Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tycen Anderson cut?
(08-14-2023, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After seeing what sort of game changing traits that last year's 5th round selection Tycen Anderson has to offer, it's really difficult for me to imagine him getting cut.  The last Safety that the Bengals drafted in the 5th round also turned out to be pretty good after some development, anyone remember George Iloka?

I was surprised to see how quickly he fell off after leaving Cincy.
He was always good for a few INTs and a good number of tackles.
He had the versatility to play both safety spots and also had the size to even try as a nickel LB.

If Anderson could become even close to Iloka, that'd be a great trajectory.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhhh. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Feels like home now.  :)

If I post this time next year: Tycen is basically entering his rookie season since he's been hurt two years in a row, then I'll gladly take whatever comes my way.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 01:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If I post this time next year: Tycen is basically entering his rookie season since he's been hurt two years in a row, then I'll gladly take whatever comes my way.  Hilarious

Don't feel badly, I mean it almost seems like Jackson Carman is entering his 4th rookie season.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 10:36 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Is this a joke? Guys goes out and gets 2 interceptions and we have a thread on here if he's going to be cut.

OP has a future in “journalism”. Hot takes snd clickbait indeed.

Normally I don’t comment on OPs since I rarely start threads myself, but Damn dude. WTF?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 10:54 PM)puddycat Wrote: Given that Bates and Bell each played 98+% of the snaps last year, and Michael Thomas player th e 3rd highest special teams snaps last year, what does Tycen Anderson have to do to make this team?

After seeing what Anderson did in Preseason Game 1, I have to imagine it's Hill, Scott, Battle, and Anderson. Or if you REALLY want Thomas for that ST ability, go light at one of the other positions and keep 11 DBs. They're already going light at LB with just 5. Do the Bengals really need 10+ DL? I'm thinking just go 5 DEs, 4 DTs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing what Anderson did in Preseason Game 1, I have to imagine it's Hill, Scott, Battle, and Anderson. Or if you REALLY want Thomas for that ST ability, go light at one of the other positions and keep 11 DBs. They're already going light at LB with just 5. Do the Bengals really need 10+ DL? I'm thinking just go 5 DEs, 4 DTs.

Nice post Ocho, Tycen will make the team and Thomas is a captain so I think they will try to find a way for him to be on the team.

Sounds about right in keeping 9 DL.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with 10 DL. Keep an eye on the fighting Peko's who looked good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Playmakers don't get cut
Reply/Quote
Why would we cut someone that had more INTs in one game than Eli had in an entire season? :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I think injuries will sort this out for us. They almost always do. Sad but true. After the next two games, I hope we have the luxury of actually making a choice.
Reply/Quote