Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two QBs go- Rank Your Top 3
I'm sure this will change for some during the process but if the draft were today and you can't trade back, how do you rank the top three non QBs in the draft?
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Smith
Pitts
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Pitts
Chase

Reply/Quote
Sewell
Pitts
Chase
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I'm sure this will change for some during the process but if the draft were today and you can't trade back, how do you rank the top three non QBs in the draft?

Sewell
Chase
Pitts

It took me a while to choose between Chase and Pitts but i'm going back to my earlier idea that the Bengals have someone Pitts-like on the roster in Auden Tate. So i'd take Chase 2nd and try Tate in the Pitts role. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pitts
Chase
Sewell
Reply/Quote
Penei Sewell - Premium Player at a Premium Position.
Ja'Marr Chase - Physical boundary receiver that is a needed vertical threat.
Kyle Pitts - TE/WR combo that is a matchup nightmare.

What sucks for the Bengals is that there is no top 5 or even top 10 pass rusher this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sewell

Chase

Pitts
Reply/Quote
For those who have Chase on the list but not Smith... Would you be upset if Smith were taken instead of Chase if Pitts & Sewell were also gone? How tough is that decision for you? I feel like they're pretty close; top 10 in any year type players.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell - Premium Player at a Premium Position.
Ja'Marr Chase - Physical boundary receiver that is a needed vertical threat.
Kyle Pitts - TE/WR combo that is a matchup nightmare.

What sucks for the Bengals is that there is no top 5 or even top 10 pass rusher this year.

Don’t worry the odds of picking in the top 10 again next year with this coaching staff are sadly probably pretty good...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:36 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: For those who have Chase on the list but not Smith... Would you be upset if Smith were taken instead of Chase if Pitts & Sewell were also gone? How tough is that decision for you? I feel like they're pretty close; top 10 in any year type players.

To me the Chase's 40 and Smith's size are going to say a lot. There's reports that JC is running in the 4.4s. I must say that's quite the improvement from the 4.66 he ran coming out of High School. 

Chase has good size but it's not elite. He is physical but how is that physicality going to translate into the NFL against grown men. I see JC's comp as DeAndre Hopkins and look for him to run a similar time, but if that 2nd digit is a 6 he will slide.

Smith's issue is size; it's his only weakness. If he can show up in the 180s and post a second digit or 4, many will put him at WR#1. My comp to Smith is Antonio Brown. Given Brown's was a little stockier but their games (to include PR skills) are similar.

So who do you want? DeAndre Hopkins or Antonio Brown? It's a good problem to have if we lean that way. 

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sewell
Chase
Pitts

It took me a while to choose between Chase and Pitts but i'm going back to my earlier idea that the Bengals have someone Pitts-like on the roster in Auden Tate. So i'd take Chase 2nd and try Tate in the Pitts role. 

I can’t go down that path man pitts is a whole different athlete and it’s painfully evident
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:36 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: For those who have Chase on the list but not Smith... Would you be upset if Smith were taken instead of Chase if Pitts & Sewell were also gone? How tough is that decision for you? I feel like they're pretty close; top 10 in any year type players.

Yes
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Parsons
Smith
Reply/Quote
I think for most people the top option is going to be Sewell here. Really the debate is between the three playmakers in Chase, Smith, and Pitts.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote

Yeah. I don't want a WR, at #5, getting 60 snaps a game, who's that skinny. Let someone else take that risk. Too many other options.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Pitts
Chase
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sewell
Chase
Smith/Parsons
Reply/Quote
Smith- can’t believe I’m saying this. I can’t forget how much better than everyone he looked in the national championship. Plus the Heisman to Heisman connection would be super cool. Favre says some dumb shit. But his comp to Jerry Rice was eye opening then Smith coming out saying he will be the hardest worker on whatever team he goes to. I expect the Dolphins to take him honestly. But would not be disappointed if we took the stick figure WR

Sewell- Taylor Moton is my free agent dream for RT. Moton plus Sewell and the loser of Jonah vs Sewell for LT plays LG would be pretty sweet.

Surtain- depending on free agency he could easily be at the top of this list. With no WJ3 or Alexander the need in the need and BPA equation just got really big.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 02:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Smith- can’t believe I’m saying this. I can’t forget how much better than everyone he looked in the national championship. Plus the Heisman to Heisman connection would be super cool. Favre says some dumb shit. But his comp to Jerry Rice was eye opening then Smith coming out saying he will be the hardest worker on whatever team he goes to. I expect the Dolphins to take him honestly. But would not be disappointed if we took the stick figure WR

We draft the QB that had the best season in the history of college football last year

We have a chance to draft the WR that had the best season in the history of college football this year

Reply/Quote