Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two less teams
Yeah I know we aren't supposed to root for other teams to have season ending injuries but with the news about Watson and Luck today I gotta think "well, two less teams" that we have to get around for a wild card spot. Sorry but who hasn't entertained this scenario?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.

Negative nancy. Don’t hop back on the bandwagon when we are 5-4 in a couple weeks
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: Negative nancy. Don’t hop back on the bandwagon when we are 5-4 in a couple weeks

Here: Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.

With the flukey crap that happens constantly in sports, I'll never give up on my team if they're still in it.

People act like they know how things will play out, but the fact is that you don't. Period.

Either hope for the best and relish the good opportunities or be a sour ass constantly, because, "I think this team has maybe 2 wins left."

Go into each game with level expectations and then see what happens.

(not just directed at you, Nicomo)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns  (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.
Someone else called you negative Nancy. I'll call you Debbie Downer. We have nine more games in this season to go. Yes we have a lot of holes but we have made the playoffs with similar situations. I'll take any advantages we can get. If that means other teams have to suffer then I'll say c'est la vie. 
Reply/Quote
If we beat the Jags I will have hope for the season. Otherwise I don't think it matters. Yeah, something could happen, but honestly the chances are low if we don't beat the Jags.
Reply/Quote
We have 3 games in a row on the road, Jags, Titans, Broncos. We win 2 of these games we might actually have a chance ? Anything less and it's just over.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yeah I know we aren't supposed to root for other teams to have season ending injuries but with the news about Watson and Luck today I gotta think "well, two less teams" that we have to get around for a wild card spot. Sorry but who hasn't entertained this scenario?

And of course Pitt still plays both teams.
Reply/Quote
Do not think the Colts were going to be in our way even if Luck came back.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yeah I know we aren't supposed to root for other teams to have season ending injuries but with the news about Watson and Luck today I gotta think "well, two less teams" that we have to get around for a wild card spot. Sorry but who hasn't entertained this scenario?

Truth...like the year Brady went down in Week 1.  It was wide open.  I see it as a three team race at the front of the AFC with NE, KC, and pusssyburg (puke).  Wild card teams could be Jax, Buff, Jets, Tenn, Denver, Raiders, Ratbirds, and yes, even the Bengals.

There is still an outside chance if they win this week, but we have not seen ANYTHING to make us think this offense can do crap (keeping weapons that could help on the bench in favor of turds is brilliant) and the defense seems uninterested now.  Special teams even pooped their pants last week.

However, we have seen teams go from dead (Balt after Jax killed them) to alive (Balt blanked Miami) in a very short time.  

Stranger things have happened, but if they lose Sunday, it is officially dead and buried.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: And of course Pitt still plays both teams.

And in classic piggy style, they will lose to one of them and he will drama up "maybe this cowboy just doesn't have it anymore" only to say "maybe this cowboy has a little left in him" a week later.  Can a meteor just land on this douche and eliminate him from existence?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 11:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If we beat the Jags I will have hope for the season. Otherwise I don't think it matters. Yeah, something could happen, but honestly the chances are low if we don't beat the Jags.

Agreed, but there was a season not too long ago we started 3-5 and still made the playoffs. Maybe Andy's second year.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: And of course Pitt still plays both teams.

SHitt doesn't matter, I do not see us catching them for the Division. Best we can hope for is a Wild Card....
Reply/Quote
This team isn't making the playoffs. That reality will be all the more clear after Sunday.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
How do we solve our problem on the offense. Lazor needs to think up some ideas quick, basically playing with no line.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:32 AM)Big Boss Wrote: This team isn't making the playoffs. That reality will be all the more clear after Sunday.

Honestly, the bengals have a shot here in a low scoring affair. Hold LF to under 100 rush yards and the bengals can win.

The titans game would be the one that scares me a bit. Mobile qbs always give this team fits.

Bengals can beat the jags and broncos though. It might not be pretty, but bengals need to sustain some drives just to keep the D fresh
Reply/Quote
who do we have to worry about for wild card? Bills just lost to the Jets Benjamin doesn't help that much. Dolphins a team that has been shut out twice with a fired offensive line coach snorting cocaine in the facility depending on the greatness of jay cutler to get them there. The jets more losses than us and a tougher schedule. Titans Bad defense and a mediocre Mariota who took deep into OT to beat Browns. Jags good defense but lost to jets and relying on competence of Blake bortles. Texans extremely banged up no watt mercilus Cushing now Watson. Ravens scariest team of the bunch but they have been inconsistent. Broncos Brock osweiller is now their starting QB. Raiders Carr doesn't look right and their Defense is abysmal. Chargers who find ways to lose more than anyone in the league with exception of really awful teams. 538 model agrees with my assessment our playoff chance have went up 3 points from 18 to 21 since we last played a game.
Reply/Quote

Nothing wrong with thinking that and I admit, it's crossed my mind. But, it's also crossed my mind that it's 2 more teams with which we're fighitng for a top draft pick (I mean, Cleveland's got the 1st pick all but sewn up, but after that, there are a lot of teams currently vying for the other top picks).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Well Didn't think colts be in that boat anyway
Reply/Quote