Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucker Carlson mocks Juneteenth
The old Fishstick heir is really hitting the up to the minute news of the day!

Also, is he a racist or did he hire that racist writer back?  Or does he just know that downplaying black history is what his audience wants?

Anyway...

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/tucker-carlson-mocks-juneteenth-no-one-had-heard-it-just-last-year-and-everyone-has-course

Quote:Tucker Carlson mocks Juneteenth: “No one had heard of it just last year and everyone has of course already forgotten about it”

WRITTEN BY MEDIA MATTERS STAFF
PUBLISHED 01/05/21 8:39 PM EST

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Two Republican senators who should've known better called for replacing Columbus Day, a day that celebrates the discovery of this country, with something called Juneteenth, not a terrible anniversary or anything but no one had heard of it just last year and everyone has of course already forgotten about it.

Video at the link for those who won't believe it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
No sense starting a fresh thread about awful things TC says.

I realize its just fodder for his remaining viewers but still I can't believe there are those who defend this guy.

Reply/Quote
This thread was made right around the inauguration. No Biden threads after nine months but thankfully we get a Tucker update. I should probably top Pat’s thread. I mean if nothing else we should have a thread on his error free presidency.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out of all the sleaze "reporters" on the big political news networks, I personally feel Tucker Carlson is the biggest piece of shit out of all of them.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This thread was made right around the inauguration. No Biden threads after nine months but thankfully we get a Tucker update. I should probably top Pat’s thread.  I mean if nothing else we should have a thread on his error free presidency.

I mean anyone could start threads here...even about Biden.  Clearly more than few here would lean conservative so I encourage them to present what they  feel are errors/mistakes.

However that doesn't change that Tucker is on the air all the time being an ass and that is worth noting too.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: I mean anyone could start threads here...even about Biden.  Clearly more than few here would lean conservative so I encourage them to present what they  feel are errors/mistakes.

However that doesn't change that Tucker is on the air all the time being an ass and that is worth noting too.

I was referencing Pat’s thread where everyone said they’d be on top of calling out Biden. Apparently he’s done so well that we are left calling out someone on tv that next to nobody on this board watches.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This thread was made right around the inauguration. No Biden threads after nine months but thankfully we get a Tucker update. I should probably top Pat’s thread.  I mean if nothing else we should have a thread on his error free presidency.

?? People "call out" Carlson because his disinformation is news; it influences US politics, even if nobody on this board watches him. 

It's not any list member's fault if Biden doesn't urge people to question CDC guidelines or present Hungary's turn away from democracy as a model for the US, and so get an immediate thread.

Outside of the AFghanistan thread, where Biden got "called out" pretty regularly, there's not been that much to excite people outside the RWM, beyond Biden checking his watch and his alleged dementia. I don't like his foreign policy, an considered starting a thread on his FP errors, but I find that list members aren't much interested. In any case, it still looks to me like Tucker does more damage to the nation than Biden. 

If you think B. has made errors worth discussion, then why not start a thread on the topic instead of relying on "liberals" to do it? 

Or is your point, not that Biden hasn't been "called out," but that forum members who promised to do so haven't? 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was referencing Pat’s thread where everyone said they’d be on top of calling out Biden. Apparently he’s done so well that we are left calling out someone on tv that next to nobody on this board watches.

Tucker Carlson probably has more influence on this country than Joe Biden. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Tucker Carlson probably has more influence on this country than Joe Biden. 

Somebody is watching his show. Isn't it the #1 cable news program? 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Somebody is watching his show. Isn't it the #1 cable news program? 

It's up there.  Scary to think millions of viewers tune in to listen to his venomous bullshit.  I'd love to knock that stupid confused look he has when his guests talk off his stupid face.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's up there.  Scary to think millions of viewers tune in to listen to his venomous bullshit.  I'd love to knock that stupid confused look he has when his guests talk off his stupid face.

Meh, he's talking people legally deemed to be unreasonable into taking risks with their health and ostracizing themselves from society.  So be it. 

He's proof that the "Im just tossing this out there" style of saying something normally used to suggest your wife do something kinky can be applied to for profit "news."

Isn't it possible that a threesome would be kinda fun and that Colin Powell died because he was vaccinated?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was referencing Pat’s thread where everyone said they’d be on top of calling out Biden. Apparently he’s done so well that we are left calling out someone on tv that next to nobody on this board watches.

He hasn't degraded the office of the President yet and I haven't called anyone mentally ill for disagreeing with him. I feel like I am living up to my post. I did knock his handling of Afghanistan while also defending him against things he was blamed for that did not fall on him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Eh, he's having a more normal struggle getting things passed vs the constant every day stuff from the last admin.  Perfect?  Heck no.  But again there are plenty of folks on the board who cold bring up anything they want so in that way I agree with you that we've had a dearth of Biden posts.

But on the other hand TC is out there saying his usual bile filled stuffed every night and watched by millions.  And it was two posts on this thread...lol. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Somebody is watching his show. Isn't it the #1 cable news program? 

Odd that a guy who can boast at the very least a top 5 cable news show can rally against the mAiN sTrEaM mEdIa so hard. Too bad his fans are too idiotic to realize that he IS the main stream news.*

*legally speaking he's an entertainer, not a news anchor and no reasonable person should take what he says seriously. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Odd that a guy who can boast at the very least a top 5 cable news show can rally against the mAiN sTrEaM mEdIa so hard. Too bad his fans are too idiotic to realize that he IS the main stream news.*

*legally speaking he's an entertainer, not a news anchor and no reasonable person should take what he says seriously. 

That's been an issue for years now.

If you're calling it lame stream media... but you have one of the most watched shows... then you are what you're criticizing. You can't play the guy bucking the status quo when you are the status quo.

Carlson has gone down the same path of O'Reily, Maddow, Limbaugh, etc.: saying whatever polling indicates is the biggest topic among a demographic that's almost entirely politically based. If GOP voters came out tomorrow promoting an agenda of civil rights for tad poles, Carlson would have a half hour special on why liberals hate frogs.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 11:14 PM)Benton Wrote: That's been an issue for years now.

If you're calling it lame stream media... but you have one of the most watched shows... then you are what you're criticizing. You can't play the guy bucking the status quo when you are the status quo.

Carlson has gone down the same path of O'Reily, Maddow, Limbaugh, etc.: saying whatever polling indicates is the biggest topic among a demographic that's almost entirely politically based. If GOP voters came out tomorrow promoting an agenda of civil rights for tad poles, Carlson would have a half hour special on why liberals hate frogs.

I was just having a conversation about talk radio in the 90's.  I had job that required a lot of driving so I listened to all the locals and then whatever I could pick up up on AM late night.  Picking up New York sports talk when Pittsburgh didn't have a station for it, for example. (Those were the days!)

Anyway guys like Limbaugh were entertaining then.  Then they started to take it seriously* and the road led straight to where we are today with the like of TC.

Even Beck was interesting until he went full tilt conspiracy theories.

They (Hannity, Tucker, Beck, etc) are just scripted television shows passing as news/opinion.

And, full disclosure, I don't watch or listen to any of it anymore.  Not FOX or MSNBC or CNN.  I see highlights or catch it if someone else (my parents) are watching but I have no desire to get drawn in.

*he still didn't have believe what he said, he just stopped being funny.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was just having a conversation about talk radio in the 90's.  I had job that required a lot of driving so I listened to all the locals and then whatever I could pick up up on AM late night.  Picking up New York sports talk when Pittsburgh didn't have a station for it, for example. (Those were the days!)

Anyway guys like Limbaugh were entertaining then.  Then they started to take it seriously* and the road led straight to where we are today with the like of TC.

They (Hannity, Tucker, Beck, etc) are just scripted television shows passing as news/opinion.

And, full disclosure, I don't watch or listen to any of it anymore.  Not FOX or MSNBC or CNN.  I see highlights or catch it if someone else (my parents) are watching but I have no desire to get drawn in.

I recall getting Cleveland sports talk when Pittsburgh went silent in the 90s and people saying the Browns wouldn't start winning until they got rid of that idiot, Bill Bellichick.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall getting Cleveland sports talk when Pittsburgh went silent in the 90s and people saying the Browns wouldn't start winning until they got rid of that idiot, Bill Bellichick.

Wouldn't history in the NFL have been different if he had stayed!

The other thing I was always fascinated with was the first time I heard a traffic report from NYC at 11pm or later about all the backups.  Growing up in rural PA the idea that there is THAT much traffic that late was wild.  Then I went to New York and experienced it myself!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was just having a conversation about talk radio in the 90's.  I had job that required a lot of driving so I listened to all the locals and then whatever I could pick up up on AM late night.  Picking up New York sports talk when Pittsburgh didn't have a station for it, for example. (Those were the days!)

I used to listen to Limbaugh and watch his show in the 90s. He twisted things for entertainment but it was still mostly true. One sided, sure, but mostly accurate.

But man, towards the end it was just crazy accusations and conspiracy theories. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: I used to listen to Limbaugh and watch his show in the 90s. He twisted things for entertainment but it was still mostly true. One sided, sure, but mostly accurate.

But man, towards the end it was just crazy accusations and conspiracy theories. 

He had too.  

He was an old, sick man who couldn't keep up with the OAN and Newsmaxx of the world.

The constant escalation is the problem.  There were always kooks and people willing to use those kooks to make money.  Now we have an entire political party throwing behind the conspiracies just to stay in power.
Reply/Quote