there are those out there that are pretty liberal with the term racist. 

As I said: I only saw one derogatory reference to race in the OP.

(07-10-2019, 05:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: "slur" lol

ThumbsUp

None of them talk about White or European immigrants. Illegal or otherwise. It's clear what "type" of people (black/brown) they tend to have "issue" with.

(07-10-2019, 05:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: He actually reference a whole group of people from different races. You know. Typically White Supremacists hate all other races. So Tucker covered a bunch of them. He didn't have to name any individually. The Republican/Trump base understood his dog whistle.

But it don't matter. If he would have named individual races, then folks would have just come up with another excuse.

As I said earlier, many people feel like this. Judges, law enforcement, politicians, bosses, powerful people. Think of the races who have to live under the rule of people like this. I guess you just don't understand unless you are a minority.

It's scary business, especially now in the Trump era where there is no real reason to hide it anymore. These people are empowered, and God Bless minorities who work for, or lives depend on the fair and equal treatment by these people who we know don't treat them well (unless you think people like Tucker are nice to the races he attacks. Wishful thinking).

Yes, that "whole group of people from different races" are known as immigrants and as I said the article could be considered anti-immigrant, but not racist. Your understanding of the Republican/Trump base is truly amazing; however, some folks just like to jump to the "that's racist!!" stance. You know the type, right?

All I've asked is show me some that can be considered racist in the OP. I only see one instance and have already pointed it out. Does anyone else have one?

(07-10-2019, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Consider me what you will but I'll not simply take the biased word of others that someone is racist; especially while quote an article not about race.

You may not belief this, but there are those out there that are pretty liberal with the term racist. 

As I said: I only saw one derogatory reference to race in the OP.

As I said...another one doesn't get it.

Tucker didn't call her "uppity"...he said she wasn't "grateful".

Tucker didn't use a European as "“living proof” that U.S. immigration laws are “dangerous.”..he used a black woman.

I don't have to believe anything.  The proof is out there.  You feigning ignorance doesn't change that.  I've never been to space but when someone who has tells me about it I tend to believe them.  And if I doubt them I'll do my own research and not just challenge them to prove something.

There is a special bubble for people who think white people are the ones "slurred" when they act like Tucker and get called on it.  Really weird.
Always good to find use for this old chestnut.

[Image: white-people.jpg]
(07-10-2019, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: As I said...another one doesn't get it.

Tucker didn't call her "uppity"...he said she wasn't "grateful".

Tucker didn't use a European as "“living proof” that U.S. immigration laws are “dangerous.”..he used a black woman.

I don't have to believe anything.  The proof is out there.  You feigning ignorance doesn't change that.  I've never been to space but when someone who has tells me about it I tend to believe them.  And if I doubt them I'll do my own research and not just challenge them to prove something.

There is a special bubble for people who think white people are the ones "slurred" when they act like Tucker and get called on it.  Really weird.

It appears he used someone he considers to curse the very umbrella of Liberty the US provides her who happens to be of color. But the usual suspects will roll with RACIST!!

As I said: show me something in the OP that is racist besides your commentary. 

And all I see is people attacking the OP in an attempt to avoid saying anything bad about Tuckers statement (because they secretly agree but don't want the label of being a racists).

But if the shoe fits.....

Tucker being a racist isn't new news tho. It's celebrated by most conservatives, and long reported on. Just like Laura Ingraham. This isn't new news or a new attack based off of one statement.

(07-10-2019, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Always good to find use for this old chestnut.

As someone said earlier. Remove the word white, insert any other color and then ask yourself is it racist. If you answer is yes; then it was racist in it's original form.

A tired meme does nothing to change that

(07-10-2019, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: And all I see is people attacking the OP in an attempt to avoid saying anything bad about Tuckers statement (because they secretly agree but don't want the label of being a racists).

But if the shoe fits.....

Tucker being a racist isn't new news tho. It's celebrated by most conservatives, and long reported on.

Obviously the shoe doesn't fit me as I've commented on Tucker's actual words and they appear to be those of someone in favor of assimilation. There will be those that constantly scream racist.

But if the shoe fits

As I've constantly said, he very well may be racist. Link me an article supporting your position because the story in the OP don't do it. 

(07-10-2019, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As someone said earlier. Remove the word white, insert any other color and then ask yourself is it racist. If you answer is yes; then it was racist in it's original form.

Remove the word "white" and replace with "those people" and you'll get the point that you don't have to specify specific races to promote bigotry and hate.

Are you familiar with the long history of "dog whistling" (before Trump when folks used to talk in code. Sad that those days should be considered progress now).

We got a long way to go as a society. Still.

(07-10-2019, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Remove the word "white" and replace with "those people" and you'll get the point that you don't have to specify specific races to promote bigotry and hate.

Are you familiar with the long history of "dog whistling" (before Trump when folks used to talk in code. Sad that those days should be considered progress now).

That's a debatable point, but I didn't see any reference to "those people" in the OP.

I agree we've got a ways to go. There will always be those looking to hate someone that doesn't agree with his/her outlook. 

I'm actually the only person to address the actual message in the OP. Everyone else is just screaming Racist!!

(07-10-2019, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: And all I see is people attacking the OP in an attempt to avoid saying anything bad about Tuckers statement (because they secretly agree but don't want the label of being a racists).

No, you see people pointing out OP's racism, which he doubled down and expanded on.  Why do you not dislike his racism when you clearly dislike Tucker Carlson's?

(07-10-2019, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As someone said earlier. Remove the word white, insert any other color and then ask yourself is it racist. If you answer is yes; then it was racist in it's original form.

You're not leaving him with much.  If he could simply admit or retract his own racism we could actually discuss what he has proposed.  However, I'm not one to let racism by one of our posters simply slide by the wayside without calling it out. 

(07-10-2019, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Remove the word "white" and replace with "those people" and you'll get the point that you don't have to specify specific races to promote bigotry and hate.

Yes, we do.  We could start by calling out racism in all its forms when we see it.  We could even do something as small as starting to do this on our message board.  Let's see you give that a shot.  I believe in you.
(07-10-2019, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously the shoe doesn't fit me as I've commented on Tucker's actual words and they appear to be those of someone in favor of assimilation. There will be those that constantly scream racist.

But if the shoe fits

As I've constantly said, he very well may be racist. Link me an article supporting your position because the story in the OP don't do it. 

You mean of Tucker racist comments and history?

Now you are just playing a fool cause I know you know Tucker.

See Bfine. That's how you get thrown in with "those people" (even if you don't consider yourself one). You got to give a little especially when it comes to common knowledge we both know you know about (Tucker). I respect you, and you are wise about a lot of stuff, but your tendency to suddenly you play dumb when it's something you don't agree with is unfortunate.

There's no reason to act like you don't know Tucker or his history. I'm certainly not going to play along. Youtube him if you really care. But like the Mueller report, I doesn't seem like you do. So your request for "proof" is played out (in my book).

Again, I'm not here to attack or accuse you of anything. You have my respect (even if we rarely agree) as a poster.

(07-10-2019, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Always good to find use for this old chestnut.

That's great!  I'm going to save this and show it to the next hate crime victim of European descent that I deal with.  I'm sure they'll enjoy it as much as you do.