Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two people try to 'expose' Islam by sneaking into mosques. It backfired, badly
(07-23-2017, 12:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Why would they not do business with blacks??

Yea, a ton of Muslims in my area are black, so this claim boggles my mind. 

I also live in a black majority area and there's a ton of Muslim owned businesses in my area that do business my all people in my area. There are certainly racial biases in all groups, but not doing business with ANY black people? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-23-2017, 06:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, a ton of Muslims in my area are black, so this claim boggles my mind. 

I also live in a black majority area and there's a ton of Muslim owned businesses in my area that do business my all people in my area. There are certainly racial biases in all groups, but not doing business with ANY black people? 

The mosque here locally which I am referring is the one with a long history of violence from its members. Most notably the Orlando gays killer. This is probably not everyone's typical mosque.

Blacks and Mexicans were the ones who set their last mosque on fire. They have a long history with the community.... ironically they are in a black and Mexican neighborhood.
I googled the mosque and I couldn't find anything about violence from members, just towards.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/st-lucie-county/2017/06/07/fort-pierce-mosque-victimized-after-pulse-nightclub-shooting/336385001/

Apparently some "Patriots" on motorcycles harassed the mosque, someone assaulted someone in the parking lot, and then a Jewish guy burned it down.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-23-2017, 08:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I googled the mosque and I couldn't find anything about violence from members, just towards.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/st-lucie-county/2017/06/07/fort-pierce-mosque-victimized-after-pulse-nightclub-shooting/336385001/

Apparently some "Patriots" on motorcycles harassed the mosque, someone assaulted someone in the parking lot, and then a Jewish guy burned it down.

They have had a nice 15-20 year run of members being violent. The community just had enough. And it was blacks and Mexicans from the neighborhood who burned it up.

But please by all means continue to tell me about my local area.
(07-23-2017, 08:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I googled the mosque and I couldn't find anything about violence from members, just towards.

A search of any mosque around Port St. Lucie brings up a bunch of articles from earlier this year....about residents upset about a possible new Mosque being built.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/st-lucie-county/2017/04/24/potential-mosque-port-st-lucie-city-council/100866402/

And the Mosque that got burned down?

https://www.cairflorida.org/tag-islamophobia/549-update-port-st-lucie-man-arrested-in-mosque-fire

Seems he was inspired less by violence from the Mosque and more from his anti-Islamic personal beliefs.

FORT PIERCE

Quote:A Port St. Lucie man was arrested Wednesday in connection to an arson this week at a Fort Pierce mosque that officials are calling a likely hate crime.

Joseph Michael Schreiber, 32, was arrested Wednesday evening, 65 hours after a fire was set at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce early Monday, just after the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Schreiber was identified as a suspect after tips from the community were received Tuesday, St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office Maj. David Thompson said during a news conference at the sheriff’s office headquarters.
[Image: 20160912_met_islamic_fire_000_1.jpg]

Wilfredo Ruiz, spokesperson for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, spoke outside the Islamic Center of Ft. Pierce on Monday, September 12, 2016.

The building was the center of a suspicious fire the night before. (Thomas Cordy / The Palm Beach Post)

Further investigation showed that Schreiber had recently posted online anti-Muslim statements, according to the sheriff’s office.

“The Facebook posts were evident that there is anti-Islamic propaganda and that corroborates our fear that in fact this does have to do with hate for the Islamic community,” Thompson said.

[Image: arson-suspect_1.jpg][Image: arson-suspect_1.jpg]

Arson suspect Joseph Schreiber. (Courtesy SLCSO)

Schreiber was being questioned by sheriff’s investigators Wednesday evening and was expected to be booked into the St. Lucie County Jail Wednesday night.

He will be charged with arson and a hate-crime enhancement and faces a possible sentence of life in prison.
[Image: CsWb7VuXYAAdtMM_1.jpg]

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are still investigating and it has not yet been determined whether Schreiber will face federal charges, said Michael D’Alonzo, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI Miami office.
On Wednesday, investigators searched Schreiber’s home in the 5700 block of Northwest Zenith Drive, off Torino Parkway in Port St. Lucie.
Video surveillance from businesses and homes matched Schreiber and a motorcycle to video surveillance obtained from the Islamic Center, according to investigators.

“A search warrant was obtained and a search of Schreiber’s house was conducted that revealed Schreiber owns a motorcycle consistent with the surveillance video footage,” Thompson said. “Other evidence collected also linked Schreiber to the arson.”

Thompson said that Schreiber was known to law-enforcement from previous offenses.

According to state correction records, Schreiber has been imprisoned before — in 2008, for grand theft, and 2010, for petit theft. As a result, he qualifies as a prison release re-offender, which would carry a 30-year minimum mandatory sentence if he were convicted, Thompson said. Schreiber also qualifies as a habitual felony offender and could ultimately be sentenced to life in prison, Thompson said.

Schreiber has been arrested at least 11 times going back to 2003. Charges have included resisting an officer, petit theft, hit-and-run involving injury, and battery, according to state correction records.

Standing outside the fire-damaged mosque Wednesday evening, Wilfredo Ruiz, spokesman for the Council on American Islamic Relations-Florida and attorney Omar Saleh praised law-enforcement officials for their quick actions.

“He needs to face the consequences of his acts now,” Ruiz said of Schreiber. “He will face justice and he will spend a lot of time probably in prison thinking about the damage he has done, not only to the Muslim community, but the Fort Pierce community, the Florida community and the American community as a whole. This individual has damaged what America is about, what Americans are about and our principles as Americans that we hold high.”

Members of the mosque offered reporters a glimpse of the damaged areas, cautioning them to avoid areas where they feared the roof could collapse. The Islamic Center gained national attention when it became known that it was a place of worship for Omar Mateen, who authorities say killed 49 people and wounded 53 in a shooting this past June at a gay nightclub in Orlando. Mateen was fatally shot by Orlando police officers.

Since the attack, there have been several reported threats against the Islamic Center as well as an attack outside the mosque in early July. Ruiz said he was not aware of direct threats made against the Islamic Center by Schreiber.

On July 12, Schreiber posted the following on his Facebook page: “IF AMERICA truly wants peace and safety and pursuit of happiness they should consider all forms of ISLAM as radical, the truth is that there is no such a thing as radical ISLAMIC extremism…ALL ISLAM IS RADICAL , and should be considered TERRORIST AND CRIMANALS and all hoo participate in such activity should be found guilty of WAR CRIM until law and order is restored in this beautiful free country , all who agree with this statement, like it and make a comment.”

Ruiz said CAIR-Florida will push to see that Schreiber is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

He got 30 years.

The mayor seems like a level headed guy though.

http://www.newsleader.com/story/opinion/editorials/2017/04/27/thumb-up-port-st-lucie-mayor-gets-right-mosque/100933296/

Quote:Faced with a room full of irate constituents, Port St. Lucie Mayor Greg Oravec did the right thing Monday night.

He reminded the crowd, on hand to protest the possibility of the city’s first mosque, that the U.S. was founded on the freedom of religion, and that freedom applies to Muslims, too.

While it turns out the Muslim group Treasure Coast Islamic Society will not be buying the Church on the Rock, on the 1400 block of Bougainvillea Avenue, its interest in the property drew the ire of nearby residents who claimed a mosque on the site would disturb the neighborhood with daily prayers and promote fear, hate and terror.

Oravec, reading from the U.S. Constitution, responded that the council must follow the rule of law and not succumb to speculation or fear.

It was a good message — and one we hope those in the audience took to heart.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-23-2017, 12:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Why would they not do business with blacks??

Discrimination against blacks in the Middle East is at a high level. Perhaps their distain toward blacks supplants itself here in America.

You are using cair florida as a source, Not sure why it matters that hamas blames islamaphobia.

It rained yesterday and they likely blamed islamaphobia. .
(07-23-2017, 09:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: arson-suspect_1.jpg]

Seems he was inspired less by violence from the Mosque and more from his anti-Islamic personal beliefs.

Clearly a white Hispanic.
(07-23-2017, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are using cair florida as a source,   Not sure why it matters that hamas blames islamaphobia.  

It rained yesterday and they likely blamed islamaphobia.   .

Still, is there any proof of "15-20 years" of violence from this Mosque?
(07-23-2017, 10:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still, is there any proof of "15-20 years" of violence from this Mosque?

Yes. This is very well known locally. If you are going to ask me to search the police blotter for Muslims then You are out of luck. But feel free and knowing the community as well as I do it's widely known. So much so that the new building they purchased stirred up a bunch of issues with the community around... it won't be long until there is more issues.

The best part is you defending this mosque lol. These people in this mosque are not good Muslims. They are not reasonable.
(07-23-2017, 10:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes.   This is very well known locally.     If you are going to ask me to search the police blotter for Muslims then You are out of luck.    But feel free and knowing the community as well as I do it's widely known.   So much so that the new building they purchased stirred up a bunch of issues with the community around...   it won't be long until there is more issues.    

The best part is you defending this mosque lol.  These people in this mosque are not good Muslims.    They are not reasonable.

Well there was nothing in any news search either.

I was simply asking as there has only accusations with no proof provided.  I would no more dare speak to the criminal element in Florida than on who people in Arizona should or should not vote for.

Lastly I am not "defending the Mosque" as much as taking what I am being told and seeing if it is true or just opinion.

Thus far it has shown to be simply opinion and the actual news stories have been quite different.

And I think the definition of "reasonable" is one that is being misunderstood in that context.  Smirk
(07-23-2017, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are using cair florida as a source,   Not sure why it matters that hamas blames islamaphobia.  

It rained yesterday and they likely blamed islamaphobia.  

Leftists think it sounds awesome.

A phobia is an extreme fear that causes avoidance, not confrontation.

We were anti Hitler and succeeded in destroying the Nazis because we were Naziphobes.
You never heard that?
I could tell lots of anecdotal stories about people who went to the RC church I grew up in.  People arrested for rape, arson, child endangerment...O don't think there was a murderer though.  One guy who beat up and stole from a priest in a neighboring town.  One priest who (allegedly) had a son.

But none of that would mean the church itself was made up of bad/unreasonable people.

It means there were bad people that went to that church.

Lot's of good people too.

And in a town when Catholics were looked down on by some of the other demonstrations.

Although I don't remember anyone wanting to burn it down.

It rained yesterday and they likely blamed islamaphobia.   .

Sorry for quoting this twice.  Forgot to mention that I also provided a link about his sentencing that backed up what was in the first link:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/breaking-port-lucie-man-sentenced-years-mosque-arson/BVXo41G5lD1H4tytZ1AgqK/

Quote:Joseph Schreiber, 32, pleaded no contest to charges that he set fire to the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce. The fire was started the night of the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

In addition to the 30-year prison sentence, Schreiber was also ordered to pay $10,000 in restitution, a St. Lucie County Court official said.
Shortly prior to the arson, Schreiber posted anti-Islamic propaganda on a social media site, authorities said after his arrest.

“Finality like today bring the criminal justice system full circle,” Sheriff Ken Mascara said in a statement. “The men and women of the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, along with our partners at the St. Lucie County Fire District, FBI, ATF, FDLE and Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office worked tirelessly on this case and we thank them for their efforts.”
(07-23-2017, 10:23 PM)Vlad Wrote: Discrimination against blacks in the Middle East is at a high level. Perhaps their distain toward blacks supplants itself here in America.

You have witnessed this or heard about it?
(07-23-2017, 11:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: I could tell lots of anecdotal stories about people who went to the RC church I grew up in.  People arrested for rape, arson, child endangerment...O don't think there was a murderer though.  One guy who beat up and stole from a priest in a neighboring town.  One priest who (allegedly) had a son.

But none of that would mean the church itself was made up of bad/unreasonable people.

It means there were bad people that went to that church.

Lot's of good people too.

And in a town when Catholics were looked down on by some of the other demonstrations.

Although I don't remember anyone wanting to burn it down.

Look.... I really do not care what you believe when it comes to this mosque and it's people. I have dealt with these people on several transactions and on the one for the new location for the mosque. I know they are bad dudes because I deal with them.

I can't use most of my staff with them and when my gay employee works on their file I have to actually remind him to make sure he doesn't come off gay for his own safety.

The security company installing their system is ran by a woman who they refuse to speak to in a meeting. She wanted to walk away but one of her people convinced her to put in an enormously high bid. She can not come to the site.... that's crazy.

So please do not tell me that these people are great because you read where cair florida says they are so good. The fact of the matter is this area would be better off if this mosque was ran out of town.

You mentioned the mayor's office..... ofc they are going to speak well of them, they do not want to hurt tourism by telling the truth.

These people are nut jobs and endanger the community.
(07-24-2017, 12:17 AM)Dill Wrote: You have witnessed this or heard about it?

i have witnessed.

These guys are all from the Middle East and they hate black people. The only way they give them a chance is if they are Muslim.
(07-24-2017, 12:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: i have witnessed.  

These guys are all from the Middle East and they hate black people.  The only way they give them a chance is if they are Muslim.

The question was addressed to Vlad, who asserted that racism against blacks was at a "high level" in the Middle East.

Are you saying you have witnessed Muslim racism against blacks in the Middle East?

The Mosque situation you describe in St. Lucie seems to involve people who are fearful of the community around them.
(07-23-2017, 01:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

All I have said is that they are weird/nut jobs.

YOU just labeled a couple billion people as weird/nut jobs. That's not going to offend anyone Sarcasm

I am entitled to my own opinion

Yes you are, no matter how wrong you are...IMO of course.

, especially when I have direct knowledge of this group and how they operate.

So do I, I deal with a lot of Muslim immigrants and my assessment couldn't be further from yours (at least business wise) and since we are speaking on personal experience, yours doesn't mean  squat any more than mine does.

My response is in bold.  I'm surprised that our personal experiences are so different even though.  You're in Florida and I'm in Ohio.  Ok I'm not that surprised, I was being sarcastic...just to clarify things.
(07-24-2017, 02:47 AM)Dill Wrote: The question was addressed to Vlad, who asserted that racism against blacks was at a "high level" in the Middle East.

Are you saying you have witnessed Muslim racism against blacks in the Middle East?

The Mosque situation you describe in St. Lucie seems to involve people who are fearful of the community around them.

Or maybe they are just hateful people with a history of violence.

There are just bad mosques sometimes