Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two QBs go- Rank Your Top 3
(02-10-2021, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: No QBs because the point of the thread was to pick non-QBs.

Also, your list feels like an awful reach for some of those guys just to not pick someone who opted out. Would you really take all of those 10 before you would take a single guy who opted out? Or just listing Top 10 if none of the guys who opted out were actually in the draft?

Na, that's just a list of non-QBs I'd list as top 10. 

Answer this question: Why did none of the top QBs opt out? 

I give a little leeway to those in the Big 10 and Pac 12 that opted out, because they cancelled their seasons first. So the top prospects looked at plan B. Now those in the SEC that opted out....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Na, that's just a list of non-QBs I'd list as top 10. 

Answer this question: Why did none of the top QBs opt out? 

I give a little leeway to those in the Big 10 and Pac 12 that opted out, because they cancelled their seasons first. So the top prospects looked at plan B. Now those in the SEC that opted out....

Obviously I'd be speculating, but I'd assume Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields knew their team would be contending for a National Championship along with Alabama, so they wanted to go try to win (another) one. Guys like Kyle Trask, Trey Lance, and Zach Wilson would have needed to play to boost their draft stock.

On the flip side, LSU just won the National Championship, and Ja'Marr Chase just saw his QB, RB, TE, and other star WR go into the draft, so he probably didn't expect LSU to contend in 2020. Combine that with the possibility of COVID and already being established as a Top 10 guy, it could have made sense why he didn't want to risk the season.
Sewell, Parsons, Slater, Farley, and Rousseau also possibly felt their teams weren't really going to compete for the National Championship either, and they also had good seasons the year before, so why bother risking their NFL future when COVID was also going on?

Again, just my attempt to speculate, not necessarily whether that was their actual reasoning or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I'm sure this will change for some during the process but if the draft were today and you can't trade back, how do you rank the top three non QBs in the draft?

Sewell
Pitts 
Chase
Reply/Quote