Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Tycen Anderson cut? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Tycen Anderson cut? (/Thread-Tycen-Anderson-cut)

Pages: 1 2

Tycen Anderson cut? - puddycat - 08-13-2023

Given that Bates and Bell each played 98+% of the snaps last year, and Michael Thomas player th e 3rd highest special teams snaps last year, what does Tycen Anderson have to do to make this team?

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - Mike M (the other one) - 08-13-2023

Show up and stay healthy?

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - sandwedge - 08-13-2023

I don't think he is being cut anytime soon. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time Friday Night. I also think he could replace Thomas on special teams also.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - pally - 08-13-2023

play well during practice, show up for special teams, and oh yeah make picks during a game and if one turns out to be a pick 6 even better

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - NATI BENGALS - 08-13-2023

He should lead the team in STs tackles.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - Go Cards - 08-14-2023

it appears he is doing the things he needs to do already

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - jj22 - 08-14-2023

The battle for special teams ace at Safety is between Thomas and Scott.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - SunsetBengal - 08-14-2023

After seeing what sort of game changing traits that last year's 5th round selection Tycen Anderson has to offer, it's really difficult for me to imagine him getting cut. The last Safety that the Bengals drafted in the 5th round also turned out to be pretty good after some development, anyone remember George Iloka?

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - TecmoBengals - 08-14-2023

He's emerging as a good news story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - BurrowTheGoat - 08-14-2023

Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut? I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - Synric - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 09:19 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut?  I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

Everyone is just trying to figure out the numbers. I don't think the Bengals have went with 5 safeties in a while now it's been 7 corners. 

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - kalibengal - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 09:19 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Guy has 2 ints and one for a TD and people are asking if he going to be cut?  I think asking if hes going to be the starter alongside Dax is more fair.

judging by how Mike Thomas responded when asked I see him gunning for a coaching job soon....I think he knows the deal here
He gave a great answer.  

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - bengalfan74 - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's emerging as a good new story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.

Yep. I'd say he has a better than average shot. 

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - BengalBob - 08-14-2023

He's a lock to make the 53.

He would be snapped up in a second if they tried to stash him on the practice squad.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - QueenCity - 08-14-2023

Is this a joke? Guys goes out and gets 2 interceptions and we have a thread on here if he's going to be cut.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - rfaulk34 - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's emerging as a good new story, has a cheap contract, and is basically entering his rookie season since he was unhealthy last year. I think he's making the team.

Ahhhh. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Feels like home now.  :)

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - masonbengals fan - 08-14-2023

Keep playing like he did Friday night.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-14-2023

I think he is the 4th safety on the roster. I’m not sure who is going to knock him off the roster.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - bengalfan74 - 08-14-2023

(08-14-2023, 11:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhhh. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Feels like home now.  :)

LOL

Ross holds the record though. He had like 5 "rookie" seasons.

RE: Tycen Anderson cut? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 08-14-2023

No way we keep Thonas & cut Anderson. No chance. Thomas

We cut Thomas in 2021 and noonepucked him up. He's 2 years older now. He has little utility iutside specials..No one is gonna cut someone to make room for him.

Most likely: Anderson kept,,Thonas cut/PS
Not unlikely: keep both
Very unlikely: keep Thonas, cut Anderson